suggestions

Forum > Suggestions > HoF and cheaters
Reply To Thread (login)
Judge Zal [1]
2016-03-14 19:28:09
[8 years, 46 days ago]

Something I noticed when Fishwick brought up the July 2013 clan race was that Ville was 1st in energy for that month and that without him, Eternal wouldn't have won that month. So in hindsight they should've never been given those trophy points for 1st place nor should Ville's name still be there. Escapism should therefore have more wins to its name than it does currently. I know, this is all old news and would take time to fix that would better be used for other stuff yatta yatta yatta but I thought it'd be a good idea to at least find instances where cheaters helped to win a month for a clan so that in the future the tally for actual 1st place wins is more accurate.

Fishwick [134]
2016-03-14 20:18:27
[8 years, 46 days ago]

I'm probably one of the people that'd gain most from something like this, due to my rivalry with him all along, but I'm not really sure I'd want to rewrite history like that. It's unfair to Shoe and Tomato for example, who maybe would have pushed harder without Villes help, and we don't actually know when Ville started ACing (maybe without a big investigation on Enders side).

I'll use Anderson Silva as an example, he was caught using steroids recently, but is still one of the GOATs of the UFC/MMA world, his wins are all still intact, even though they were potentially steroid-supported.

Judge Zal [1]
2016-03-14 20:47:09
[8 years, 46 days ago]

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have done 2 mill+ more energy by themselves lol.

And taking the Barry Bonds/steroid route isn't really a good comparison. Even with steroids they still had to train and exercise and show up to the match and win. I guess you could say Ville spent some time getting those dumpers but he mostly paid money for most of them I believe. But while using an AC you really have no input other than maybe the captcha. Steroids would maybe give you a 20-50% improvement over what you would be without them, not a 0-100% improvement. Because without his AC he wouldn't have scored at all lol. It's more like instead of throwing a steroid fighter into the ring it was allowed for me to throw a robot in instead xD

But like I said, we don't have to have Ender's help really. It would just be interesting to put up months where known cheaters were scoring and then have it retroactively changed one day maybe. He doesn't have to give trophies if he doesn't want. It's more about posterity.

Pothead [103]
2016-03-14 21:02:37
[8 years, 46 days ago]

This has been said ages ago and i agree Ville's name shouldnt be in the hof, ender says it would be too much hassle to change which is a shame as it makes what we read in the hof history a lie. I just hope there are no more "ville's" still playing but i doubt that and i really hope Ender and others are trying hard to find them.

I also personally wouldnt mind having any wins I had with him at eternal when he was the difference(if there were any) when i was at eternal taken away from me as its not nice to think you won with a cheater.

Fuck Boi [1]
2016-03-16 20:45:02
[8 years, 44 days ago]

Ville a/ced since Dynasty in 2012.

Nosferatu [280]
2016-03-27 20:53:27
[8 years, 33 days ago]

I actually made a suggestion to this in the past. I think something more along the line of either asterisking the cheater, as well as the clans he was in during the months they won, to illustrate this to the general public that those wins are tainted, would be a better thing to do.

For the same reason as your examples, they may take away a lot of those players "accolades" such as trophies or HoF ability, but the records for them still stand.

correlation [251]
2016-04-02 22:39:24
[8 years, 27 days ago]

those wins are tainted with evill

....they're vile.

those wins shouldn't be celebrated, they should be vilified!

the poisonous vial of A/C'ing has tainted the whole competition.

fille

ok I'm done.

MrZal3 [71]
2016-04-06 16:04:32
[8 years, 24 days ago]

Let's just say that cheaters always pick the stupidest names lol.

Roffler, Tintin, Ville, skipper, and worst of all, Alan! Who in world would name someone Alan! It's so horrible! I think we should set up a charity for those named Alan. #AllAlansMatter

correlation [253]
2016-04-08 11:42:18
[8 years, 22 days ago]

HoF and Cheaters

A strong correlation can be observed between the two in anything.

I think it's known by most people that grew up on the internet.

If I was ender, I wouldn't give the cheaters more publicity than they already have, which is mind boggling level publicity, as you can see.

no asterisk, and u know what? no forum thread about cheaters allowed either.

But that's just if you ask me, which you would never.

Forum > Suggestions > HoF and cheaters
Reply To Thread (login)