miscellaneous

MrZal2 [100]
2017-12-28 10:18:14
[6 years, 119 days ago]

With or without dumping, up to you (energy lost by attacking and losing vs a higher level target would be 0, or something like that), with or without diplomacy, or anything else you want. I'll make a small list of what you can vote for:

New server with dumpers: 0 votes
New server without dumpers: 0 votes
New server with diplomacy: 0 votes
New server without diplomacy: 0 votes
New server with a combination of these and other ideas: 0 votes

Generally speaking, I think we're all pretty damn bored of watching Escapism dump all month is all. Something new would be welcome to breath some life back into the game. As big of a stretch as that would be.

Chriseps [168]
2017-12-28 10:40:32
[6 years, 119 days ago]

basically, you want us to vote for a game without dumping-up-lvl (is that even a word?). since i dont see diplomacy changing anything in the game, yeah thats about it..

not a bad idea at all.. but.. then the game would just be about defeating dumpers higher than your lvl. so still, nothing much would change, other than the occasional need of kudo's and new gear on your main.

as long as we have one clan that is so much bigger (more active) than the rest, i dont see the dominance of escapism changing. lets face it: most people will always want to be part of the (any) ruling party (hey, people = sheep). only way to change that is to have the minority pull together and make the difference (so far i only saw a couple of attempts in the last months, mostly failing cause not every minority was in).

but then again, when/if these minorities succeed, they will become the ruling party and everything will just shift to that new clan.. old problem solved, new problem arrises, the king is dead, long live the king, and so on..

concluding my dialogue, nice n short, no wait, its kinda long now..

i dont care..

i vote: blank.

Chriseps [168]
2017-12-28 10:44:11
[6 years, 119 days ago]

oh.. and free hat!

Fishwick [135]
2017-12-28 10:53:14
[6 years, 119 days ago]

Don't be silly, Chris, Escapism are dominant because dumping exists, not because they have the most experienced, committed and teamworking players that will figure out the best ways to win together.

energy lost by attacking and losing vs a higher level target would be 0

And then I can rape someone 1 level higher than me, never risking my own energy but being able to gain his? Oh Zal, at least think before you post.

Chriseps [168]
2017-12-28 11:02:48
[6 years, 119 days ago]

hey, i have the right to be silly.. after all: i'm dutch, the most silly people around.. (dare i say never mind the pigmee's?, i dare..)

agreed fish, i dont know much about how energy works nowadays (i simply dont care about energy, i just want me wins!) (tho i dont see much difference from the method that was used in bots 2; it was a great try to improve tho, ender!) but would the game be really different without the dumpers? i mean, everyone can build them dumpers easily.. so we still are back to: who's most active in building and then in dumping..

oh and what i forgot in my first post: wasnt that how escapism rose to power in the first place? the minority defeating the ruling party? king dead, long live.. meh you know..

oh, but i could still be wrong ofc. i may pretend to know all, but im just a know-it-all.. fish: if you could shine somw red-bright-liverpool-light on this (^^): how would not having dumpers influence the game that much? personally i dont see it, but your post has made me curious, and since you always know more than i do (in bots4 thats a proven fact) i want to know dammit! (still i pretend not to care ofc)

Fishwick [135]
2017-12-28 11:12:48
[6 years, 119 days ago]

This HAS all happened before, yeah. Eternal were the dominant force from the start of the game, and we only broke their record streak last month. Eternal were not taken down by players whining that the game was unfair to them, they were taken down by a few players (Rene, Myriad, Esv mainly) gathering lots of noobs (me being one of them), training them up and getting a similar infrastructure. But they failed, and tried again, and failed again, over and over, slowly increasing their power until we finally got that first win. Then we had years of good competition and (reasonably) friendly rivalries until they went inactive. Zal could try to lead a new army of people that takes down the behemoth, but its much easier to complain on the forums and not have to click "fight again" millions of times.

Dumpers out of the game would diminish peoples work(mostly Escapisms, which is why its Zals favourite talking point), almost "resetting" the game to a point with less infrastructure, levelling the playing field.

Except that's only in theory, because if the best players can't dump, they'll score at lower levels, preventing or slowing down any new people (or rivals) trying to score. It's still a game of who is more active and clicks "fight again", so Escapism continue to win, except now new people and "noobs" can't even try to collect energy because they'll be fighting for it with someone more experienced.

