bugs

Forum > Bugs > H1 Title interface bug?
Reply To Thread (login)
Hotcocoa [33]
2011-04-01 10:05:04
[13 years, 37 days ago]

Using Chrome, not sure if my net is slow or there's a slight overload of data on the page or technicality...

I noticed that whenever you click on a new page, the title loads on the left, then a second later blinks to the right before easing back to the original left position. It's making me dizzy lol. But it's never happened to me on the post office, forum and chat title.

Can you make the easing function javascript load before the title is so we only see the easing bit, not the previous position? Or is this deliberatly done?

Emanuel [103]
2011-04-01 10:51:45
[13 years, 37 days ago]

This has never happened to me, it's easily fixed though.

Hide the title using visibility:hidden, then change it to visibility:visible once the animation starts.

Ihatedex [124]
2011-04-01 11:59:11
[13 years, 37 days ago]

It's happened to me a few times. How many tabs did you have open? I had heaps open lol. I'm using FF4 now without a problem :D.

Ender [43]
Administrator
2011-04-01 12:05:03
[13 years, 37 days ago]

Hm, the idea is that the animation starts before it's even loaded, but apparently that's not happening.

And the problem with starting it out as hidden is that it then no longer follows the principles of "unobstrusive JavaScript" in that someone with JavaScript disabled won't see the title at all (since JS never gets run to make it visible). I guess JS is pretty much a requirement of this game though, unless you're just logging on to read the forum or something, so maybe that's not so bad.

Another option is a workshop setting to disable the fly-in since I know there are some people that don't like it.

Anyway, I'll look into this.

Forum > Bugs > H1 Title interface bug?
Reply To Thread (login)