suggestions

Forum > Suggestions > Low level Tourney idea
Reply To Thread (login)
Sinister Shadows [398]
2024-01-25 13:49:18
[99 days ago]

Hey Ender, i have an idea i dont know if its doable, this is solely for like tourneys levels 80 and lower, would you be able to implement like a check box with like 2 choices for each bot that can be toggled onm and off, for like one choice Tourney and other no tourney. So you could either disable them from being fought to protect them from being randomly lvled by anoone with malicious intent (tourney checked), and the other option would be for all other bots. And just to be clear this would be only for 80 and under cause i know this as an overall feature would be busted and stupid at higher lvls

Fishwick [135]
2024-01-25 13:58:20
[99 days ago]

Maybe the possibility to "lock" your bot from fighting/training, with a 5 day cooldown on changing it again like stars. So you can't just turn it on and train with a NaN ratio forever or something.

Just removes you from the fight list so you can't be hassled

Sinister Shadows [398]
2024-01-25 14:01:17
[99 days ago]

having nan until 80 is pointless imho but i agree it could rotate its just to have a feature to protect a tourney bot from being randomly lvled from anyone using a vpn and causing shitstorms incognito

Gpof2 [132]
2024-01-25 14:18:43
[99 days ago]

I think a 30 day lock for that type of thing would be more fitting to be in line with resetting. One doing away with the build, the other locking it in, sounds like better continuity to me.

Or perhaps better yet, make it permanent with a reset being the only way to undo it. That would be the easiest way to avoid any attempts at abusing the feature beyond the intended purpose. I think this would also eliminate any need for limiting the feature to a specific level range.

Sinister Shadows [398]
2024-01-25 14:31:30
[99 days ago]

i legit was thinking the same thing lool but the tourney mode in that scenario would be for until its reset not a x days basis if resetting unlocks that feature

Sinister Shadows [398]
2024-01-25 14:33:26
[99 days ago]

also if that bot cannot be fought since its locked/tourney mode if someone comes up with a better build tho reverse engineering it goes bye bye

Boondoxx [365]
2024-01-25 15:36:54
[99 days ago]

What a shit idea.
Don't want a low level bot getting leveled? Don't build a low level bot simple as that.

Myriad [425]
2024-01-26 06:49:10
[99 days ago]

My preferred way of dealing with the issue of lower level tourney bot levelling would be to completely randomise the categories every month. So instead of 31-40, it would be 35-45 one month, and 33-43 another month. That way it gives incentive to have an even spread of tourney bots across different categories. Also means more theorycrafting which imo is the best part about tournies

Vrexu [200]
2024-01-26 06:55:54
[99 days ago]

I, too, like this idea and I believe that it can be extended to the highest level. Eg. : have x categories that are like... (x-1) distinct random numbers between min (lvl 10 or 2 or something) and max (max lvl - 10 or something) and simply have the lvls between them compete.

This will totally annoy some players that already complain of too much randomness... and it would be so much fun !!!

PigVomit [52]
2024-01-26 07:05:58
[99 days ago]

idea is ok and yes it could work but then what would happen deicated builders will make and shelf bots for that random cat and apply when the time rolls out and even if they get lvled well they can use it nxt time the higher lvl comes out so ur just adding more recycling of a lvled bot to the mix

Myriad [425]
2024-01-26 07:11:59
[99 days ago]

Well that's kind of the point. There would be no point levelling a bot if the cats are randomised. Also the tourney is kind of boring and static at the moment, with even workshopped bots in the level 300 range. This change would add variety and more interest in the tourney imo

Vrexu [200]
2024-01-26 07:24:39
[99 days ago]

An update to my previous implementation suggestion of the Myriad's idea, which I truly believe is a great one:

instead of using the lvls to pick the random numbers, use the registered bots, as in:

having them sorted by lvl, and kind of cut the list (same random from before, maybe weighted a little bit, so at least the middle cats would be more or less equal in number). Of course, bots of the same lvl could be added to the same cat, so they don't complain that some were put with higher levels and some of the same lvl with lower. (though this would be fun as well...).

This ways, the categories would have a slightly more even number of players, and there wouldn't be a 1st cat with 1-2 bots.

This makes the tourneys scalable as well, to whatever max lvl I will reach in the future.

