suggestions

diablek [190]
2016-02-15 07:34:03
[8 years, 75 days ago]

I think its somehow unfair that gold trophy is awarded both for 11th till 100th ranking in monthy energy cause if you see closely, same trophy is awarded to bot that actually played this month as to bot that didnt do shit.

Don't have exact suggestion for this matter, but posted on suggestions anyway. Feel free to move it if it doesnt fit here. I was thinking like "half platinum" for ranks 11-20 would be cool. Meaning, if you end up for 2 consecutive months at places 11-20th, at the end of that 1st month you would get half of platinum (no trophy awarded, just x0.5 platinum). Then if at the end of 2nd month again you end up on places 11th-20th, you would get other half needed to get full trophy and platinum + points would be awarded. If you dont end up on those places for 2 consecutive months (1st month u did, 2nd month no), platinum trophy would reset.

There could be implemented some timelock on those trophies to prevent farm of it. Like you can get one of those each 4 months or something like that, i have no idea. Just wanted to point out that its unfair to award same trophy for places 11-100th. Other suggestions, if you feel the same, are welcomed. Cheers

Ender [1]
Administrator
2016-02-15 22:09:08
[8 years, 74 days ago]

Fair point, but instead of trying to fix this specific problem with more one-off and confusing game rules, I'd prefer to spend time trying to breathe some new life into the game so that getting into top 100 for a month requires effort.

Zord [61]
2016-02-16 20:42:31
[8 years, 73 days ago]

That is a lot of life we need for that to make sense...

At the moment you need to do 10 attacks (or something like that) to get the gold trophy..

Ender [1]
Administrator
2016-02-16 23:21:55
[8 years, 73 days ago]

More life than there currently is, but not an unobtainable amount IMO. Looking at the bots2 June 2007 clan results (I picked a random month), top 100 CS required ~14k for green and ~5k for blue. At 2 CS per war win, that's a lot of attacks/activity. I still have faith that bots4 will one day eclipse bots2. :)

Judge Zal [1]
2016-02-18 16:45:23
[8 years, 72 days ago]
I still have faith that bots4 will one day eclipse bots2. :)

It would if you made more than 2 useless updates (oh I'm sure Escapism/a few others thanks you for the tournament and the new high end items) to the game per year and fix some of the more glaring problems like onlining, 0 attack weapons, overload of useless weapons/armors, and really just a generally mean and abusive community to new and old players alike. I could name more but apparently I'm a "troll" in this community now so I'll leave it at that.

Mind you bots2 had all these problems but for some reason people enjoyed that game a lot more. It doesn't matter now because this game is just a damn relic of the past. Hell, Alan remade bots2 (under other names) twice and yet nobody cared.

As for the gold trophy revamp thing, it is a good idea. Maybe we should only have a top 10 hall of fame with 1 plat and 9 golds. No other trophies. It might actually save up a few bytes of ram probably having 10 slots instead of 100 of which nobody cares about 90 of the 100.

Ender [1]
Administrator
2016-02-18 23:50:55
[8 years, 71 days ago]

Agreed that more updates/activity on my part is a crucial (currently) missing piece to the game's success.