announcements

Ender [1]
Administrator
2020-08-17 20:46:40
[3 years, 251 days ago]

Some of you have already noticed these, but I made a handful of small improvements to various parts of the game a little over a month ago. I'd originally been planning to bundle these improvements into a set of even more improvements, after which I'd finally make an announcement post listing them all, but life gets in the way sometimes and so I haven't made progress on the others yet. So stay tuned for a "quality of life v2" announcement at some point in the future, but for now, here's (I think) everything that was changed:

• Equipment images now appear in the showroom - If you've played Diablo II at any point, you surely recognize that bots4 (via bots2) gets many of its equipment names from Diablo II, especially on the lower end. And if you played bots2, you may remember that it used actual Diablo II in-game images for items. I've now done the same for bots4, adding images to items taken from Diablo II. It was very nostalgic to see them all (both for Diablo II and bots2 reasons), so I hope you enjoy! Thanks to El Hefe for the suggestion.

• Members list of clan profiles are now sortable - This one has been requested for a long time. The members list can now be sorted by any field (level, rank, wins, ratio, etc.). Thanks to MikeiiiBoy for the suggestion.

• Star manager now shows a preview of the destination bot's name - When you start typing ids to move your stars to, the corresponding name of the destination bot based on the current id will now appear in the table in real-time. This should help make it harder to accidentally move stars to the wrong bot and get locked out for 5 days. Thanks to Dragon Summoner for the suggestion.

• Item slot name is now more prominent in showroom - This isn't too big of a deal if you're very familiar with the game's items, but in case you ever forget or don't know, item slot names (body, helmet, etc.) are now listed in both the stash list as well as the item popup itself. Thanks to Zord for the suggestion.

• Star images/logos now show exact star count on mouseover - Bots with 1-7 stars have distinct logos, but 8+ stars have been ambiguous until this change. You can now mouseover the image/logo to see exactly how many stars are on a bot. Higher numbers of stars may result in a slightly more exciting mouseover!!!

• Northern Cyprus can now be selected as a country - Thanks to El Hefe for the suggestion.

That should be everything! Let me know if you've spotted anything else that I'm forgetting - I can update the list as needed.

El Hefe [410]
2020-08-18 12:34:07
[3 years, 251 days ago]

and people say i never have any good suggestions!

i can even remember posting at least half of those suggestions!

ty Enderiño

Zach01 [131]
2020-08-19 09:27:30
[3 years, 250 days ago]

Most useful update ever Hefe, I can pretend to be a Cypriot and wont go into battle with heraldic feet on my head!

Zach01 [131]
2020-09-01 15:19:36
[3 years, 236 days ago]

OK, maybe I was wrong? LOL

Ender [1]
Administrator
2020-09-15 01:41:21
[3 years, 223 days ago]

Sorry for trolling you, I couldn't resist. I was waiting for you to acknowledge it before reverting. :D

$ svn diff www/js/showroom.js
(snip)
+        if (BOTS4.botId == 71072 && item.image_type == 'helmet') {
+          table += '<td colspan="3"><s>' + item.name + '</s> Heraldic Feet</td>';
+        } else {
+          table += '<td colspan="3">' + item.name + '</td>';
+        }
(snip)

Zach01 [131]
2020-09-15 11:18:09
[3 years, 223 days ago]

It's all good, I realised pretty quick and it was funny.

Shame you didn't give me me the +14 con bonus of heraldic feet though :)