questions

Forum > Questions > is this true?
Reply To Thread (login)
Gesstastic [66]
2015-07-27 14:41:53
[8 years, 287 days ago]

scoring is done in the low levels, high levels is less energy, if you level you need a little more int or use ratio whores, its not bots2 anymore, the 130-135 high ratio bots are freaked blasters, they create like 100 lvl 100 bots then attack their own bot, called dumping

and, too whom? i thought it was about building bots to fight against other bots in turn testing your build and becoming the best player on the server... not fighting myself if i wanted to do that i would do just fine without bots4 lol

Scabara [54]
2015-07-27 15:25:02
[8 years, 287 days ago]

Games evolved, its still perfectly fine to score without dumpers, about half of the top 10 scorers at the minute don't use them.

Creator God Light [32]
2015-07-27 16:07:32
[8 years, 287 days ago]

i dont use dumpers :) very possible without them

Judge Zal [27]
2015-07-27 19:01:55
[8 years, 287 days ago]

Because people found out the easiest way to score was to make strong bots at their own level, thus warding off regular attackers, and used a loophole where if the bot is at the top end of the levels they are allowed to attack then the high level bot getting the energy gains 0 experience points normally + it doesn't damage their weapons and armours.

To a degree the game is a lot more broken then it used to be. But Ender and others would call them "features". To close the loophole would only make it harder for people to play at higher levels (maybe make people attack only like 3 levels higher than them) and make low level bots more acceptable. But to a degree focusing on the low levels would more than likely increase the population on this game. But many of those people go idle and leave. Ender tries to keep the whales (aka the people with money that want to make level 300 bots with 0 losses and 2 trains) around to pay the server costs rather than cater to the cheap crowd.

only ASAP [100]
2015-07-27 23:29:27
[8 years, 287 days ago]

^ Oh shit..

Gpof5 [143]
2015-07-27 23:47:25
[8 years, 287 days ago]

To close the loophole would only make it harder for people to play at higher levels (maybe make people attack only like 3 levels higher than them) and make low level bots more acceptable.

It'd definitely hinder higher levels. But on the contrary for low levels, it wouldn't make them more "acceptable". Where do you think the current higher level scorers would go if something like that changed? There'd be more people scoring in the low levels so it would further distribute the energy, actually making it more difficult. Low level scoring still is, and always has been since the start of bots 4 a great way to score. People go out of their way just to level opposing low level bots because scoring down there is so efficient.

Fishwick [134]
2015-07-28 04:02:14
[8 years, 287 days ago]

You love a good rant about how everything used to be better without making any meaningful points don't you Zal.

Bots2 players outside of the top clans were only able to get score at 50% speed as they had no decent whore clans to war. Anyone, as pothead and others have recently proven, can come into bots4 and gain huge, #1 scores without needing to be 'established'.

I'll be the first to admit the game has got it's flaws, but it's much easier for a new guy to come in and be competitive than it was in bots2. Dumpers are absolutely not required.

Myriad [364]
2015-07-28 06:46:01
[8 years, 287 days ago]

Pretty much what Fishwick said. Scoring is extremely viable at low levels considering how much easy energy is available from public whores that generate 20 EPH, and the fact that directly taking energy allows you to score twice as fast as dumping.

Dumpers provide a guaranteed source of energy, and allows you to scatter dump in the event that you want to score extremely quickly. But its obvious downside is building them and maintaining the dumper ratios.

As for fighting yourself, well that is what the game has been about for some time, even back in bots2. The player base is just too small to allow for any meaningful PvP competition. Also, most good players know the best builds at any given level, and fighting exact copies of your bot isn't exactly captivating.

Judge Zal [27]
2015-07-28 16:09:18
[8 years, 286 days ago]
You love a good rant about how everything used to be better without making any meaningful points don't you Zal.

I could have gave more information, yes, but I'm tired of making essays for a dead game that only 3 people read and reply to just to piss me off about. I was trying to answer his/her question:

and, too whom? i thought it was about building bots to fight against other bots in turn testing your build and becoming the best player on the server... not fighting myself if i wanted to do that i would do just fine without bots4 lol

I was explaining why things are set up as they are even though it was a bit dramatic to say the least. I said that people figured out how to reduce losses that they incur via "securing" their energy for their higher level bots through dumping. It's one, if not the only good way of scoring at level 120+ simply because there's not that many whore bots past there and the ones that are are controlled by a few people that may or may not like you doing that to their bots. Until Ender makes the PvE system he has talked about forever now, I don't see that changing.

Bots2 players outside of the top clans were only able to get score at 50% speed as they had no decent whore clans to war.

That's true, but when you could attack those bots any time you wanted for 100 wins or so aka 100 cs, which would be equivalent to at the lowest, 8 times its value now (16 energy / 2 cs per battle = 8), or 800 energy, which is not available at any time (it would also take 40 hours to replenish at 20 EPH rather than the 24 hours reset of bots2) and you can have it all taken by someone in your level range (unless of course there's tons of energy available). So even though you make it sound so horrible, hostile attacks in bots2 were superior to 20 EPH whores now.

As for 20 EPH dumpers, it's nearly similar. For 60 EPH dumpers it's better but 100 wins @ 16-18 energy or so it's the same except for the 60EPH factor that pushes the time down to 13 hours instead of a 24 hour rape limit. All that was accomplished in bots4 was to make the game harder than it was before with a couple exceptions such as low levels and buffs etc. But even now those the low levels need to be simplified even further with higher train rates and tutorials etc.

Also, good for you Gesstastic for finding out about the game so quickly :) I give you a gold star!

Not Not Neps [1]
2015-08-06 03:31:21
[8 years, 278 days ago]

This was true. I guess it still is. Awesome!

Forum > Questions > is this true?
Reply To Thread (login)