suggestions

Forum > Suggestions > Training-only buff
Reply To Thread (login)
MrZal2 [100]
2019-04-16 14:33:04
[5 years, 9 days ago]

We all know that training kinda sucks on this game and is too high cost for return in terms of numbers of buffs you need to level up vs. using ratio whores among other things (also too long to train vs. speed of ratio whores). So a quick and easy workaround might be to add a buff for training only along the lines of this:

300% speed buff 300% exp buff 50% trophy point cost reduction

Since it could only be used on training bots and not on ratio whores, I couldn't see this hurting the game any and maybe adding more trainers to the game. I'm sure not if it's possible to only make it effect training bots only though.

Suggestions? Ideas? Want to add some vitriol to the thread just because it's me suggesting it?

Ecoueses [352]
2019-04-16 15:05:13
[5 years, 9 days ago]

I believe its been said by ender that there are no plans to make changes with buffs. He wanted buffs to be used occasionally and its not quite the case. Considering that, buffs already have higher impact on game than initially intended.

Gpof2 [131]
2019-04-16 16:43:09
[5 years, 9 days ago]

Some people with high train bots that are low on points might feel slightly shafted though since they would have effectively gotten less for the points they've already spent, but meh. But I think the idea for training-exclusive buffs is pretty reasonable. Could even be something as simple as a once a month or week buff too.

Storm of Memories [150]
2019-04-17 10:03:36
[5 years, 8 days ago]

Nice to see that Zal you are capable of making sensible suggestion instead of that ETERNAL CRYING BOTS4 NOT BEING BOTS2

Good idea!

Suga [42]
2019-04-18 07:19:03
[5 years, 7 days ago]

come on Ender...we need something new in this game cause its getting worst and worst and boring :(

MrZal2 [100]
2019-04-18 09:36:26
[5 years, 7 days ago]
I believe its been said by ender that there are no plans to make changes with buffs. He wanted buffs to be used occasionally and its not quite the case. Considering that, buffs already have higher impact on game than initially intended.

I remember that. Mind you this game would've had a lot less donations without them (see Rivan and his 142 bought stars). I'm pointing out an area of good they could do that doesn't involve going into the experience/int part of the training bots one by one. Kinda like a cheat. I don't see the point of removing buffs now anyway. Maybe changing the trophy system, but the buffs are alright.

Some people with high train bots that are low on points might feel slightly shafted though since they would have effectively gotten less for the points they've already spent, but meh. But I think the idea for training-exclusive buffs is pretty reasonable. Could even be something as simple as a once a month or week buff too.

Less for the points they spent, yes, but with a new buff they could train more effectively and maybe get to level 500 ;D I'm sure they'd be happy with that. This is more of a way of reducing the amount of trains needed to get to higher levels faster, more along the line of ratio whores and making it more fun and less "I get 2 mill per train but I would get 30 mill if i had a ratio whore" thing. It seems weird to me that one could make a level 100 in an hour or two with ratio whores but take days training. That's not good for newer players or those trying to level at the 200+ level either.

Nice to see that Zal you are capable of making sensible suggestion instead of that ETERNAL CRYING BOTS4 NOT BEING BOTS2 Good idea!

Training was a part of bots2 haha ;D I miss that huge 500% or something buff we had in bots4 beta though. That was hilarious.

Fishwick [135]
2019-04-18 13:37:23
[5 years, 7 days ago]

Maybe we could reward people for activity. Instead of all buffs coming from trophy points, we could offer an overpowered training buff for 1k trains for your first train each month (and this idea can be expanded to other bits of the game).

Something that encourages people to play occasionally and can't be exploited. I don't think a new buff alone will change the meta for leveling though, but it would help new people and those that don't have infrastructure.

Gpof2 [131]
2019-04-20 11:45:22
[5 years, 5 days ago]

Maybe we could reward people for activity... Something that encourages people to play occasionally and can't be exploited.

NOW INTRODUCING, THE BOTS4 BATTLE PASS!!!

El Hefe [389]
2019-04-20 11:50:03
[5 years, 5 days ago]

how about we reward people for every day activity, instead of once in a month passivity ;)

Esvrainzas [300]
2019-05-02 18:35:51
[4 years, 357 days ago]

one could make a level 100 in an hour or two

More like 30 mins or even less.

Anyway, it's a good idea and I also agree with something that rewards you for logging daily not monthly.

stone2 [34]
2019-05-05 23:34:27
[4 years, 354 days ago]

I totally agree with daily log in bonus or "buff", reward etc. Most mobile games have implemented this and seems quite effective at generating more activity to a game. It's another reason to stay active and freshens things up a bit.

Bad Label [70]
2019-05-07 01:10:43
[4 years, 353 days ago]

im for daily log-in bonus to Ender :)

Ender [1]
Administrator
2019-05-07 03:05:27
[4 years, 353 days ago]

I'm not sure how I feel about a training-only buff specifically, but I'm definitely on board with changes to make the training system more lively than it currently is. I have some old PvE ideas floating around that could be revisited.

I also like the followup idea about some sort of reward/motivation/incentive for daily activity. I like the "sleep bonus" feature that a lot of games have that effectively serve to level the playing field a bit between players that can spend few vs. many hours on the game (e.g. you get a 2x exp bonus for your first hour, first N battles, etc. of gameplay.). Daily-purchasable buffs sort of serve this purpose now, but are limited via trophy points.

rh2 [110]
2019-05-07 04:00:11
[4 years, 353 days ago]

good Ender, but tell us about time you gonna implement any of this ideas? this year? or this century? :/

Warmageddon [40]
2019-05-30 10:37:37
[4 years, 330 days ago]

Something needs to be done.. Less and less people are active each year I nip onto the game! and nothing has changed and update is needed. I only come to see how the likes of the cause, lyrad ect are doing

Stonelvl [238]
2020-11-18 17:43:36
[3 years, 156 days ago]

Still holding out for those daily buffs just like I'm holding out for prez Trump to get in for a second term.

Forum > Suggestions > Training-only buff
Reply To Thread (login)