marketplace

Forum > Marketplace > How to Buy and Sell Bots FAQ
Reply To Thread (login)
Zal [112]
2012-05-05 14:30:23
[11 years, 352 days ago]

How to Buy And Sell Bots FAQ

1. Question: What types of details should I give in my post?

Answer: If you are selling, it is best to follow these guidelines:

1. Make a small but to the point topic. It normally goes "this bot for sale" or "this clan for sale". If you are selling more than 2 bots it is generally a good idea to put them in a clan and sell them that way.
    2. State what you want for your bot(s). If you want to sell for money be sure to state what payment method you will take (Paypal is the most common method) and what currency you will take it in. If you choose stars then have a starting bid in stars. Stars are worth $10 from Ender but can be bought for about $5 second-hand so be sure to value your bot properly so you don't get shortchanged. You could also add a auto-win amount for both methods.
    3. Add an end date. This is optional but it all depends on how fast you hope to wish to sell your bots.

As for buying bots all you need to do is say "$10" or "1 star" and generally that is good enough.

2. Question: YAY SOMEBODY BIDDED FOR THE PRICE I WANT! Oh wait, what now?

Answer: It is best to get in contact with that individual as soon as possible. Bmail is normally preferred but some people do go by e-mails if they are selling everything and will have no bots left. Make sure that the buyer knows that you agree to the deal and see if he/her wants any particular improvements done to the bot/wants the bot(s) build(s). Once those requirements have been met it's on to the next step.

3. Question: I'm selling my bot(s) for stars. How's that exactly work?

Answer: Here's the method plain and simple:

1. Tell the buyer to temporarily transfer the star(s) to the bot you want the stars on. It is a good idea to add the ID of that bot in the bmail/e-mail.
    2. Wait until the star(s) are temporarily transferred. The buyer should send Ender a bmail stating he wants the star(s) permanently transferred to that bot/ID. Ender does not broker deals, he simply permanently transfers stars.
    3. Once the stars are permanently transferred, it is up to you, the seller, to cancel the e-mails on the bot(s) and give the password(s) of the bot(s) sold to the buyer. To cancel e-mails you have to go to the workshop, press cancel verified e-mail then go into your e-mail account and click on the link the cancel verified email email gives you.
    4. Deal is done.
  4. Question: I'm selling my bot(s) for money. How's that exactly work?

Answer: Oddly enough this method is quite a bit simpler:

1. Contact the buyer telling him or her that you agree to the deal, how much money you both agreed to sell the bot(s) for and the method of payment (PayPal etc.).
    2. When the buyer gets back to you and cements the deal then you as the seller are obligated to give the necessary details of the account you are using for the transaction. For the PayPal method of payment, the following website will be helpful in receiving your funds:

http://money.howstuffworks.com/paypal6.htm

3. Wait until the buyer sends you the money. Be sure to watch out for fraud. Once you are happy cancel the email(s) on the bot(s) as stated in answer 3.3 and give the buyer the passes via bmail or email depending on the buyer's preference.

5. Question: What is proper bidding etiquette?

Answer: Proper bidding etiquette is being courteous and respectful when bidding. Do not harass the seller. Try not to knowingly low ball the seller or yell at him for not knowing that his/her bot is not worth the amount he/she wants. If you happen to go into a trade with a seller and things are not going as fast as you want them to, do not yell and scream at the seller or Ender (or the forum) to make things happen faster. If as a buyer you are jipped out of the sale knowingly (say the seller took your money but won't give you the bots), then unfortunately nothing can or will be done by Ender unless it is done by star payment perhaps. He will not get involved with real life money situations since he has no authority. Also, as stated in the "Trade at your own risk" thread, you should know that if the bot(s) were made by what Ender calls a cheater then the bot(s) will be locked no matter who owns them.

Shoegazer [87]
2012-06-06 20:44:25
[11 years, 320 days ago]

+1 like :)

shoyuken [175]
2013-12-19 22:44:00
[10 years, 124 days ago]

reminder bump

Forum > Marketplace > How to Buy and Sell Bots FAQ
Reply To Thread (login)