questions

Forum > Questions > Worth playing?
Reply To Thread (login)
d e n [1]
2017-08-24 04:12:55
[6 years, 246 days ago]

I use to play a shitload of Bots][ and was overjoyed when I remembered this project and saw it was done. reading the forums thought there's a bit some negative criticism of the game. Is it worth grinding out or is the game stale in end game? what else would people suggest playing thats similar :) thanks!

Esvrainzas [250]
2017-08-24 04:15:10
[6 years, 246 days ago]

This month and last one have been pretty competitive. I wouldn't say the game is stale...

d e n [1]
2017-08-24 04:17:26
[6 years, 246 days ago]

maybe stale is the wrong word, can a new player be successful?

Esvrainzas [250]
2017-08-24 04:22:53
[6 years, 246 days ago]

A new player would need to learn how bots4 is being played and put time into it to be successful. It's perfectly possible to get a top10 monthly energy for a new player though.

d e n [2]
2017-08-24 04:24:02
[6 years, 246 days ago]

oh Ive got no issue with committing to the grind :) any particular guides worth following?

Esvrainzas [250]
2017-08-24 04:32:43
[6 years, 246 days ago]

There isn't guides... The best way to learn is by talking with other players. Join a clan, join chat, send bmails :)

Pothead [110]
2017-08-24 04:37:33
[6 years, 246 days ago]

shame a majority of the community are wankers who cant see things from other peoples perspective...scammers, cheaters, shitty owner who never logs on are just a few examples of the cunts who play this game...I would advise you to stay well away.

d e n [4]
2017-08-24 04:44:49
[6 years, 246 days ago]

this is what im worried about, if I get into the game am I just gonna get frustrated by people abusing the game/lack of support.

Esvrainzas [250]
2017-08-24 04:46:44
[6 years, 246 days ago]

My advice: choose your friends well.

Chriseps [164]
2017-08-24 04:47:52
[6 years, 246 days ago]

as u can see, Potty is just a little frustrated atm.. that does not reflect the majority of players..

i myself used to play bots2 alot and just recently got into bots4.. its still a nice game..

Oh and Potty, would you please stop what you are doing, you will regret doing so in a few days.. its not worth it man.

Pothead [110]
2017-08-24 04:50:50
[6 years, 246 days ago]

my advice: dont waste your time like i have enjoying a game to be pushed away by the community..go live your life ;)

mk01 [119]
2017-08-24 04:51:18
[6 years, 246 days ago]

he got no rescpet for anyone

Esvrainzas [250]
2017-08-24 04:51:43
[6 years, 246 days ago]

I really see bots4 has a good reflection of how the world is. Friendships, rivalries, alliances, wars, betrayals, espionage, teamwork, etc.

As in real life, there's is good and bad people.

Pothead [110]
2017-08-24 04:53:03
[6 years, 246 days ago]

you missed out stealing and bullying

Pothead [110]
2017-08-24 04:54:27
[6 years, 246 days ago]

this game is so great that there is 30 online as we speak!

d e n [5]
2017-08-24 04:55:21
[6 years, 246 days ago]

I didnt mean to unearth so much beef :P Alright giving it a go, so really no tips on where to put stats early or weapons good to go for?

Fishwick [134]
2017-08-24 06:06:47
[6 years, 246 days ago]

Just try what you remember/think is good the first time round, plenty of time to theory craft the best possible bot later on!

Ignoring the jaded members of the community is best, plenty of nice people in the game that will help you

Pothead [110]
2017-08-24 06:11:20
[6 years, 246 days ago]

dont bother playing because you are going to be onlined like pretty much everyone else..or listen to a corrupt wanker like fishwick.

d e n [24]
2017-08-24 06:14:35
[6 years, 246 days ago]

got some serious good angel vs bad angel here haha so winging it works fine for the first bot? in the counter point am I gonna get raped by more experienced players?

Fishwick [134]
2017-08-24 06:17:17
[6 years, 246 days ago]

In reality no, they've got no reason to. As you get further into the game it's a fairly valid tactic if you've got a very weak bot with lots of energy. I wouldn't worry about this until joining a clan and making yourself many enemies like most of the victims of that sort of stuff love doing. All of that can be avoided by having a strong bot though, and someone will help you make that once you're a bit more familiar with the game

Baddest [29]
2017-08-24 06:22:32
[6 years, 246 days ago]

everyone is so scared about you Potty lol

Fishwick [134]
2017-08-24 06:23:32
[6 years, 246 days ago]

Can we get this thread back on track. Stop making new guys threads about yourself. Any unrelated posts to the topic will be removed as of now

d e n [24]
2017-08-24 06:30:10
[6 years, 246 days ago]

im gonna play just for the popcorn in these forums haha Alright im just gonna go str/dex balanced and pick what ever weapons seem value.

