suggestions

Forum > Suggestions > Clan merges - revisited
Reply To Thread (login)
Lewk [43]
2015-03-23 07:16:37
[9 years, 54 days ago]

I have been doing some reading of past threads and it seems that clan merges is a suggestion/question that has been brought up before.
The general consensus was that it was ignored due to the fact that (apparently the clan size limit was 20) and that merges werent really needed.
Maybe im wrong but it seems the limit is higher now, and worth revisiting merges?
Tell me to shut up and move on if this has been discussed already.
- Cleric

Off Tap [68]
2015-03-23 07:22:27
[9 years, 54 days ago]

+1 to merges

Leader2 [85]
2015-03-23 07:25:03
[9 years, 54 days ago]

I see where you're coming from you get a +1 from me

Nosferatu [278]
2015-03-23 10:03:17
[9 years, 54 days ago]

The member limit is higher than what it used to be, but the active limit is not. You can have more than 20 bots in your clan, and they can all collect energy now(they used to not), but the top 20 players in your clan are still the only members that count towards your overall clan's clan score.

Cleric [92]
2015-03-23 10:45:06
[9 years, 54 days ago]

Competition to be relevant within your own clan sounds healthy. Clans would be much stronger.

ActiveX [272]
Head Moderator
2015-03-23 10:45:59
[9 years, 54 days ago]

Sorry Luke, but I do not feel that we have the player base to support this.

/thumbs down

Nosferatu [278]
2015-03-23 10:47:49
[9 years, 54 days ago]

No, the bigger, most successful clans would only get stronger. There needs to be a cut off, and a purpose for other players to migrate towards more clans. Not filling 2 or 3 clans up, and having the members in those clans duke it out.

Off Tap [68]
2015-03-23 10:49:34
[9 years, 54 days ago]

Don't necessarily need the player base, could be to merge dumper clans, smaller clans that come in the top 30 but together they could be in the top 10. Could actually be a way to have more clan battles in the future. Should always prepare for more players not wait till there is more then update, just slows things down and possibly turns people away.

Nosferatu [278]
2015-03-23 11:00:52
[9 years, 54 days ago]

You build a game around it's current player base, and upgrade as it gets bigger. You don't throw 5 people in a huge ass map(any fps game) designed for 20 vs 20 battle.

Things like this can easily be implemented when the case arises for it, but as it stands now, that time would be wasted when he could be focusing on things relevant for our current small community, such as designing ways to build it up so this becomes necessary.

Off Tap [68]
2015-03-23 11:05:47
[9 years, 54 days ago]

Things like this can easily be implemented when the case arises for it, but as it stands now, that time would be wasted when he could be focusing on things relevant for our current small community, such as designing ways to build it up so this becomes necessary.</blockquote

Off Tap [68]
2015-03-23 11:06:33
[9 years, 54 days ago]

Hm, bug ^ I had written a massive thing

Jans [90]
2015-03-23 11:28:22
[9 years, 54 days ago]

I'm not necessarily against merges, but i think it adds very little to the overall quality of the game. I'd rather see Ender spend his time on other stuff.

Off Tap [68]
2015-03-23 11:35:22
[9 years, 54 days ago]

Such as bringing in private clan forums for clan leaders :P

Lewk [62]
2015-03-23 12:15:23
[9 years, 54 days ago]

Just seems like there is already such massive advantage to established clans with the biggest clans all having dumper clans etc.
It would be cool if the smaller clans could merge with another smaller clan to make a run at the top.
As it stands the only option is the disband your clan and join one of the bigger clans, which is what you were against in the first place Nos.
And yes Jans, there are many other things that would take priority over this, but i think it would be good to have eventually?

Nosferatu [278]
2015-03-23 12:34:41
[9 years, 54 days ago]

As it stands the only option is the disband your clan and join one of the bigger clans, which is what you were against in the first place Nos.

How is you disbanding your clans and creating a "bigger" one with all those other small clans not an option? Or stop making new ones and join a smaller one right off the start not being an option?

I'm confused as how making a new clan (most likely because you dislike the current clan names), getting a couple of people to join, make it to Top 5, then quitting because you can't win, then joining one of the Top 3 clans is the ONLY option.

Lewk [63]
2015-03-23 12:53:33
[9 years, 54 days ago]

Exactly what is your issue with allowing smaller clans to merge in order to become more competitive?
I never said it was the only option either.

Ill walk you through my process shall I?

I just joined the game, applied for a couple of the bigger clans, didnt get accepted so 24 hours later decided to make my own clan.
I now realise that no matter how much energy farming I do its going to be impossible to beat the top 5 clans who likely have 40 dumper clans just feeding them.
Now my options are, like you mentioned, to travel back in time and join a smaller clan from the beginning.
Travel back in time and keep trying to join a top 5 clan.
Or disband and lose my energy and join someone else.
Considering energy is ranked in the HoF i don't think there would be many people willing to just toss away their energy and switch clans.

