suggestions

Forum > Suggestions > Jane
Reply To Thread (login)
Shadow Of Death [336]
2019-10-28 19:46:58
[4 years, 188 days ago]

Question for Ender obviously, How about changing the time of Jane's appearance? More often I mean. Or just place a "happy weekends" twice a month or similar to that, every half an hour at least, or max an hour, because two hours max are a bit too much, don't u think?

hater [92]
2019-10-29 01:30:14
[4 years, 188 days ago]

No bad idea

Flexander the Lit [94]
2019-10-29 01:32:34
[4 years, 188 days ago]

Can't see how it'd hurt, get more people in chat :)

Storm of Memories [150]
2019-10-29 09:56:41
[4 years, 188 days ago]

Chat seems to be to hard concept for most of the new players and it is already very easy to get items from Jane so I don't see how this would benefit the community in any way. Only thing that few people who build bots will get items easier, that's it.

If the idea is to activate chat then something else is needed.

Fishwick [135]
2019-10-29 16:06:10
[4 years, 188 days ago]

Yeah I think the delivery girl shows up enough as it is, with how few people are camping these days you can deck any bot out in a few hours which is already powerful enough. Be cool to get more people into chat somehow though

Gods legacy [119]
2019-10-29 18:29:28
[4 years, 187 days ago]

"somehow" yeah... Few people camping? Does it matter is it a few or not? People who are playing this game, pretty much more than others, do know what I was saying, not the new ones, pretty old ones, but whatever, nothing can be said to be done around amyway..

Fishwick [135]
2019-10-29 19:15:24
[4 years, 187 days ago]

The fact is that dev time is limited and Ender's not bringing out many new updates, so ideas have to be filtered and this is one of the first to go imo. You can try and convince him to do pointless updates like this, for features that aren't even crying out for it, or we can have that time spent on useful stuff like PvE, recruiting, helping noobs or something useful.

The delivery girl is already at the point where you can essentially always get her to bring your items, meaning you can completely camp a bot in about 6 hours with her. She's only even being utilized ~25% of the time (turns up ~23 times a day on average, items are snuck in around 6 times a day on average, normally by the same people). If multiple people were fighting over her every time, and she was sneaking items in every hour, like she used to, I'd agree.

two hours max are a bit too much, don't u think?

No, I don't. The delivery girl without competition is actually insanely overpowered compared to normal camping and even item ordering which costs stars. Buffing one of the most powerful things in the game when it's not even being used is silly.

Camping with her has literally never been easier, let's focus on improving things that actually need improving.

El Hefe [398]
2019-10-29 19:32:26
[4 years, 187 days ago]

'we can have that time helping noobs'?

last time i heard you talking about that one you said that you and your clan were too elite to help noobs..

what epiphany happened there Fish? ^^

back on topic i do too think there is plenty enough jane to go around, we should be happy enough having her..

and off topic again.. if the, in fish' words, 'bad ideas' get such a long reply, then wow my suggestions must be really sucky since they dont even get a courtesy 'no'reply.

also, could we perhaps get some stats/list on how the precious little time is being spent? im curious

Fishwick [135]
2019-10-29 19:52:09
[4 years, 187 days ago]
back on topic i do too think there is plenty enough jane to go around, we should be happy enough having her..

Agree, Jane is godly compared to normal camping. Don't even have to check showroom, just change your irc nickname and wait to be called in to collect your item

and off topic again.. if the, in fish' words, 'bad ideas' get such a long reply, then wow my suggestions must be really sucky since they dont even get a courtesy 'no'reply.

I gave it two lines on my phone and not much thought at first beyond "wow, bad idea", and then he wanted to say my view doesn't count cause I don't actively play, and he wanted to discuss it further, so I gave a proper reply. Why do you want a courtesy "no" reply from me? I'm not Ender. I'm just like any other player and forums would get spammed very quickly if everyone said yes/no on every post. I will try to comment more on your posts if that helps :)

also, could we perhaps get some stats/list on how the precious little time is being spent? im curious

Again, a question for Ender not me. Being a mod doesn't mean I know what Ender is up to more than anyone else

El Hefe [398]
2019-10-29 19:57:29
[4 years, 187 days ago]

as i bmailed you a few minutes before (when you started sending me angry bmails), i did mean both those questions for ender, but good that you confirm my view

further more it just seemed like a good moment to put the general attention back on my suggestion. also, not for you, as i replied your angry bmail, i dont need/want for you specifically to answer that, but i see you did, sweet!

now all the other offensive stuff you said to me, thats not very nice, i clearly pointed out i didnt mean any offense towards you (but you did say you guys were too elite and asked me to take someone in)

now please take off your angry hat, there is no need for that

Fishwick [135]
2019-10-29 20:09:56
[4 years, 187 days ago]

Not very nice to want to steal the attention from someone elses suggestion :p I've commented on yours now so it can be discussed in your thread

I'm not angry lol, we agree on this suggestion

Gods legacy [119]
2019-10-30 04:56:31
[4 years, 187 days ago]

When someone suggests something over the forum it is because that someone wants to hear opinion from others not just you... Because I know that some old people around agree with that, but doesn't matter since your conclusion is that it's god given Jane like this. And I didn't throw a thing at you up before in this thread, the things you imagine is just by yourself only.

Thanks Ender for seeing and answering, not others in your name.

Fishwick [135]
2019-10-30 07:01:40
[4 years, 187 days ago]

I'm not following. You wanted feedback and I gave mine. At no point did I pretend I was answering for Ender. I am in no way affiliated with him and I'm just a player that's commenting on a suggestion, exactly like you said you wanted.

In case you still don't understand, a forum mod is nothing but a forum mod. I'm not a game developer, I'm not on Ender's high council that filters ideas before they get to him, I'm just a player who doesn't like a suggestion. I didn't suggest other opinions don't matter either.

This is an insane way of handling criticism of a bad idea

OldTime v2 [300]
2019-10-31 18:32:43
[4 years, 185 days ago]

i bow down to high council member Fishwick ! I shall sacrifice a goat tonight and hope for many years of prosperity !!!!

XD

Ender [1]
Administrator
2019-11-04 01:34:30
[4 years, 182 days ago]

I've wanted to have periodic special events (e.g. double exp weekends) for awhile and this would fit in well with that feature as another random bonus.

I don't see myself making a permanent increase of Jane frequency though. I already see long stretches of time with no one using Jane. Fishwick covered this well too.

Esvrainzas [300]
2019-11-07 13:39:03
[4 years, 179 days ago]

last time i heard you talking about that one you said that you and your clan were too elite to help noobs

...too elite: that's true. Yeah I like to say we are the best because... we proved we are.

...to help noobs: that's false. Sometimes we help noobs. Ask Thanu/Sigmund. I borrowed stars to him, gave him some advice and he scored 1M. If that's not helping a noob, I don't know what could be.

Back to OP. See? Ender approved your idea about a special event. I don't think your suggestion was necessarily bad, I think people need to try to get life easier, so why not purpose more Jane appearances in the chat? There was a remote possibility that Ender could accept that suggestion!

G0ds wrath [54]
2019-11-08 14:03:36
[4 years, 178 days ago]

Thumbs up for someone saying yes to the story told.

Forum > Suggestions > Jane
Reply To Thread (login)