Samuli [150]
2017-08-24 06:54:56
[6 years, 246 days ago]

Familiarise yourself with freaking at some point. The forum search function works well for that. If you are looking to dominate bots4 clan races, read Lord Bowlers guide ;)

Mister Incredible [41]
2017-08-24 10:56:30
[6 years, 245 days ago]

I would have to say that it's really not worth playing with the state that the game is in now. In my opinion it's pretty much devolved in to a one sided unfinished mess.

The owner has pretty much abandoned the game. He never appears on the forum because he can not take the inevitable criticism that will start up when he does come on. So he doesn't say anything.

The owner has lost all interest and the game is basically in an unfinished state. He had many ideas and dreams in the beginning that as can be seen and experienced once you get in to the game, have NOT worked. Overtime other things started happening in RL for him and he gave up on doing anything other than pay the server fees. The result is an unfinished mess where one group of people totally dominate every aspect of the game and their outlook is that "they took years to build that domination up, so why should they suffer because everything is perfect as it is and the other side is just lazy and they should quit the game and find something else to do if they don't like the way things are." In short, there is no competition no matter what is said.

The game has pretty much devolved in to a shouting match between the two opposing sides. One side owns the forums because they have the only forum moderator in the game, they own the monthly clan competition, they own the tourney, all the high level bots ad on and on. And if you disagree then you will pay the consequences for your non-conformance to their believes.

I have interacted with some of them and they can be very friendly and helpful when they want to be so not all are like that. However others are not so nice and they will never try to understand where the other side gets their feelings and opinions from. In short they are incapable of putting themselves in the other sides shoes so to speak so they will NEVER agree with your differing opinion. Believe me, there are some very accomplished players that are on the non winning and opposing side.

People dismiss everything that others say and will online you simply for posting something they don't like on the forum. Other things that can happen is that some people get satisfaction from destroying your level 100 nan attempt. Players will be training their level 300 something bot and see a guy that appears to be going for level 100 nan and they will stop just to bust your attempt with one of the legions or all kinds of level bots at their disposal.

If you happened to kick a spy from your clan they will remember that forever and will punish you for that innocent act. And if you complain on the forum you get your pitiful ass kicked even more just because you complained on the forum. People in this game will hold a grudge over the smallest and stupidest things. You might have your kudos stolen, you will be onlined so that you can do nothing except log off and on and fucking on. It's never ending if you happen to be on the wrong side.

All of this activity is done all in the name of "real wars" and "because that was the way the game was designed to be played." However if the game was really designed to be played like real wars then why are dumpers, and thousands of whores used to win each and every month? It doesn't make any sense. In reality you should just be using your superior bots to fight energy bots from opposing competitive clans, not fighting whore clans or using dumpers to get easy energy. IMO real wars is just an excuse to do something that NO one else in the games does simply because they believe that it isn't a sporting thing to steal and rape other players weak and pitiful bots.

Then theres Pothead. Apparently Pothead isn't on any side other than his own and he is just plain old angry all the time. He will screw with you just because you took some of what he deems is his personal energy with his name on it. He can't be reasoned with and he pretty much just does his own thing.

Thats my personal opinion of the game. Now just sit back and read the responses and reactions that my long opinion draws and you will be able to clearly see where the differing sides are. It's actually sad because this game did have potential. Now it just limps along and serves as an easy win for one side in their march in to Bots history. Sad... Very Sad... Unfortunately, I would suggest that you do find something else.

hater [84]
2017-08-24 11:13:19
[6 years, 245 days ago]

The game slowly dieing...

d e n [46]
2017-08-24 11:16:36
[6 years, 245 days ago]

But I just started leveling </3

Esvrainzas [250]
2017-08-24 12:12:32
[6 years, 245 days ago]

To make things clear. One side is Escapism and the other is the people currently on Reborn, Pirate Haven, Malicious Villainous and Eternal clans.

Currently Escapism is dominating with a 13 month winning streak and it seems we are invencible. We have lots of active players that built their resources over time. When one side dominates like this it's normal that others feel the game is broken.

Now a bit of bots4 history that it seems to be forgotten by some people. In the start of bots4 Eternal dominated the game winning the first month and being invencible for 17 months. Yes, 17 months straight (current record). Lots of complaining from people non-eternal. Game needs improvement bla bla. Well, the first clan to be successful at beating Eternal was Escapism. And we won 6 months straight.

Mister Incredible, I can understand your side because I've been there. I saw Eternal winning month after month and my dream was to beat them. To be honest, for me the game is funnier when you try to beat someone. I had lots of fun building my dumpers and preparing the months when Escapism was going for the win. Eventually, my dream came true and now Escapism is the new Eternal. I'm waiting for the new Escapism to appear.