Chriseps [168]
2017-12-28 11:23:04
[6 years, 119 days ago]

so concluding: i'm still right.. the game will still be about the most active people.. which will be escapism, because ruling party always gets the most followers (sheep = people).

and, as i ofc said, the only way the break the rule is for the minority to really team up together (and become the new ruling party).

oh and most important: nice going on putting mrzzz (thats zal, for the readers that are not too bright, or too drunk) in his place.. whining never did anyone any good. and its lame. and so on.

if you want to get things done, take it up to yourself to start. oh and zzz, were'nt you the one also suggesting ender to make a completely new game? im pretty sure that was you.. if i wasnt as lazy as i am i would told you back then to start that new game yourself.. and since im at it now..: go make that new game yourself.. hey, if its good, ill play it!

D3FT0N37 [76]
2017-12-28 12:41:06
[6 years, 119 days ago]

Look, I haven't played in ten years until late last month, didn't even know what energy was when I got back online. I also didn't know what dumpers were at the time, but I've figured it out. Still don't use them really.

I just built a few bots with various stat distributions to see which did what I wanted, then dug in and got busy. And I joined Escapism because they seemed active and would be a good knowledge-base/resource for help with builds and such.

This is a fun game, and having a Goliath to tackle should make it more interesting. I'm sort of tired of seeing all these posts crabbing about Escapism. That energy would be much better spent getting organized and coming up with a winning strategy, yeah?

MrZal2 [100]
2017-12-28 13:08:08
[6 years, 119 days ago]

So 3 votes for "doing nothing, get ur ass in gear instead n change the game retards", got it.

Chriseps [168]
2017-12-28 13:10:00
[6 years, 119 days ago]

you zzzure got it (thumbs up)

Chriseps [168]
2017-12-28 13:13:34
[6 years, 119 days ago]

2 out of 3 new guys (the 3rd being barricade has taken a little brake) say the same.. please take notice of that, stop your eternal crying (no pun) and take action yourself..

MrZal2 [100]
2017-12-28 13:18:26
[6 years, 119 days ago]

I'm not really in the mood to spend 400 hours looking for Raven Caws and answerers to try and beat people that spend 8 hours a day trying to win an imaginary pixel game on the internet. Sorry to tell you that.

D3FT0N37 [76]
2017-12-28 17:16:09
[6 years, 119 days ago]

Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion.

Chriseps [168]
2017-12-28 17:24:33
[6 years, 119 days ago]

zal.. you are free to just quit this here stupid little game..

please do and go make something of yourself, there is so much (very) hidden quality in you..

you could be a doctor, or the one that cures cancer.. or, more likely, the one that stopped all the negativity on bots by just quitting..

matter of fact, you did quit, did you? ages ago, you just hang around to soil the forum, like you did in bots2, right?

so.. do the world a favour and cure cancer.. or just leave here (or become an actual active member), your choice

Pothead2 [1]
2017-12-28 18:38:12
[6 years, 119 days ago]

Well the game being at all balanced from a competitive/resource/players/w.e else point of view would be a good start lol. My vote would go to a new server with diplomacy I think that would be pretty fun to play again.

Myriad [394]
2017-12-29 01:50:18
[6 years, 118 days ago]

One thing that I personally like about bots is being able to keep your progress, and adding to your growing wins/levels by the year. However in saying that, it does leave new players playing catch up, in particular with passive generation of energy, which over years can tally to a significant amount. From that perspective I agree that a parallel server, something akin to the blue server in bots2 could be a breath of fresh air into the game. There could also be periodic resets every few months/per year or something to keep things fresh. In Diablo 3 for example there are seasonal and non-seasonal modes. You keep all your progress in non-seasonal, but seasonal resets every few months, and there are no particular advantages to either mode other than that most people play seasonal. I think a similar model could work in bots4 with enough activity.

Esvrainzas [250]
2017-12-29 08:45:58
[6 years, 118 days ago]

I like the idea of having a second server where everything is equal except that all bots are reset after an year. As an example that I like, League of Legends competitive mode works in seasons (from jan to oct where nov-dec is used to introduce major even game-changing updates, season 8 is about to begin). It would be cool to fight for season trophies :)

Since Ender is willing to invest on advertising in 2018, maybe having a second server like this could make his money more effective in retaining new players.

Fishwick [135]
2017-12-29 10:29:26
[6 years, 118 days ago]

New server would bring some life into the game, but we've also gotta be careful about splitting the community in half, and then one of those halves probably dying over time.

Don't know how often a reset would be best, there won't be much of an energy "scene" if its only a few months, but it'll be dominated in the late stages if its much longer. Maybe we could incentivize a levelling competition, I'm not sure how energy would work considering the lack of targets in a "seasonal" mode, maybe bring back uncapped EPH.

Esvrainzas [250]
2017-12-29 10:56:42
[6 years, 118 days ago]

I guess we could play in both servers since we already use multiple bots at once... and I think more than half of the player base has been inactive now and a new server could make them back. I think one year is good because it lets you build resources and use them. Anyway the details doesnt matter, it only matters if Ender is willing to discuss this.