miscellaneous

RevZempoe [28]
2011-03-04 02:05:00
[13 years, 75 days ago]

Let it be known, I'm surely not looking for sympathy as shit happens to everyone. I am merely wanting to rant.

I do believe this day is competing with June 06, 2006 where I was in a motorcycle accident and put in the hospital (ICU) for 3 days. For those of you that know me, you may remember my short-lived returned to bots as I was confined to my home due to injuries.

It begins:

well... first my roommate was supposed to go with me to visit my wife today and help me bring back the car she is using. She's about 1.5 hours away right now ... well he had a night of drinking and said he wasn't going. Now, we had to leave in the morning because he worked at 4pm and we let him use our car for his pizza deliveries. He apparently claimed he thought we were leaving at one which baffles me as to how after 1.5 drive there then back that we could possibly be back by 4pm. I had to ask my buddy for a favor spur of the moment to go with me and help out. Sooo here I am trying to ask my roommate to do me a small favor while planning around his work schedule so I don't put him out for needing to use our car. This pretty much made me livid to the point where I told him it was fucked up. (angered)

A buddy of mine asked if I got the "career" I applied for which I was hoping to... I check my email and find one from the company in there... immediately I know what it will say as it's an email rather than a phone call... I was not chosen for the position. Not the end of the word but *sigh* (disappointed)

Next, I had to fill out some paperwork for a part time job that I picked up while career hunting... mind you it's 7-11 store so not difficult. The manager there, while she is a nice person, has asked me to come back on 3 different occasions due to her lack of planning/organization skills. The paperwork was horrendous and quite possibly more preemployment paperwork than all of my other jobs combined. Today when I got there she had forgotten the paperwork packet and had to, I assume, drive to another store and pick it up. This left me waiting outside with my buddy. After the delay of the paperwork we hit the road. (annoyed)

Well I thought the day might turn around when I found a nice shiny penny on the ground and I'm not stuck up nor carefree enough to just let it sit there. I thought it might change my luck. Come to find out that my buddy finds a nice shiny quarter right in front of me somewhat epitomizing my morning. Good for him though. (laughingly annoyed)

All seems well and we finally get to the restaurant to meet with my wife, but low and behold... there's another restaurant with the same name, obviously a chain, that she was expecting to meet us at... we're at the wrong one. Not a huge deal as she knows the area extremely well and once we found the issue, the was at our restaurant within 15 minutes. (just add it to the tally, as it's just amusing at this point)

Now, for the kicker, my wife decided to bring her engagement ring with her I assume to flaunt around. This is no ordinary engagement ring. It's from the 1920s, 1.5 ct diamond in the center, many clustered diamonds surrounding it along with some emerald. It has much sentimental value... oh and appraised value in the multiple 10s of thousands of dollars. She hands it to me and asks me to put it in a zippered pocket and take it home so I put it in my inside coat pocket. Even though it's not zippered it's the least likely place for it to fall out as I didn't have a zippered pocket. We finally go into the restaurant place with her suitcase and all (she's staying with them to help with some wedding planning). I finally make it home and empty my pockets, only to find that the ring is no longer in my jacket. Panic mode is kicking in... I've searched one of the cars, called the restaurant, and am now waiting for morning to check the other car for it. It's not solely the value of the ring that worries me. It's that it has a lot of sentiment as to how it came to be that is irreplaceable even though we have an insurance on it for lost/stolen. You literally can not duplicate this ring as the way the diamonds are cut and the settings made ... it's not done any more. (devastated)

I'm clinging to one last ray of hope that the ring is in the other car before I have to break the news to my wife. (hopeful but not optimistic)

Jans [54]
2011-03-04 02:54:07
[13 years, 75 days ago]

Fun read, until the end. I hope you'll find it! :s

dragonrose [35]
Head Moderator
2011-03-06 16:16:25
[13 years, 72 days ago]

happy ending?

spud [94]
2011-03-07 06:40:51
[13 years, 72 days ago]

he won't be getting a 'happy ending' for a while if he doesn't find that ring...