Another side note to Mister Incredible. When Eternal dominated for 17 months straight, getting a lvl 100 Nan was a big achievement because it was normal to stop nan runs. Then things got soft and now you assume getting a Nan should be easy. I have the feeling you weren't around in the start of bots4 no? Otherwise you would know this.

Executed [134]
2017-08-24 13:10:42
[6 years, 245 days ago]

The game is perfectly balanced. No need for people to hate about it being 1 sided. Just because 1 clan has alot of resources doesn't make them invincible. Dont listen to people hating on the game or its development just learn the tricks involved in its current state and its not bad. As a side note, ignore the haters and find out if the game is fun to you.

MrZal2 [100]
2017-08-24 16:52:39
[6 years, 245 days ago]

I'll just talk to you d e n.

Is it worth grinding out or is the game stale in end game? what else would people suggest playing thats similar :)

The grinding is fun, making your first bots is fun, joining your first clan can be fun. If you're a 15 year veteran of bots2 and bots4 like me though, the end game is fairly stale. But there are multiple end games, one being leveling (the easiest I believe, you don't have to join a clan or anything even, but I suggest getting help on builds), one being top energy, and one being top wins/losses or most amount of tournaments won/lots of trophies. You just have to pick one that suits you.

As for games that are similar, this game was made from Diablo 2, even the weapons and armours are references to it. Diablo 3 is newer and fairly fun if you like a bit more graphics and loot finding. But I still love Diablo 2.

maybe stale is the wrong word, can a new player be successful?

Takes a lot of time but yes. Depends on what you call success.

any particular guides worth following?

I don't many people have made a player guide and the game lacks a tutorial, but strength is still good until the 150 range or so. Then balanced. A level 100 answerer bot or 75 equalizer or 60 conquerer axe or 50 frozen blades etc. will do you fine. If you want to learn how to freak bots, feel free to look that up. If you ask for build advice on the forums people will help. Since you said str/bal, I would suggest going for legend blades to pain swords all the way up to gold katanas for now.

frustrated by people abusing the game/lack of support.

I am, but that doesn't mean you should be. Mind you I talk on this forum more than the owner does and I barely come on once a week.

raped by more experienced players?

Only if they hate you. Or for some reason want to attack your ratio, who knows.

Hope I helped. I wish I could add this to a sticky thread to help new players but alas, 15 years and I'm not even a moderator. Mind you I'm not sure if they can even sticky threads.

MrZal2 [100]
2017-08-24 17:16:43
[6 years, 245 days ago]

I should also state the Path of Exile is a great DIablo type game too, and it's free-to-play, maybe even one of the best free to play games of all time :)

d e n [51]
2017-08-24 19:06:57
[6 years, 245 days ago]

haha if anyone's playing Harbinjer in PoE add Collarstayspoppin, rolling a 92 ED/CON Trick this league and always good to have more friends on the list for various stuff!

d e n [52]
2017-08-24 19:09:05
[6 years, 245 days ago]

And cheers Mister Incredible and MrZal2 for your long write ups, helps me get the lay of the land.

Myriad [390]
2017-08-25 04:17:58
[6 years, 245 days ago]

The only people I see in this thread trying to discourage a returning player from playing again are those with an agenda to push. The core of the game hasn't changed one bit, and as can be seen by this month, competition is definitely alive and well in the game, so I would say now is as good a time to start playing the game as any. Contrary to some comments in this thread, being onlined is a rarity and generally only happens if you intentionally piss off another player by onlining them, attacking their ratio whore, etc. It is true that your bot could be a target if you have a lot of energy and a weak build, but competent bot-building will circumvent this. Also being quite low levelled is somewhat protective against this.

There has been mention of Ender's inactivity in this thread. Just wanted to point out that the rationale behind this game's design is that it is largely automated and requires minimal input by Ender to run normally. It's true that he hasn't nearly carried through with a number of 'upcoming' changes, but that's certainly nothing new. There is nothing these days that strictly requires him to log in, so his inactivity shouldn't discourage you from playing the game.

Leader2 [85]
2017-08-26 05:06:28
[6 years, 244 days ago]

I feel the game died out a looong time ago tbh. even though competition is still here i feel the only way REAL competition will be added is if escapism ever decided to part and battle one another. who knows what the future holds...

By looking at Eternal now it looks as if Pothead is the only active scoring Player in there. Imo the game was at its peak probably 3-4 years ago but its not a bad time to be joining the game now. Looks as if fresh blood is breathing through now... BUT imo again this fresh blood isn't going to beat escapism (they just have to much resources)

Forum > Questions > Worth playing?
Reply To Thread (login)