suggestions

Forum > Suggestions > Controller Support
Reply To Thread (login)
MrZal2 [100]
2018-06-05 08:46:03
[5 years, 298 days ago]

I was wondering how hard it would be to add controller support to this game for people to have as an option versus just keyboard and mouse, which are hard to use for some people. I was thinking maybe something could be done with that Hot Keys script and adding in something with it to jerry rig it to the game easier than coding it in.

That's about it. It's one of those things that would be of highest importance to some people but maybe not to others. Oh, and maybe a good idea would be to add a script thingy that eliminates all bots without energy available so the controller can be used easier to scroll down to attack bots.

Ender [1]
Administrator
2018-06-06 23:15:52
[5 years, 297 days ago]

I would imagine that this is primary a matter of keyboard support. If the game had keyboard navigation, then I suspect it would be fairly trivial to map controller input buttons to different keys, thus effectively controlling the game with a controller.

As for keyboard support, the hotkeys script you mentioned is a good starting point. That would at least allow you to control training/fighting again. As for other support like navigation of the fight list, it could eventually be added, but yeah I'm not sure how widely used it would be. Might be a nice project for way down the road.

Gpof2 [131]
2018-06-12 15:00:26
[5 years, 291 days ago]

Something like this is already achievable. I just used a combination of the hotkeys script like you suggested, as well as Xpadder.

Ender [1]
Administrator
2018-06-12 23:39:07
[5 years, 291 days ago]

Nice, I forgot about that video. ^^

Forum > Suggestions > Controller Support
Reply To Thread (login)