suggestions

Forum > Suggestions > Referal system
Reply To Thread (login)
Zord [61]
2016-01-08 14:14:43
[8 years, 113 days ago]

Have you thought about implementing a referal system to boost the player base?

Bonuses could be trophies and points or stars..

Don't know how to prevent abusal though...

Yami Yugi [27]
2016-01-08 15:38:31
[8 years, 113 days ago]

Good idea but no real way to prevent abuse

Satanus Inaximasus [329]
2016-01-08 18:15:54
[8 years, 112 days ago]

there are ways to stop the abuse you only get trophy points when a certain level / when they buy star using a paypal account thats never been used before

also i think most of us have already tried to boost the player base and get friends to join the game but the problem is they dont stay long enough cause the game aint there liking they prefer games with graphics (tbh i do also i only play this cause you can do other stuff at the same time and because its habit lol)

Scabara [55]
2016-01-08 18:17:49
[8 years, 112 days ago]

Sort of agree with SJ (!)

Referral systems are great, and it'd be nice to see one in bots, but the game can't really keep new players and that should be tackled first. Lots of games have successful referral systems and some are used often (like WoW, where you get 300% exp if you're playing with a friend until X level)

Ender [1]
Administrator
2016-01-11 00:33:36
[8 years, 110 days ago]

I'm pretty sure I've talked about this at some point, though oddly a forum search of "referral" doesn't turn up anything interesting.

I do intend to eventually add a referral system. There will be some that game the system, but with some basic safeguards and as long as the rewards fall into the "desirable but not game-breaking" range, I think a referral system that gets new players into the game at the cost of some small amount of abuse is better than not getting those new players at all.

But yeah, I also agree that the game needs to be more welcoming and attractive to new players in the first place. That's kind of the top game priority right now.

Zord [61]
2016-01-11 03:15:42
[8 years, 110 days ago]

Great... Nice to hear all the thoughts :-)

Forum > Suggestions > Referal system
Reply To Thread (login)