So, while yes, it would be easier if every new player joined the clan they wanted to be in their entire bots4 life from the start. It isn't likely.

Jans [90]
2015-03-23 13:04:49
[9 years, 54 days ago]

I just joined the game, applied for a couple of the bigger clans, didnt get accepted

Any of the major clans will accept new applicants in a heartbeat.

That's a big difference with Bots2, where newbies weren't overly welcome in established clans, because their low levels and shitty ratio's would affect the clan's index.

But that doesn't mean it wouldn't be nice to be able to join forces. Maybe not necessarily a merger, but it might be cool if clans could form alliances. Something that would actually add to the gameplay, instead of just a merge of 2 clans into 1.

Nosferatu [278]
2015-03-23 13:12:36
[9 years, 54 days ago]

Exactly what is your issue with allowing smaller clans to merge in order to become more competitive?

I don't have one.

Your words, not mine.

Ok.

I just joined the game, applied for a couple of the bigger clans, didnt get accepted so 24 hours later decided to make my own clan.

This is where my early post should have been read, not just skimmed. Like I said. Rather than applying to the smaller clans as well, you went straight to the top, got denied, then created your own clan.

I now realise that no matter how much energy farming I do its going to be impossible to beat the top 5 clans who likely have 40 dumper clans just feeding them.

This is not the case, and wouldn't be the case, if all of you guys who did your "process" banded together, rather than all of you creating your own little clans.

Now my options are, like you mentioned, to travel back in time and join a smaller clan from the beginning.

Now you're just being juvenile.

Further absurdity. But Top 5 is a little ambitious for an unproven person. Perhaps go further down the list, and look at Top 25 or even Top 50.

It's not like you couldn't regain your energy. Players do it all the time. Some with 5-7 million.

Considering energy is ranked in the HoF i don't think there would be many people willing to just toss away their energy and switch clans.

Again, lots of players do this. A few Top names, such as ones in the current top clans, left their respective clans with massive energy to create/join others.

So, while yes, it would be easier if every new player joined the clan they wanted to be in their entire bots4 life from the start. It isn't likely.

No it's not. But just like every other game, you might have to prove yourself in a smaller clan to gain the attention of bigger clans. And when that occurs, you might just feel loyal and rather than leaving your smaller clan, you stay and grow it.

Lewk [64]
2015-03-23 13:22:04
[9 years, 54 days ago]

I can see I'm not getting my point across to you and continuing to talk in circles won't help. To each their own. Just a suggestion after all.

Nosferatu [278]
2015-03-23 13:36:10
[9 years, 54 days ago]

I can see your point just fine, I'm just creating valid arguments against your reasoning, where as you aren't countering it with anything other the same thing, over and over. To each his own, indeed.

Fishwick [134]
2015-03-23 14:04:09
[9 years, 54 days ago]

I think an important point, regardless of which side of the fence you sit, is that we have relatively little development resources and merges are just a nice to have, not worth taking time over more important functionality

Leader2 [85]
2015-03-23 16:38:45
[9 years, 54 days ago]

I mailed you the other day seeing if you wanted to join alliance, We accept pretty much anyone I think you mustn't have applie to us I wpuld I have accepted otherwise

Generation X [113]
2015-03-23 17:19:54
[9 years, 54 days ago]

I'm not going to argue with any of you but as I'm the one who had the original merge idea in bots2, I'll try my best to tell you what me and floR went through to make merges to begin with.

Merges were an idea where 2 clans could combine their overall clan score, diplomatic targets (and bigger whore clans), and highest clan scorers together to make a "super clan" without the need to get rid of all their clan score. The top 10 used to be more highly contested than it is now, and clans could have 100 members. When both clans merged, a certain ratio of each clan's clan score was to be kept between the members that survived the merge (you normally had to kick out people). There was also no "idle" clan score of any type. You had to get it all yourself or you had none. So clan score was far harder to regain than energy is now. It was also more useful as it affected jans index of the clan I believe.

Now merges wouldn't have much of a place in bots4. Clans have unlimited number of spots available, the only thing you need is a person who trains a lot to upkeep them. To be in the top 20 is the same as being in the "top 100" of bots2 if not just for the reason that 1 bot can earn 10 times the clan score they used to. 20 active bots would equal 200 active bots in bots4, but there used to be more availability to targets. If anything, merges in bots4 would just be a neat way of keeping some energy you already gained in another clan. What I'd like more is perhaps a lowering of treasury costs so that clans could expand more. Why? I'd rather have say, one large whore clan of 60+ whores that's properly maintained by 1+ people than a billion with 20 or less that fall into disrepair and are gone forever. Look at Ville's whores (who used to be mine). Now he's gone and those clans will probably fall into disrepair and the bots will be gone forever to the void.

