suggestions

Forum > Suggestions > Tournament idea
Reply To Thread (login)
Satanus Inaximasus [308]
2015-03-07 12:57:29
[9 years, 71 days ago]

you have to change your gear before the tournament starts which i know many did forget about or couldnt get on to change them

so how about setting it up so we have to change items before we sign up and the items we sign up with are the items we use for the tourney?

ActiveX [271]
Head Moderator
2015-03-07 13:00:57
[9 years, 71 days ago]

I'm more likely to forget to switch armours before signing up than I am before tourney start.

Plus what if you then sell or maybe break the armour you signed up in or no longer have the stars available to support a switch.

Thumbs down here.

Ender [1]
Administrator
2015-03-11 01:58:55
[9 years, 67 days ago]

I could have seen myself setting things up this way where you're prompted on registration to confirm your current bot configuration. It would be a mostly straightforward change to have the code take a snapshot of your bot during registration instead of when the tournament starts.

That being said, while it would be a mostly straightforward change, it would be a change nonetheless that needs implementation, testing and so on. Since things are already setup a certain way, I'd rather not go back and change it at this point unless there's a strong reason, and it's not clear to me that there is.

I also kind of like the idea of a collective game-wide event that people have to collectively prepare for at the same time (e.g. "hey, what's up?" => "not much, just getting ready for the tournament"). I think there should be more of these sorts of shared activities.

I also have some features in mind such as "auto-registration as a perk for having stars" which wouldn't be compatible with this.

Forum > Suggestions > Tournament idea
Reply To Thread (login)