questions

Forum > Questions > Bots 4 reset
Reply To Thread (login)
Diomedes [151]
2020-12-31 01:33:51
[3 years, 126 days ago]

Is Ender planning one ? So many games does ladder reset, I think it would be nice to have a fresh start to everyone. 2021 FTW

Satanus Inaximasus [337]
2020-12-31 11:38:38
[3 years, 125 days ago]

As I do like this idea in many games. I just don't think it would work with this game especially when people like myriad, lyrad, eps even myself have played multiple hours a day to get to such a high level for it to be deleted

I fear it would cause players to not play anymore if all that hard work as been out in for nothing

Ender [1]
Administrator
2020-12-31 19:07:12
[3 years, 125 days ago]

Not planning on it, no.

One of the things that drew me to bots2 back in the day was that it doesn't have a monthly reset. Well, there's a monthly race, but it's not like other games where you're starting from scratch each month.

Diomedes [151]
2021-01-01 16:42:55
[3 years, 124 days ago]

monthly reset isn't enough, the game lost itself. For example a new player would take a year to get to 200lvl or so and someone who has "ratio whores" can make it in an hour, so how's that fair ? Not everyone is here for monthly competition.

Execute [390]
2021-01-01 16:44:52
[3 years, 124 days ago]

a 2nd new server would be cool but leave peoples years of work alone

Diomedes [151]
2021-01-01 16:46:56
[3 years, 124 days ago]

I definitely agree with you. Ender how about that ? Blue server

trki [200]
2021-01-01 16:52:51
[3 years, 124 days ago]

It takes you whole year to lvl 200 because you play 10 minutes a day and probably have low amounts of int for that matter.

People didn't have RWs all the time, they were made for leveling purposes and it takes long time to make all them RWs.

Monthly reset is just fine regarding the energy, but I guess not everyone likes it and instead of complaining about it, you could just start playing and potentially have all that stuff without needing new server.

Diomedes [151]
2021-01-01 16:59:24
[3 years, 124 days ago]

How offensive mg it doesn't matter how much you spend time playing, not everyone is competitive, some have families, full time jobs and saying someone new has to build XP WHORES, DUMPERS FIRST ? Since when this is a requirement to able to play bots ?

trki [200]
2021-01-01 17:11:28
[3 years, 124 days ago]

Having RWs and Dumpers is not a requirement, and that is not what I said? I only said it makes it easier. You said you need whole year to get to level 200 and that is true if you barely even play.

I don't know what offends you from what I said. And how come people with families and full time jobs can and have time to make all of that? Take Eps for example, constantly in top10 energy and top level but he has family and full time job that takes a lot of him and he is still on top.

El Hefe [417]
2021-01-01 17:13:33
[3 years, 124 days ago]

the inlaws kill me tbh

Zach01 [132]
2021-01-01 18:42:45
[3 years, 124 days ago]

This whole argument/discussion whatever you you want to call it is absurd.

What you are saying basically is people have taken the time to build stuff that will help them, which is the concept of the game, but because you haven't it's not fair and the game should be reset?

If the game was reset or we got a blue server(which the playerbase simply doesn't jutify)then guess what.. it would still take you as long to get to level 200.

My suggestion is join a clan with rw's or offer to wd somebodys for you to use and then build your own, if you cant do that then do what people did at the start of the game and build them by training or looking for public rw's etc.

The fact you want to reset the likes of Eps', Myriad and many others work is much more offensive than trki's post.

Rough times [150]
2021-01-01 18:45:26
[3 years, 124 days ago]

Totally irrelevant and stupid idea.

Over and out.

Luthrin [104]
2021-01-01 20:29:49
[3 years, 124 days ago]

“New players don’t have access to RW, Dumpers etcâ€

Yeah duh that’s kind of how it works. We all had to start from scratch, wether that’s forming social clics or grind like a MF like Eps.

Show me a newbie with access to the same perks as me and I’ll show you what unfair is.

Myriad [414]
2021-01-01 20:32:08
[3 years, 124 days ago]

I think that variety would have a lot to offer this game, and the idea of a separate server that resets periodically wouldn't be a bad idea. There are a lot of aspects to bots, that after you've played for a while aren't relevant any more. Things such as levelling via training under level 200, or even 300 these days. When was the last time anyone equipped a blood eater or dragons claw for instance? When was the last time someone got real joy out of making a level 100 NaN, because their previous half a dozen runs had been ruined by another bot online? I mean sure, it's nice to be able to level fast and not worry about getting raped etc, but when there are challenges things tend to be more rewarding when you actually succeed. The game is definitely getting a bit stale, and it could use something that will restore interest and level the playing field a little.

Zach01 [132]
2021-01-01 20:48:26
[3 years, 124 days ago]

I disagree with the idea of a new server, there isn't enough active players even on this server to make a new one, although I do agree it needs more variety that could be solved with PVM for levelers , side missions, new equipment.. hell even a monthly bots battle pass of some sort.

There are still plenty of challenges to be had in the game if you set high goals, I just made the highest level 10 int rw and it took me 6 months but the sense of accomplishment I got from it was huge, breaking rene's record felt good too.

(I also equip dragons claw if I'm rush buying int gear and chances dont show lol)

Myriad [414]
2021-01-01 21:07:05
[3 years, 124 days ago]

But I think that part of the reason there are so few new players, is because they see what is required to be #1, whether it be in levels, wins, energy or even the monthly clan race, and it just isn't worth their time to invest that much time just to have a small chance at reaching the top. A new player logs in, plays for a few hours, and gets to level 30. Then they look at the online list and see bots at level 300-400, get discouraged and don't bother playing any further. And the fewer new players there are, the less motivated they will be to continue playing. No one wants to start playing a game that is dead.

