suggestions

Forum > Suggestions > War month
Reply To Thread (login)
Fishwick [135]
2023-11-06 12:06:32
[179 days ago]

In the past month or two of the clan race, energy availability has been the hot topic as the game reaches its late stages of meta optimising. Almost every single clanned bot is owned by a specific person, who wants it to benefit them in a specific way and can just de-clan it if they don't like how its being used. This is fine (and smart) but doesn't really encourage new players or anyone outside the traditional powerhouses to have much of a chance. There are fairly trivial amounts of energy available (in comparison to dumper clans) and it's fairly frustrating trying to collect 6 fights worth of it before someone else jumps in and takes it first.

I was thinking maybe we could have a month per year (or just a one-off to start/try it out) where every bot generates energy, even those not in clans (unless opted out in the usual way). With 10+ years of random bots being made and forgotten about, this would basically mean there would be infinite energy up for grabs at all levels, you just have to go out and claim it. If you want to truly compete for first in the energy race at the minute, you need to have years worth of infrastructure and effort backing you up, rather than what it probably should be, mostly a competition of who clicks the most links.

If you don't want to generate energy as you're worried it'll get you attacked or something, you can still choose to disable it and not have to worry, it just means the community and game can benefit from the hundreds of thousands of bots created over the year that have been long forgotten.

To anyone worried, your existing infrastructure would still definitely help you in this month. This would make scoring by attacking (as opposed to dumping) more appealing, but it wouldn't really make dumpers less appealing. You can only get ~45k energy per day like this, and then you're doomed to getting 16 energy per attack (as well as causing damage to your equipment etc). So you'd still want to dump after you've drained as much energy as your buffs will allow.

I saw some discussion of leagues/new servers/ways to shake up a very "solved" game and this seems like it wouldn't take too much work [citation needed], but would massively change the clan race and subsequently game for a little while before it returned to normality.

TL;DR: Unclanned bots generate energy for a month

rs01 [305]
2023-11-06 12:17:26
[179 days ago]

I'm sorry I think it's a terrible idea also you never mentioned this when you were in Escapism lol.

What about players who are just taking a break who log in to see their projects have been ruined and turned into whores etc?

Wouldn't take much at all to be competetive, just a a couple of months prep by a determined group and you are in business, Apex wins every month because most other clans cant be bothered and just want an easy win not doing the prep that we did. You want more energy available then build more whores or dumpers its pretty simple really.

That's just my opinion though

-Zach

Fishwick [135]
2023-11-06 13:00:42
[179 days ago]

Wasn't massively expecting the guys on top of the tree to want the shake up as they're the ones with the most height to fall.

you never mentioned this when you were in Escapism lol.

The game was never as dead as it is now when I was in Escapism, had more whores frequently clanned, and wasn't as "solved"/completed as it is now. Not that this change would have changed Escapisms performance at all though. We had the most/best people in months we won, and still would have with this change. When we lost, we still would have too.

What about players who are just taking a break who log in to see their projects have been ruined and turned into whores etc?

No reasonable bot is gonna get attacked really, this will just make whores more appealing. If you left your bot weak to attack for years just in case you came back, and wanted a very weak bot to never get attacked, sounds like a you problem if anything.

You want more energy available then build more whores or dumpers its pretty simple really.

It's simple to someone who has played the game for 10+ years, has all the knowledge, ratio whores, infrastructure, etc available to him. It's not very approachable to say "if you play the game for two years, make friends with the right people and commit hundreds of hours of playtime maybe we'll let you have a chance at competing (kidding, youll just be crushed by someone who has been doing all that stuff longer than you)

rs01 [305]
2023-11-06 13:12:54
[179 days ago]

You need the knowledge in the first place before you even understand what clans and energy are, you used george and some others as an example in chat because he can't score due to lack of targets but he knows how to make whores infact he is making dumpers this month.

I'm all for change PVE, real wars, new tourney cats and so on, I just think this idea has more flaws than it does positives without really changing much.

If others like it and Ender is willing to do it then hey why not, I just don't like it personally.

The Doggett [387]
2023-11-06 13:22:39
[179 days ago]

The idea of all bots generating energy is not bad. But there should be a cap on the amount and they shouldnt generatie as fast. Maybe like 5e per hour, and capped at 240(2 days worth of e)

Usman [170]
2023-11-06 13:49:15
[179 days ago]

bring war between clans back and clan merges :)

Luthrin [32]
2023-11-06 15:25:38
[179 days ago]

This is a great idea, Fish.

Of course the only ones that will resist this practical approach are Apex members... huh... I wonder why???

Zizu [388]
2023-11-06 15:44:42
[179 days ago]

its a good idea wont shake up the current power dynamic much but will make it much better for new players to jump in and score

Vrexu [166]
2023-11-06 15:45:53
[179 days ago]

Too late, Zizu. We all know you wrote that because you were afraid of Luth's bots :D.

Zizu [388]
2023-11-06 16:14:59
[179 days ago]

ya im shaking in my boots while he dumps energy on me

Gpof2 [131]
2023-11-06 16:17:40
[179 days ago]

I'd be for at least trying this and seeing how it goes in practice. If the opting out of energy generation didn't exist I wouldn't like it as much, but the fact it's an option and you need to manually toggle it means only people who are active and care about particular bots taking losses can simply turn the energy off on them (kudo whores, ratios, train bots etc). So many forgotten and unused bots that likely will never be logged into again generating energy would serve as psuedo-npc bots as targets, and who knows what build they might be :) The trophy point/buff limitation as you stated wouldn't leave existing dumpers useless either. I think it sounds like a pretty fun idea.

Nosferatu [282]
2023-12-12 15:56:12
[143 days ago]

I think it would be a neat idea to give a try.

And to anyone who thinks otherwise, in all honesty people will still opt for the path of least resistance. Meaning they won't be attacking ratio whores/tourney bots because they won't be worth it. The only bots I can see getting the most workout would be the win dumpers, etc.

Samulii [38]
2023-12-13 06:57:35
[142 days ago]

Good idea Fishwick! Luth has been going on about this for some time, what they say great minds etc.

Nosferatu [282]
2023-12-13 09:54:53
[142 days ago]

That seems like a subtle dig... :P

Nosferatu [286]
2024-01-09 11:22:30
[115 days ago]

Still +1 for a try. Can even make it February as War Month, with it being the shortest month.

Forum > Suggestions > War month
Reply To Thread (login)