bugs

Forum > Bugs > Mail bug?
Reply To Thread (login)
Train Again [234]
2013-12-18 08:55:44
[10 years, 138 days ago]

"Whoops, you're sending too much mail. You can send again in 11 seconds."

All i sent was two messages then disappeared for a few minutes to respond to another message that i just got and it told me that even though i have only sent two messages and not a fast speeds either. leader also told me on irc its telling him the same thing.

The Apex Predator [100]
2013-12-18 08:57:19
[10 years, 138 days ago]

mine is doing it with every message I send

Myriad [348]
2013-12-18 09:56:32
[10 years, 138 days ago]

Leader isn't the best person to be verifying this as a bug, lol.

But seriously, I've got this message a few times in the past on sending the first mail from my bot after logging on. I think I've mailed Ender about it in the past but nothing was found.

Ville [131]
2013-12-18 10:03:23
[10 years, 138 days ago]

Looks like you guys are sending to much mail.

Leader2 [69]
2013-12-18 10:06:41
[10 years, 138 days ago]

^_^ i hadn't sent a mail in a few mins maybe and the message came up i let it go right down then on receiving a mail it went back up so i do suspect something :P

Ender [1]
Administrator
2013-12-19 23:51:54
[10 years, 136 days ago]

It's hard to piece together exactly what happened, but my instinct tells me that this is working as intended. This code hasn't been touched in ages and this is the only report I can remember about quota problems. I will say it's odd that it was reported at the same time by a few different people though.

Can the people that were affected clarify whether this has continued to affect them or whether they were able to send once the time mentioned had passed? It would also be useful to know the exact message (the important part is how long until you can send again) and exact server time (from the top left corner of the screen).

Also note that quotas are measured per-ip, not per-bot, so if you're sending bmails from multiple bots, you can hit the quota more easily. The current limit is 3 per 60 seconds (i.e. the 4th one will get blocked).

Also, a friendly reminder that off-topic posts don't belong in this sub-forum. I cleaned up this thread a little.

Forum > Bugs > Mail bug?
Reply To Thread (login)