Slifer Sky Dragon [263]
2015-11-26 08:00:30
[8 years, 147 days ago]

I had this last night whilst on two bots

Ender [1]
Administrator
2015-11-29 15:47:57
[8 years, 143 days ago]

First, a quick overview of how the captcha system works in general. When you solve one, the game whitelists (a) the IP address of the bot that solved the captcha and (b) the id of the bot that solved the captcha. This means that if your IP address changes AND you're on a different bot, you can see a second captcha before you were meant to.

As for your specific situation, I checked the logs. Your IP address had been "A" for a long time up until 7:14 (25 minutes before you made this post). At that point it switched to "B" until 7:17 or so, though it flip-flopped a few times. After that it was back to "A". This was surely the cause of you seeing the 7:12 captcha on bot 1 and then the 7:14 captcha on bot 2.

What is less clear is why your IP address briefly/temporarily flip-flopped. This is something that the game and I ultimately have no control over (it's controlled on your end), but one theory is that you were playing on wifi, then the wifi got bad or dropped altogether, making your phone temporarily fall back to mobile broadband (and thus a different IP), and then a few minutes later your wifi got better. That's just a guess though - you might not even be playing on a device like that. Whatever the case is though, it's something on your end that caused your IP address to change like that.

Execute [224]
2016-08-03 03:11:38
[7 years, 261 days ago]

Ive had inconsistency with captcha on multiple bots lately when running 3+ itll pop on all 3 but if i solve it in the normal chrome browser window itll close all 3 automatically if i solve it in the ie or incognito window it only closes that one. Is this intended or am I crazy

Ender [1]
Administrator
2016-08-04 19:52:40
[7 years, 259 days ago]

That's not intended. It could only be explained if your IP addresses across the 3 browsers are somehow inconsistent. If you give me a rough time range where you had this problem and the ids of the bots involved, I can check the logs.

Ender [1]
Administrator
2016-08-05 19:45:52
[7 years, 258 days ago]

(Execute replied via bmail, copying the relevant portion here to continue discussion on public bug thread.)

Solved it on one and it cleared it for both. Does the same thing with any number of bots.

Can you clarify what you mean, particularly about "cleared it for both"? Based on your wording, it sounds like you're saying the captcha appeared on both bots, you solved it on one, and then did not have to solve it on the other. This is exactly how it's supposed to work, but I think you understand that, so maybe there's a miscommunication.

One other thing to note is that I checked the logs for the 2 bot ids you provided. The IP does not change in the time window specified, so everything should have worked as intended. I also confirmed you only submitted a single captcha response during this time window, which also suggests nothing unintended happened.

Execute [242]
2016-08-05 22:56:09
[7 years, 258 days ago]

alright cool thought i was crazy. for the multi word capchas are you suppose be able to solve them with 1 word or even partial of a 1 word? have figured out how to do that :P

Ender [1]
Administrator
2016-08-06 17:00:18
[7 years, 257 days ago]

That's "intended". I outsource captcha implementation to Google's reCAPTCHA. If you search something like "google captcha only one word" you'll find some interesting references about why it works this way. Here's one from SO:

http://stackoverflow.com/q/3309864/192236

Forum > Bugs > Captcha
Reply To Thread (login)