Vrexu [200]
2024-01-26 07:26:23
[99 days ago]

To clarify: I believe that Myriad's idea is to be the great one. xD

Kudos X [200]
2024-01-26 09:53:54
[98 days ago]

I do like Myriad's idea a lot and think it would add a lot more variables. I think with your idea Vrexu, people would likely have a lot of "spam" bots to try to sway the cats to their advantage (if you take participants entered as the variable deciding the categories, although the idea was one I initially thought of too after reading Myriad's).

Sinister Shadows [398]
2024-01-26 10:42:01
[98 days ago]

personally best way would be that the range stays random every tourney and u only find out the range after tourney is done so no one can really prepare for the range, but like nos said doesnt prevent anyone from spamming all 10 lvl ranges and applying them all to the clan really

Vrexu [201]
2024-01-26 10:44:02
[98 days ago]

Valid points. So random lvls it is. The idea looks good to me.

Asmodeus [130]
2024-01-26 14:54:57
[98 days ago]

I love that the only ideas you guys all agree on are the ones that require less interaction with other players, haha.

Myriad [425]
2024-01-26 18:51:06
[98 days ago]

My idea would be that the category ranges would be unknown until the sign up date, so it would be too late to spam a whole bunch of bots for a particular category. Sure there's nothing stopping someone from building bots at every possible level, but imo that's more interesting than building 10x of the same build at each level category and trying to level the competition out of range. Maybe it's less 'interactive', but in general I feel that the best strategy should never involve screwing others over, it should be about having the best build

Execute [409]
2024-01-26 21:23:30
[98 days ago]

Something needs to be done about the tourney anyway not only does it promote toxicity in it's current state it's also incredibly pay to win.

What's the point in spending a month building 50 or so low level tourneys carefully and camping them when in a day you can effectively do the same thing by just taking them away from your opponent, not to mention your hard work will probably be leveled anyway by someone anonymously.

Ability to completely lock a bot for the tourney sounds good if you have to reset it to unlock, Myriads idea is ok but then people would just level all your bots to the same level most likely, meaning you would have to be lucky with whatever the level range is to have a chance.

I think the cats should be completely random each month maybe with a lesser amount of them and announced at the start of the month, with some sort of cooldown on previous applicants for say 6 months or a year to promote activity for that month instead buying and hoarding tourney bots.

Execute [409]
2024-01-26 22:11:31
[98 days ago]

Or an even simpler fix would be to just remove the lower level cats and accept that they are pretty much a waste of time, then make different ones higher up to replace them which nobody will bother leveling.

Vrexu [202]
2024-01-27 06:18:37
[98 days ago]

I am personally:

1. totally for Myriad's idea.

2. totally against removing the low level tourney categories just because some people consider them a waste of time, due to their inability to have a total control over them. I mean, they could simply not take part into those cats, but that would mean letting other people win those. How would that ever be acceptable to these individuals.

Execute [409]
2024-01-27 06:36:10
[98 days ago]

totally against removing the low level tourney categories just because some people consider them a waste of time

The whole point of the original suggestion is because people can level your low level tourneys, therefore the time you spent creating them was wasted. The lock would work, so would removing the cats. Myriads idea would make griefing harder but it would still be possible, it's better than the current situation though for sure.

Asmodeus [130]
2024-01-27 15:17:24
[97 days ago]

Are you new to the game?
Bots has always been about attacking other players. If you don't like it don't play the game.

Execute [409]
2024-01-27 22:13:29
[97 days ago]

I'm not new to the game neither is the OP who considers leveling tourneys a flaw or the several others who have made suggestions to combat it. Maybe you haven't noticed but I actually anjoy attacking others whether it be with workshopped bots or whatever, it's interesting and a ratio or a bit of energy isn't too bad imo but when someone can level your tourneys it makes people not want to paticipate or create them anymore which shouldn't be the case.

Option One Thirty [130]
2024-02-01 10:09:07
[92 days ago]

What if Ender just removed the ability for defending bots to gain XP when attacked?

Myriad [425]
2024-02-01 19:37:25
[92 days ago]

That might even be the simplest and best solution. As long as its a checkbox like generating energy I'd be all for it

Vrexu [217]
2024-02-01 19:41:52
[92 days ago]

Yes, or overcomplicate everything and create a new category of defensive buffs. And this category prevents x times the level of exp needed for a complete lvl up at the bot's level. (so, an exp shield, rather than expiring after n fights, that could be quickly dumped into)

So that could double as tps sink as well. But, hey, tourneys get extra tps, so... :D

Forum > Suggestions > Low level Tourney idea
Reply To Thread (login)