Continuing with this year's theme of automation, getting and changing custom logos on bots with 9+ stars no longer requires interacting with a human (read: me)! The details:
- There's a new field on the workshop settings page.
- The new field is only editable for bots with 9+ stars.
- Like bot/clan images, you use Imgur to upload your logo.
- Unlike bot/clan images, the logo will be downloaded to the bots4 server and thus the Imgur URL you use will not be saved.
- Some basic validation is done on things like image dimensions and extension.
This update is a big win for everyone. Players no longer have to wait for me to manually move a file around and I have one less recurring game maintenance task to deal with, freeing me up to work on more interesting updates.
Stay tuned for self-service perm star moves. That should be the last recurring chore of mine to automate. \o/