suggestions

Wolfjob [142]
2016-03-14 14:02:45
[8 years, 47 days ago]

In another thought-provoking thread, I ask you all what it would be like if the game if the game did a 180 and we got rid of clans and clan energy. So let me get on with my process:

As it stands, there are only two-ten clans that try at all to get this resource. Most of those people don't even bother for 1st since they know those with stars/dumpers/freaked bots will beat them anyway. We could replace this resource with separate clan races per month for say, wins, losses, and levels/xp gained. This way people have an equal chance (except in the case of levels/xp because ratio whores but we could make it so it only counts training xp). Some ideas on why this wouldn't work: people would just attack the people with most wins per month but mind you people could do that right now with the top scorers if they wanted to anyway. The best part is new players would not have to make a bunch of dumpers or whores to compete. Therefore it may attract newer players and keep them longer.

Most annoying part: Less "end-game" stuff to do I guess but overall more stuff to do on a daily basis. People could keep their old energy scores in an old "Hall of Fame" so that they don't lose it. But it would become useless. Also, if it doesn't work out well we could re institute it.

Fishwick [134]
2016-03-14 19:00:30
[8 years, 47 days ago]

Energy is good because its available to all reasonably fairly (besides dumpers, but they take more effort than people think to maintain). Regardless of how you try to change the system, the top clans will find the best/efficient ways and do it optimally, beating the new clans every time. Energy is actually pretty fair in this respect, as its available to everyone (look at this month).

I think resetting the system somehow would actually lose players. Yeah, sure, it'd then be fair (for a while, at least), but a lot of players now just log on to take part occasionally and probably wouldn't play the game at all if things got "reset".

Darkblaze Dragon [100]
2016-03-14 19:09:00
[8 years, 47 days ago]

Well maybe it'll be a good idea in 10 years when this game is dead and somebody makes bots5/6 then ;) Haha, like that will happen. The revival of this game in 10 years time that is.

Tabernacle [60]
2016-03-14 21:26:26
[8 years, 47 days ago]

How about if we add something to the game? Like putting some stacks or something (units) and if we beat another bot, we could gain a lot more energy or break something on his eq's or stacks.Like when we played archmage or archspace. We can also add boosters or something like that. :-)

Wolfjob [142]
2016-03-14 22:19:50
[8 years, 47 days ago]

Well sure we can add things too. My approach was more of simplifying things. On one hand if a game is too simple people won't play it, on the other if it's too hard/complicated to learn people won't play it. So adding more stuff is fine if we can balance it right, but sometimes going for simplicity ends up with a better balance.

It's kinda like a MOBA game. A company will release a new hero and it'll be broken as all hell. It's new though. They take time to refine it and then either it's not OP anymore or by then they have a new OP hero that makes it null and void. Plenty of new ideas but no clear way to win or compete competently. So maybe it'd just be a better idea to just balance out the heroes you already have.

Breadman [70]
2016-03-14 22:24:57
[8 years, 47 days ago]

You got a point bro. The game needs an upgrade but make it simple as possible.

Drachy [43]
2016-03-20 22:48:25
[8 years, 41 days ago]

To be honest I miss the game the way it was in Bots2. It was simpler and easy to understand.

I know the problem was the top clans with around 100 members had clans filled with easy beat bots they were at war with, made it easy for them to just go and go all day.

But back in the days of Age of Champions, Angels of Light, Final Awakening.. clanscore... ratios that weren't over the top ridiculous.

I even won one month with my clan Dieus Irae.

I lost interest in this iteration of bots very quickly with its convoluted energy system, and the profiles are just weird to me. The old days when people could use html coding to make beautiful colourful profiles was much better in my opinion.

Nosferatu [280]
2016-03-27 20:56:32
[8 years, 34 days ago]

If we returned to the days of old style cs, but used the current energy format and "diplomacy (read: none)" then perhaps everyone would be "equal".