questions

Forum > Questions > So how does the game work now?
Reply To Thread (login)
simplicity [103]
2014-11-03 01:00:13
[9 years, 189 days ago]

Hi so I am originally from bots2 and just recently came back to see how the game was doing and wanted to try it out.

Whats with all these new terms and references that people keep using (dumpers? assuming they work the same as cswhores?) does that mean that people aren't meant to attack them or something. I thought the purpose of bots4 was to irradicate the bot fighting? or was this originally the plan and then it got circumvented?

Thanks for the help.

Pothead [72]
2014-11-03 05:30:28
[9 years, 189 days ago]

To be good at this game in terms of scoring you need dumpers. As all the whores with energy on them are local and anyone can attack them after an hour or so of scoring you will run out or you might even log in to see someone has taken all the energy and you cant score from attacking bots at all(Happens to me a lot).

Because of this people make dumpers, this is normally a clan of 20 bots lower level than your main bot which will sit and generate energy, they have to be able to hold the energy by having the best weps and armour. Then once enough energy has generated you log on each dumpers and uprape your main to transfer it.

A good dumper for you would be maybe lvl 75-77 answerer/equalizer dumper ;)

Nosferatu [264]
2014-11-03 10:42:49
[9 years, 189 days ago]

Since the eradication of clan diplomacy, all clans are now effectively "at war" with every other clan.

Gone is clan score (which was infinite), and replaced with energy (which is a finite resource, generated hourly with the hourly sum determined by your EPH (number from 0 - 60))

Like pothead stated, due to the nature of the game, where all clans are warred and with energy being finite, you have to supplement your energy with other means.

This generally has come to be by (as pothead stated) creating what is referred to as a "freaked" build (think perfect build on steroids), and then creating a horde of bots at the min level that can attack your "main perfect build". Thus the term dumper, as you are dumping energy from lower level bot onto your main.

I thought the purpose of bots4 was to irradicate the bot fighting? or was this originally the plan and then it got circumvented?

As far as this goes, I'm assuming you meant getting rid of whores, rather than bot fighting, as that was the original plan for both game designers. Think "real wars," but as the world works, people always gravitate towards the path of least resistance, thus dumpers were created.

simplicity [103]
2014-11-03 11:17:57
[9 years, 189 days ago]

Ah okay I see so slightly more complex than how it originally but essentially still the same. Guess a leveling bot is the only real way to move forward from here on out!

Thanks for the responses

Forum > Questions > So how does the game work now?
Reply To Thread (login)