suggestions

Gpof2 [131]
2017-04-10 22:33:37
[7 years, 17 days ago]

I'll start by saying I'm not sure how feasible this is from Ender's side, but here we go anyway. These suggestions are intertwined so try to read it all before giving any criticism.

• Part 1, Bot Linking

To start with, I think it would be a cool idea to "link" or associate bots with each other. The main concept would be to have one main bot, and a bunch of other bots that are linked to it, somewhat similar to registering your email. This wouldn't give any privileges to either bot over each other though, it's simply a way for the game to associate them with each other. This would be completely optional and is just a way to make my other suggestion function, but it could certainly be expanded upon for other features if Ender decided to.

This function could require you to already have a registered email that way you can confirm the link via the email registered to the main bot. Just for an example, I could go to my settings on Gpof C7 and type "Gpof2" in the link box and hit save. This would send a link confirmation email to the email registered on Gpof2. The email would ask if I'd like to link Gpof C7 to Gpof2. This method of implementing confirmation might be an issue due to people potentially spamming requests that aren't even their bots.

Another option could be a master/slave type of option. You can checkbox your main bot as a master, and the associated bots as slaves. Bots checked as master are allowed a list of type boxes for filling in names, and slaves are allowed just one box to set a master. Only bots that both type each other names in said boxes would be associated and would eliminate the need of any email. I'd just leave this in the air as I'm sure someone might have a better idea to implement it, but this feature is required for the next suggestion.

• Part 2, Tournaments and Formula One Points

This is the meat of the suggestion. Right now with only clans having F1 points for tournaments, the F1 point competition is pretty stale, boring, and as discussed in other threads, unfair. So with the previous suggestion in mind, I'm sure most of you will guess where this is going. I think there should be formula one point counts for individual players, or more specifically, individual bots. Any bot that has tournament bots linked to them would be the one to accrue these individual F1 points from the tournament bots.

One concern I have is massing bots in the tournament to get several scoring bots in some categories. I think a good way to help balance that is to limit each main bot to only gaining individual F1 points from one bot in each category, the highest scoring one linked to it (or itself). So if I had 3 bots in category 7, my main bot would only gain points from the highest ranked one.

This would add more incentive to tournament competition. I also think if/when clans become more limited to the amount of tournament bots that can enter/get rewarded trophies, this would also help alleviate some grief from players who have many tournament bots. It leaves the option for someone to have tournament bots compete for several clans, but could still all compete for the same main bot.

boom08 [95]
2017-04-11 04:54:31
[7 years, 17 days ago]

nice idea, i like it and i'm wondering if Ender will ever implement something new on tournaments, in my opinion he wont change something what he created once, so as i said before many times - you just wasting your tome :/

Gpof2 [131]
2017-04-11 05:20:59
[7 years, 17 days ago]

Well he did update the categories a couple times as well as adding the formula one points recently. I don't really want this to turn into a thread revolving around what Ender does or doesn't do, it's just a suggestion and feedback on it (or any other suggestions) would be more helpful to get it implemented or shot down more quickly. I'm sure more talked about and interesting topics are more likely to be implemented since they draw attention.

Also, the only tomes I waste are identification ones because I forget I can just go to Deckard Cain.

Pothead [104]
2017-04-13 22:29:18
[7 years, 14 days ago]

Lol, I haven't been playing bots because I just got Diablo 3!

Pothead [104]
2017-04-13 22:43:33
[7 years, 14 days ago]

Back on topic, after reading through it a few times I understand the concept you have and I like it but I think some might find it a bit unusual to have main bots with tourney f1 points when in reality the bot would suck in the tourney.

Maybe if this is ever implemented though so could a more hassle free way of signing up/declanning all the associated/linked bots through the master bot.