questions

Forum > Questions > Chrome issues anyone?
Reply To Thread (login)
Train Again [245]
2014-09-30 09:24:52
[9 years, 223 days ago]

Alll the computers on our network at home are doing the same thing. Lags on load up, lags when other programs are up besides chrome. Lags just to switch to anoterh tab and etc. Already installed already removed extensions and turned off chrome:plugins sections. Still nothing works. Every other webbrowser runs fine. Like said already uninstalled and reinstalled chrome but still get the same issues. And its multiple computers in the house getting this problem. Any ideas?

-Rithy

Sesshomaru [100]
2014-09-30 09:40:35
[9 years, 223 days ago]

Talk dirty to it.

But seriously how about...

Resetting Google Chrome to the Default Settings
Resetting Network Settings for Maximum Internet Performance
Disabling the Automatic Tuning Level
Disabling Detecting Proxy Settings Automatically
Deleting Cache Contents & Temporary Internet Files

There's tons of things it can be really. Mine has no lag though. Just when it starts up I get a small amount of lag but that may just be my slow computer lol.

Train Again [245]
2014-09-30 09:50:53
[9 years, 223 days ago]

Already tried all that :/

Sesshomaru [100]
2014-09-30 10:05:20
[9 years, 223 days ago]

Well, here are some other ideas:

If you use Windows 8, log out of Chrome so that it is not synced with your Google account and it may restore performance back to 100%. (although the person said that it still lags after)

"Like you I work in IT, and chrome throughout our client base is noticeably slower. You can disable add-ons or remove them altogether, this fixes some peoples issues but not others. It is very random and I have yet to pin-point it down to JUST an add-on being at fault. I feel it is an inherent problem with the browser itself. Check the dev threads on google chrome, you will see the issue has been ongoing for well over 6mths and is affecting cross-platforms too."

"To disable it... type "chrome:settings" in the address bar, click Advanced Settings, then uncheck "Use hardware acceleration when available" under the System header. Close all open Chrome browser instances and restart Chrome." <this one seems most likely

"If you're using BitDefender (the free antivirus software) you'll need to uninstall it and use an alternative antivirus."

"We do have a known issue with bookmarks (https://crbug.com/409126) in that those with large number of bookmarks are seeing slowness when switching between tabs. You can star this bug report to receive updates. A workaround there is move all bookmarks in the bookmark bar into another folder. Some users on another thread have seen improvements by upgrading to beta. You can download Chrome Beta here. "

There's your reading for today.

Forum > Questions > Chrome issues anyone?
Reply To Thread (login)