Diomedes [151]
2021-01-02 02:40:10
[3 years, 124 days ago]

Thank you Myriad. I couldn't said it better

Ecoueses [386]
2021-01-02 02:41:25
[3 years, 124 days ago]

No to reset for sure. Opening a new server would make sense if there was enough players and right now, there isnt. Launching a marketing campaign might be one of the options , like new server opening in a month or so, come join, get a free star etc.

Diomedes [151]
2021-01-02 02:42:29
[3 years, 124 days ago]

I'm 100 % sure there would be more online players in the new server.

Ecoueses [386]
2021-01-02 02:49:12
[3 years, 124 days ago]

yes, at the beginning, everyone from here would probably try it out. Point is to keep them playing, which many would not. Therefore, reaching new players who dont even know about the game yet would be crucial.

Diomedes [151]
2021-01-02 02:50:38
[3 years, 124 days ago]

How nostalgic would be to see everyone racing by training only :)

Esvrainzas [300]
2021-01-02 10:40:17
[3 years, 123 days ago]

After reading this thread, I agree with not resetting this server because there's almost 10 years of history where many people put a lot of time in this game and that would be deleting their efforts in a simple "click". That would feel like a punch in the stomach.

However, I also agree with the point that a new player would be discouraged to start playing this game investing his time when he is 10 years behind old players.

If the goal is to catch new players and make them stay in the game through a marketing campaign, I think it should be accompanied by the launch of a new server. It would be a great feature in order to celebrate for example bots4 10th anniversary. I don't think it would be too hard to Ender to do it. Having a new server would make old and even retired players to play again and make new players stick more easily to the game.

Everyone likes a new start and I think a new server is a really good idea. Maybe a 3rd server could be opened in 2031 refreshing the game again!!!

Ender [1]
Administrator
2021-01-06 02:44:14
[3 years, 120 days ago]

I'm generally against the idea of a second "server" (and have said so over the years), but this has been an interesting discussion.

To be clear, I have no interest in resetting the current server. Your bots are safe. I wouldn't remove from bots4 what was the main draw for me in bots2. That said, I do hear the point that to a new player logging in and reaching level 30 after a few hours (I can confirm this is roughly as high as they typically get - I periodically review all the bots that get created from my $5/day Google Ads campaign), it's probably pretty easy to be discouraged from playing further. And even if you do for some reason spend the considerable amount of time needed to establish yourself, it's probably not going to be enough (then again, people used to say this clan would never be defeated).

Anyway, I hear the need for something to keep things fresh. I think it would be fun even for established players. I'd have to think about how to maintain the balance to appeal to both crowds, but maybe I could treat the existing server as a "longevity/legacy" server that never gets reset, and introduce a new "fresh" server that stays relatively competitive by periodically being reset (annually?). But instead of just wiping everything, bots and clans would move over into the "longevity/legacy" server. Anyway, just an idea to think about for now.

Boondox [384]
2021-01-06 08:31:15
[3 years, 120 days ago]

im definitely NOT against that ender, i like the idea and if people get bored of the new server atleast they still lose nothing and can continue with it in the already existing server :)

Gpof2 [131]
2021-01-06 12:36:06
[3 years, 119 days ago]

You've just described the ladder and non ladder system from Diablo (among other things), Ed :P

Diomedes [151]
2021-01-06 15:06:22
[3 years, 119 days ago]

Thanks Ed, hopefully can both sides be happy and I agree that resetting the server it's a bad idea, so many players spend years what they achieved let's keep this legacy. I'm still waiting to see El Hefe at 500lvl :)

El Hefe [417]
2021-01-06 15:09:13
[3 years, 119 days ago]

feel free to donate me a large chunk of the tps i need for that ^^

Diomedes [151]
2021-01-06 15:24:45
[3 years, 119 days ago]

Sounds like a bots suggestion transfer points from one bot to another :P

El Hefe [417]
2021-01-06 15:26:09
[3 years, 119 days ago]

ill settle for paypal as well

Esvrainzas [300]
2021-01-06 18:28:36
[3 years, 119 days ago]

I'm pleased to hear you are open to the idea of launching a second server Ender. I think July it's bots4 10th anniversary right? Please give us some surprise to celebrate it!!!

Fishwick [135]
2021-01-06 19:00:15
[3 years, 119 days ago]

I've been playing Old School Runescapes "Leagues" recently, where its a temporary game mode and you get some insane buffs to get you to essentially rush through the game for 2 months and then its wiped (with some rewards/high scores etc for the maingame). Stuff like increased attack speed, heal-on-hit, 16x exp, etc.

Lots of options in bots to do something similar like permanent, stronger buffs, 1 day orders for everyone, etc or even something more drastic like changing some of the numbers behind how stats work to create a different meta. Reward people who can figure out and test different builds, rather than making the cookie cutter answerer/blasters/etc

listan2 [100]
2021-01-07 16:10:15
[3 years, 118 days ago]

instead of a ladder reset or new server what about adding in new training bots or reworking some of them? not sure how much work would go into that. could always categorize them into tiers and just modify them that way too or just make a tiered list. i like the game as is but just throwing this out there. good luck everyone

Forum > Questions > Bots 4 reset
Reply To Thread (login)