suggestions

Forum > Suggestions > Link bots
Reply To Thread (login)
Zord [61]
2016-07-28 10:46:03
[7 years, 276 days ago]

I think it has been suggested to change the way the game works now, and let one user have multiple bots. This might be complicated to code and sort out, but how about just giving us the ability to just link them together?

So trophies for your scorer and leveler and tourneys are somehow linked. That way one user can gain most trophies and people can see it on your profile as well..

That would also make sense with the records suggestion I posted.

trophy points go to just the one bot doing it ofc

MrZal2 [100]
2016-07-28 10:48:21
[7 years, 276 days ago]

I think we should know by now we're never getting any of these things lol. But ya, it's been suggested before. I still like it. It would also be helpful for the HoF and reflect a person's ability a bit more I think.

Zord [61]
2016-07-28 10:50:24
[7 years, 276 days ago]

It actually just crossed my mind how many great suggestions is just forgotten in the forum........... :(

And will be forever forgotten

Esvrainzas [179]
2016-07-28 10:56:07
[7 years, 276 days ago]

I love the idea of having one account with access to several bots that have multiple purposes. That would save the work of login/logoff/login.

However, it occurred to me now that I dont mind to share my dumpers with other person but no way I will share my main bot.

So, each bot could be accessed by several people. The account that creates it ofc has access then it can have the power to authorize/unauthorize other accounts to access the bot. There should be also one option to change owner regarding people that sell his bots.

No idea if this type of thing can be implemented but hey google is expert doing it :P

Esvrainzas [179]
2016-07-28 10:58:01
[7 years, 276 days ago]

Don't start with the talk of Ender never does nothing please.

MrZal2 [100]
2016-07-28 12:16:33
[7 years, 276 days ago]

Fine then, I'll just save Ender time responding:

I've had an idea in the back of my head for awhile now about changing the user model so that you have 1 single login which controls N bots instead of N logins which control N bots.
there are rough (very) future plans to make bot creation/management simpler.

Posted just yesterday, here.

I just don't see the point in wasting time rewriting something we already did is all and having Ender say his "see this thread here" post.

And 43 pages of suggestions and 5 pages of announcements of which more than 50% are "this clan won 1st" is enough proof about the situation of the game.

Ender [1]
Administrator
2016-07-28 19:57:35
[7 years, 275 days ago]

I like this idea a lot. I've talked about it a bit recently - see my post from yesterday for the most recent instance. I actually wanted to setup the game's user model to be like this when originally building the game in 2010 (source), but it was a difficult enough technical problem for less-experienced me to solve at the time and I didn't want to delay building the game for everyone because of it, so I went forward without it.

Unfortunately, it will be extremely painful to retrofit the game's user model to support this. Not impossible, but difficult and time-consuming - I'll almost surely create some bugs in the process. :\ So I still want to do this, but given the size of the task, there are other higher priority things to work on first (I talked about the highest priority one here).

Zord [61]
2016-07-29 03:38:18
[7 years, 275 days ago]

You are right Esv... But maybe the bots have their own logins, and are just linked in terms of trophies and records, and nothing else.

Ender this way should be a lot easier to code, right? Most are already linked together by email...

Esvrainzas [179]
2016-07-29 03:45:00
[7 years, 275 days ago]

In that case the player should decide which bots want to have linked to your main. A bot can be linked to just one main. The main bot would show the sum of all the trophies of the bots linked and should be ranked in the trophies leaderboard. Interesting :)

Ender [1]
Administrator
2016-07-29 19:51:34
[7 years, 274 days ago]

In addition to all the code changes to support changing the core user model, there are definitely a lot of small details to sort through, some of which are being touched on like bot sharing and automatic (if any) linking. Once I take this project on in earnest, I'll probably start by drafting a design for it and soliciting feedback from some players.

Forum > Suggestions > Link bots
Reply To Thread (login)