suggestions

Forum > Suggestions > block/dex balance and new items
Reply To Thread (login)
Ecoueses [377]
2020-06-08 16:02:42
[3 years, 329 days ago]

So i was thinking about block state at this moment and the fact that game havent been updated in some time.

Most recent major update gave us new armors for high strength builds.

How about switching up things with block a bit, changing hard cap to 80 or something and making blocks take 90% of damage, meaning that bot would receive 10%.

Instead taking lets say 300 damage from ten 100 damage hits, you'd take 280 but it would require additional investment. Dex or shields could also provide certain percentage of damage blocked to diversify things even further.

Of course, im just throwing numbers here, it would take someone smarter than me to balance it out.

This also opens up space for improvement of existing shields/dex items and/or adding new ones.

I am willing to give suggestions / work with someone on possible mechanics changes and ideas for new items if this whole thing gets green light from Ender and there is someone who would want to work on balance in first place.

Ender [1]
Administrator
2020-06-25 02:00:38
[3 years, 312 days ago]

Hey, thanks for the suggestion. It's something I'm open to looking into. Rene has done a lot of work in this area in the past and had gone as far as coming up with a new block chance formula + new shields, but wasn't completely happy with it. I just reached out to him to see if he's had a chance to look into it further since then, though he's been offline a couple months so it might be some time before I hear back.

Introducing mitigation to shields is potentially interesting, though we already have that from the defense/absorb stat, so it seems like it might muddy the waters a bit.

Forum > Suggestions > block/dex balance and new items
Reply To Thread (login)