Would anyone be in favour of an unlimited treasury? Or one that lasts 365+ days? It would make more use of the int bots who upkeep those treasuries. It would also make whore clans/dumper clans last longer and generally keep the flow of energy a bit more stable than it currently is.

-Zal

Nosferatu [278]
2015-03-23 18:15:12
[9 years, 54 days ago]

Look at Ville's whores (who used to be mine).

He was banned/reset/locked for cheating. Were your old bots reset/locked as well?

Generation X [115]
2015-03-23 18:29:44
[9 years, 54 days ago]

No, they are still alive, but I did give them to Rith before he sold them to Ville, so they aren't technically mine anymore anyway. It's just weird to see them still alive. I made the MassProduce bots in Evolution I and they are still around. I would have to look at old posts to find them all but there's Kudowoodo bots (not currently in a clan), ProperEnglish bots (also not in a clan), and tons more that I gave Rith that he sold to Ville. My point is that there are bots formerly owned by me, given to a fairly inactive person now, then sold to someone who is now banned. They just exist in a void and I'm sure Ender doesn't want to reset them all.

I just think that abandoning bots is a common occurrence and perhaps adding more in the way of clan functions like bigger treasuries or merging as is suggested here would be helpful. Mind you I'm not in the business of suggesting anything anymore as Ender doesn't like my ideas.

-Zal

Lewk [72]
2015-03-24 11:15:00
[9 years, 53 days ago]

I don't have one.

Your words, not mine.

The other options being the "absurd" ones I stated below, I know sarcasm is pretty hard to read over text. I really do think it is the only viable option if you want to compete in the clan race though.

Ok.

This is where my early post should have been read, not just skimmed. Like I said. Rather than applying to the smaller clans as well, you went straight to the top, got denied, then created your own clan.

This is not the case, and wouldn't be the case, if all of you guys who did your "process" banded together, rather than all of you creating your own little clans.

So you just assume that every new player knows exactly which other small clans would be good to join?

Now you're just being juvenile.

Just emphasizing my point regarding my limited options

Further absurdity. But Top 5 is a little ambitious for an unproven person. Perhaps go further down the list, and look at Top 25 or even Top 50.

Again making a point, and not really ambitious... we got to 11th.. maybe higher while starting mid month. top 10 is easy, top 5 is not, which is why if two top 10 clans could merge then the possibility of breaking top 5 is achievable

It's not like you couldn't regain your energy. Players do it all the time. Some with 5-7 million.

I am sure people have done it, but I am also sure they werent thrilled by it, if they had an option of keeping their energy im sure they would have taken it.

Again, lots of players do this. A few Top names, such as ones in the current top clans, left their respective clans with massive energy to create/join others.

Repeating yourself, but yes again I know its been done, but my whole suggestion is asking to give people an option to keep their energy. I was never saying the game would collapse, I was just suggesting that this idea should be looked into again.

No it's not. But just like every other game, you might have to prove yourself in a smaller clan to gain the attention of bigger clans. And when that occurs, you might just feel loyal and rather than leaving your smaller clan, you stay and grow it.

assuming your goal is to get the attention of a bigger clan then thats great. Assuming you want to try topple the bigger clans than merging would be helpful.

Seeking [58]
2015-03-24 13:40:39
[9 years, 53 days ago]

+1

Nosferatu [278]
2015-03-24 15:37:04
[9 years, 53 days ago]

assuming your goal is to get the attention of a bigger clan then thats great. Assuming you want to try topple the bigger clans than merging would be helpful.

Except you open the option to allow the bigger clans to merge as well. Because when people reach the top, they don't want to lose it. Both Escapism and Eternal have lost big players, who have either quit and sold out or just quit playing and have idled since leaving. And if the option came up where a new clan was beating us, you now give the 2 largest clans in this game, with the most resources in this game, the ability to join forces.

Jans [90]
2015-03-24 16:50:06
[9 years, 53 days ago]

This gets quite a few responses, for such an uninteresting feature.

Benny [44]
2015-03-24 17:21:04
[9 years, 53 days ago]

Yeah.

Merges in a game with this kind of player base is a waste of Enders time imo. Even if we get more people playing (fingers crossed) its not that hard to make another bit.

starts flinging poo

awaits angry response

Cleric [92]
2015-03-24 20:31:17
[9 years, 53 days ago]

What disinterests you might interest others jans, and vice versa.

Gpof2 [130]
2015-03-24 21:02:31
[9 years, 53 days ago]

Most people responding are interested in the conversation revolving in here, not the feature in question. That's what I'm seeing anyway.

Forum > Suggestions > Clan merges - revisited
Reply To Thread (login)