complaints

Forum > Complaints > Childish Complaint
Reply To Thread (login)
Triumph [211]
2020-03-04 07:46:07
[4 years, 55 days ago]

Why isn't this game an App yet!

As much as it's playable on mobile it's exactly that, "playable" not fun or enjoyable. As a result I simply play something else, which sucks because bots still has a special place in my heart and I'm very proud of the bots I've built. I'd love to get back into bots but I only ever play it when I turn on my computer which can be less than once a month. Even then it's usually to play a different game. It really is just such a shame, if it was available as an app it could reach more people and could be a good source of revenue once operational.

Childish rant because it's a question that's already been answered more than once and runs counter to my previous complaints. Just moaning because I'm not getting my own way :p

-Angelo

Satanus Inaximasus [337]
2020-03-04 07:47:44
[4 years, 55 days ago]

im not going lie Slammer was only talking to me about an app for bots the other day he said he would play alot more if it was on app but until then he as semi quit

Triumph [211]
2020-03-04 07:50:50
[4 years, 55 days ago]

Can see why, you'd always have it in your pocket and ready to go.

-Angelo

Satanus Inaximasus [337]
2020-03-04 07:58:12
[4 years, 55 days ago]

yep its dog shit using your phone and using browser

Slaf [115]
2020-03-04 08:10:00
[4 years, 55 days ago]

ðŸ‘

Fishwick [135]
2020-03-04 11:28:12
[4 years, 55 days ago]

Someone could probably do this themselves if they wanted to. I made a CSS style sheet a while ago to improve the design for mobile but can't find it. A few custom styles with the site wrapped in something like PhoneGap (or whatever is the current in-thing) would probably do a decent job at mimicking an app with low effort

Triumph [211]
2020-03-06 01:21:18
[4 years, 53 days ago]

That makes it all the more of a shame. I think w all have our skills and that certainly isn't one of mine :p

As I say I know its a childish complaint but I know I'd 100 percent play this game more often, even daily if it was easier to access via an app :)

-Angelo

Luthrin [104]
2020-03-06 07:19:10
[4 years, 53 days ago]

Yeah, It could also act as a double edge when cheaters that use A/C find it a convenient excuse to be on for 72 hours and just claim that it's there cellphone app. Like Tonc wouldn't be known as th a/c cheat he is if this app exists. So no, I disagree with your opinion. I think it should read, "When this becomes an app, I can cheat more often, thus be more active" cheers!

Luthrin [104]
2020-03-06 07:26:25
[4 years, 53 days ago]

I also find it funny that you casually mention playing everyday if it was an app... soooo suspicious from a guy that hasn't played a single day in years.... yet can casually claim to play everyday if an app was available... sure thing mr. a/c lol

Ender [1]
Administrator
2020-03-12 23:41:21
[4 years, 46 days ago]

Hey Angelo, long time no see. It's a reasonable question. Part of it has to do with my personal beliefs about the open web. Growing up, I always thought that web games were the coolest because you could build them once and then they could be played on any platform that had a web browser. The (relatively) recent world of apps have changed that a lot - the way apps get built and the way they work don't appeal to me in the same way browser setups do, so I've focused my mobile efforts mostly on mobile browser usability. If there are suggestions on how to improve the mobile browser experience (I'm sure it can be optimized a lot more), please do share!

(Disclaimer just in case: This opinion is completely my own and has nothing to do with my employer.)

Triumph [212]
2020-03-18 06:19:56
[4 years, 41 days ago]

No axe to grind there at all Luthrin.

I played bots2 everyday for years and years. My accomplishments in bots2 are known and I absolutely loved playing the game and the people I met on the way. It broke my heart when it died. I was and still remain wholeheartedly grateful to Ender for bringing it back in this form. I unfortunately never fully adjusted to the new scoring system and and settled on making a few good builds and levelling up this bot which I enjoyed! What can I say, Aspies don't like change :p I've tried to play on my phones browser. I choose to own a smaller phone which makes playing fiddly and un enjoyable. As I mentioned I rarely sit down to a computer I can play it on.

I have a few games I play regularly on my phone but I'd happily ditch one or all of them to play this more easily. Bots was my first online game and it still has a very special place in my heart and it honestly makes me smile to know I have a bot over level 200 on here and a couple of freaks lying around. To this day I maintain that if I ever won a lottery I'd take $10,000 to Ender and commission a bots4 blue that uses clan score and probably another $10,000 to make it an app ;) (though I said that years ago and given inflation I suppose it would be closer to $25,000)

Long time indeed Ender, thank you for your reply. As the title says I know its a childish complaint. Just taking advantage of the complaints section of the forum :)

-Angelo

Zord [71]
2020-03-25 04:32:25
[4 years, 34 days ago]

Buttons and links are way to small for mobile... Also everytime you put your phone away for a little while, your login sessions is terminated and you'll have to login again, find a target and start a battle all over

Ender [1]
Administrator
2020-04-05 12:56:36
[4 years, 23 days ago]

Thank you Angelo very much for the kind words - they are greatly appreciated! And sorry for the slow reply.

I'd almost go so far to reframe this as "I want a bots4 app" to "I want a better bots4 mobile experience". A native app is one way to accomplish this, but hopefully I can address a lot (or even all) of the current mobile experience's shortcomings with mobile browser improvements.

If you (or others - thank you Zord) can share more mobile pain points or even suggestions, I can think about what can be done. There may be inexpensive ways to address some of these. So far it sounds like:

• Links are hard to click
  • Annoying to get logged out

Both of these make sense to me. I sometimes read the forums on my phone and definitely see how larger text/links while on mobile would be useful (even on desktop I have to use browser zoom sometimes now that I'm getting older...). And some sort of way to auto-resume previous sessions on mobile (or even desktop too) instead of having to login and select a new target would cater to more intermittent playing sessions.

Esvrainzas [300]
2020-04-06 06:05:18
[4 years, 22 days ago]

I'm always zooming in to click links while navigating across the game. However, fight again links in battles are fine.

Zord [71]
2020-04-06 10:28:12
[4 years, 22 days ago]

My big fat fingers often miss the correct fight again link :P

I used to play a lot on my phone while doing minor tasks at home, eating breakfast, watching tv or even on the ski lift when I lived in the mountains of Canada... But when logged out from every ski run, I didn't get many fights on the way back up ;)

Gpof2 [131]
2020-04-06 17:03:59
[4 years, 21 days ago]

I would agree the fight links on mobile are really small. But I've only played from a galaxy s3 (720p screen lul).

SideZ [237]
2020-04-07 06:59:29
[4 years, 21 days ago]

aggre they are to smal. a search bar for targets would be great to

Ace Ventura [254]
2020-04-07 10:04:44
[4 years, 21 days ago]

Thumbs up for stefs word about search targets!

Forum > Complaints > Childish Complaint
Reply To Thread (login)