suggestions

Forum > Suggestions > Auto-assign stat points
Reply To Thread (login)
BreakFree1 [14]
2015-04-27 18:02:36
[9 years, 9 days ago]

Other large online games sometimes have an option where when you press the "auto-assign stats" button the game will help you figure out the best build based on the type of character you have. Maplestory does this to fairly good effect and it helps out newer players who really don't know what to do. On bots4 maybe we could have it so that it goes by certain basic builds like 3 to str 1 to con for a pure str build or a 2 to str 1 to dex 1 to con build etc. I know it'd be complicated and people could still use the manual way of doing it if they wanted, and it doesn't really affect the idea of cheating etc. because they still need to buy the items and fight other bots.

Fishwick [134]
2015-04-27 19:04:12
[9 years, 9 days ago]

The game has very little to it besides picking your build and clicking fight again, don't really see a benefit to this.

BreakFree1 [56]
2015-04-27 19:10:08
[9 years, 9 days ago]

And I could state that all there is to Maplestory is picking your build, getting items for the build, then fighting monsters and leveling up, except with boss fights.

There's not a lot to most games :/ I could state the GTA V is nothing more than a murdering simulator that has no real purpose whatsoever, and yet it still sells by the millions.

Gpof2 [130]
2015-04-28 12:26:57
[9 years, 8 days ago]

What kind of comparisons are those lmao. Those games are much more dimensional in terms of what you can do. They have both graphics and controls, those basic things alone make any comparison to bots moot.

If the main purpose of this would be to help new players, I don't think it would really achieve that. A new player that doesn't even know what stats to put in, isn't going to know armor sets or anything either. It's difficult to feed just one bit of information to a new player since all of it has to come together to work.

Auto-assign certainly wouldn't hurt, but I just don't think it would achieve its purpose.

Satanus Inaximasus [313]
2015-04-28 12:38:25
[9 years, 8 days ago]

i wonder what your build would turn out to be if you never did it yourself

Silva [221]
2015-04-28 12:48:12
[9 years, 8 days ago]

I like the sound of that ^^^

Luth [210]
2015-04-28 19:32:42
[9 years, 8 days ago]

The point of this game is to investigate and research build types. If the weapons and armores were secret then I could see how this could apply, but because all weapons and armores are listed and available to viewing makes this festure impractical. Thanks for.shareing though, new ideas are always welcome.

Forum > Suggestions > Auto-assign stat points
Reply To Thread (login)