suggestions

Forum > Suggestions > Scoring system for players
Reply To Thread (login)
Geogazer [58]
2023-03-02 18:21:09
[1 year, 63 days ago]

Not that I honestly care as a returning player after 4+yrs break but would be nice to see so mething different for scoring for those of us who don't actually use dumpers. I get it , it's a part of the game and needs to be done to be at the top but I miss the old boys 2 days which I'm not saying dumping wasn't done back then but a different system implied that shows how people who don't use dumpers scoring vs those that do. As I said I don't really care but just would be nice as I have all my scoring done without dumping

Kyle100 [125]
2023-03-02 18:37:19
[1 year, 63 days ago]

Perhaps the ol’ diplomacy and energy transfer could do the trick!

MrZal2 [100]
2023-03-07 16:37:23
[1 year, 58 days ago]

Advocated for this a decade ago. Ender said no. He thought people would just attack each other for energy like a mass PvP only game. This was also because floR didn't want bots2 copied for some reason. But of course, people made whores, dumpers, autoclicker, ratio whores, all the same stuff as in the bots2 days. Dumpers were always the dumbest part to me though as you A) needed stars to camp a bunch of them (so as to sell stars, smart Ender), B) had to gain wins on them to maintain a energy ratio, C) become useless as time goes on, thus wasting your time on maintaining them, D) only are helpful to the clan that makes them (energy hoarding, thus making new players feel out in the cold as to what to do to help their clan), E) encouraged autoclicking so as to not waste their creators time on making them or attacking their bots a million times with them, and F) makes the hall of game look hilarious because the top person is essentially just the one who attacked themselves the most, thus proving that the game isn't PvP at all in any sense.

But all this doesn't matter because G) Ender doesn't give a shit anymore. You'd be better off making your own bots5 than trying to get that man to do anything constructive on this game. Why? Because apparently all we do is whine whine bitch bitch no matter what and he got tired of it. Well he can just shove his game up his ass ;D

PS: I was gone for 5 years just because Ender didn't like me saying all this shit anymore. He'll probably delete this and mute me, if he ever does get back on. Or maybe he'll view this as a nostalgic moment and laugh, who knows :P The fact of the matter is no, nothing is going to be done. Unless you guys want to help me make a bots5 or something.

Zach1 [300]
2023-03-09 07:27:08
[1 year, 57 days ago]

Nice to see you post Zal hope you are doing well, have to disagree with a lot of what you said though.

A) needed stars to camp a bunch of them (so as to sell stars, smart Ender)

You don't need any stars at all to make dumpers, they help ofcourse but they are not needed. I doubt Ender realised when he built the game people would log on bots lower level than them and attack a main bot to put the energy on.

B) had to gain wins on them to maintain a energy ratio

To keep 60 eph yes but you can build them on mass and not have to worry about windumping they just won't last as long.

C) become useless as time goes on, thus wasting your time on maintaining them

Dumpers last as long as you want them to last really, if you spend the time to build tp's on them windump and recamp them when they break then they can last for as long as you want.

D) only are helpful to the clan that makes them (energy hoarding, thus making new players feel out in the cold as to what to do to help their clan),

Agree here but thats the whole point of them. A clan can still create an organised line of lower level scorers and be very competetive even against a clan using dumpers.

E) encouraged autoclicking so as to not waste their creators time on making them or attacking their bots a million times with them

Players have been caught cheating on pretty much every type of bot let's be honest I wouldnt say dumpers encouraged cheating.

F) makes the hall of game look hilarious because the top person is essentially just the one who attacked themselves the most, thus proving that the game isn't PvP at all in any sense.

It's the most efficient way to score so it will obviously bring the best results, there have still been low level scorers that have been very successful in the hof top 10s for lifetime energy and wins. The PVP side I guess is workshopped tourney bots and the competitive side to the clan race.

G) Ender doesn't give a shit anymore. You'd be better off making your own bots5 than trying to get that man to do anything constructive on this game. Why? Because apparently all we do is whine whine bitch bitch no matter what and he got tired of it. Well he can just shove his game up his ass ;D

Agree here to be honest, I dont think Ender does enough but hey he's probably a busy guy getting on with life. He still fixes the game when its broke, even if it takes too long but I definitely agree he doesn't do enough and it is a main reason I stopped playing the game is stale and boring to me now and would be awesome to have a lot of changes.

Geogazer [58]
2023-03-09 08:48:44
[1 year, 57 days ago]

Zal? That name rings a bell. Idk if you remember me or not :/

IllIllIllIll [2]
2023-03-18 06:14:52
[1 year, 48 days ago]

damn. i really hoped you were dead zal. oh well

MrZal2 [100]
2023-03-18 18:59:38
[1 year, 47 days ago]
damn. i really hoped you were dead zal. oh well

Don't worry, we all die someday :) Maybe on the day you learn to use capital letters.

Also thanks for the warm wishes Zach1. And no I don't particularly remember you under the name Geogazer unless you are also Shoegazer (going by the gazer name). If you want to give some hints, go ahead.

So as for my argument earlier, I'll state that maybe I was a bit overboard. But I still think it's a bit much to expect a person to make a good bot to begin with but then expect them to also make 20-100 more whores/dumpers etc. to support that bot so as to score at least a bit (or depend on others, that's also an option). And without stars, it is super duper boring to get items, regardless of them being dumpers or main bots. The main difference between bots2 and bots4 though is that diplomacy in bots2 was far easier for new players to get into. You just joined a clan and boom, you had targets to attack. You could focus on one bot if you wanted and not worry about making a new bot at all. The bots4 system essentially makes you work for that scoring ability and people get bored / go play other games because it's 2023, not 2002 anymore. In order to keep a game going, you need a casual way for people to play without worrying about trying to find targets or getting attacked all the time and yelled at by people like the person (probably Luthrin) who wishes for my death and get no reprimands for it. The attitude becomes "it's just part of the game, join the toxicity or get out" and it's not exactly a great way to recruit new players.

All in all the only reason I bothered writing any of this is because A) the diplomacy system was better and B) I thought it was important to point out to Geogazer that Ender has not really added anything to the game in a long time and doesn't seem to want to. I'm just being realistic of the game's current state.

Tectonicz [173]
2023-03-18 19:01:43
[1 year, 47 days ago]

Lol Luthrin, what an assclown that dude is.

Forum > Suggestions > Scoring system for players
Reply To Thread (login)