Happy February everyone. The code for the scheduling and registration portions of tournaments is complete, so I've opened up registration for edition 1. Head on over to the homepage once you're logged in and register for a modest kudos fee.
Note that the actual tournament is still a ways off - it's scheduled for February 25. Future editions won't have registration this far in advance, but I figured I'd open the first one up early to let people preprare for the category ranges and to drum up some excitement for this long-awaited feature. :)
More details about all the inner workings of tournaments will be shared later, but here are some highlights:
- Every bot will fight every other bot within its category once.
- The bot with the most wins in a category is the category winner.
- Bots will receive trophies, kudos, and experience based on their performance within their category.
- There will be a clan aspect. I'm still working out the exact details, but it will involve trophies.
- The category you register for (which is based on your level at time of registration) is not necessarily the category you will compete in (which is based on your level at time of tournament).
- Unlike in bots2, you won't be logged out during the tournament. A snapshot of your bot will be taken at the start of the tournament, so what you are wearing and how your stats are distributed at that time will be what decides your performance.
Good luck and happy tournament bot building!