marketplace

Ender [1]
Administrator
2013-04-22 20:41:49
[11 years, 16 days ago]

yoloyo is currently engaged in a number of transactions with both me and other players, but many of these transactions are being disputed by PayPal. Considering that a significant amount of real money is changing hands, I thought it prudent to start a public thread on the matter (rather than a series of one-off correspondences) where we can disclose all information.

It is advisable to not engage in any financial transactions with yoloyo at this time.

This is not an accusation, just a precaution; too much is unknown at this point. Let's change that. Here's what I can share:

• yoloyo bought $610 worth of stars from me on April 19 via 5 separate transactions. All of these have been put on hold by PayPal as of last night because "we believe [they] may not have been authorized by the PayPal account holder". My account is now in the red because some of this money had already been withdrawn. PayPal is currently waiting to hear back from me on this.

• yoloyo bought $10 worth of stars from me on April 13. This transaction has not been put on hold at this time.

• In 2012, 2 bots using the same PayPal email as yoloyo bought $30 worth of stars from me. These transactions went through fine, were never put on hold, etc.

• In 2011, 1 bot using the same PayPal email as yoloyo sent $2,100 worth of failed eCheques to me via PayPal. This event prompted me to disable this form of payment.

• During the 2011 event, I received a similar explanation to what Fishwick apparently received about PayPal not cooperating with their bank, needing more info, etc..

I'd like to give yoloyo the benefit of the doubt here (it's quite possible it's just the sudden large volume of money being transacted in this account that triggered PayPal's anti-fraud mechanisms), so let's keep this thread free of speculation. No one is being accused of anything; it's just very important that we have all the facts on the table. Please refrain from posting unless you really have something to contribute, which would include things like your personal (financial) experiences with yoloyo.

Fishwick [131]
2013-04-23 02:46:22
[11 years, 15 days ago]

Yoloyo hasn't posted so I'll post on his behalf. He told me he has sent documents that will hopefully prove it and get PayPal to clear it up. Just have to wait now :)

Gpof2 [130]
2013-04-23 12:18:43
[11 years, 15 days ago]

I also sold him a logo the other day for 10 dollars. After reading this thread I just checked my Paypal and now that payment is on hold too.

GDumps [64]
2013-04-23 14:54:02
[11 years, 15 days ago]

this in my mind, has red flags going up left and right. I agree with ender in suggesting no one do business with him until things are cleared. but yet someone how i believe he is trying to scam everyone

Rivan [150]
2013-04-23 15:54:06
[11 years, 15 days ago]

As soon as i saw all those donations i immediately thought of Voxymaus :P

GDumps [68]
2013-04-23 15:58:04
[11 years, 15 days ago]

voxy from bots2?

New Alan [100]
2013-04-23 16:16:22
[11 years, 15 days ago]

Ya, voxymaus did the same thing.

I can't use my paypal anymore because I changed it to business for my game. Well not knowing you had to have a business license as of December, my account is now blocked until I prove one. You can't change it back to personal either without documents. I have none. You can transfer money, but not add. You can't change bank accounts or remove a bank account.

Terrible spot really.

Ender [1]
Administrator
2013-04-23 19:50:18
[11 years, 15 days ago]

yoloyo, I checked the server logs and see you've read my bmail asking you to respond here. You've also opened this forum thread several times. Can you please come forward with details of your correspondences with PayPal just to set us all at ease? Clear and upfront communication will help us nip this unfortunate situation in the bud before it gets any worse. Thanks!

yoloyo [134]
2013-04-24 05:40:49
[11 years, 14 days ago]

Hi,

I have been in contact via email and phone with PayPal Australia. They have recieved the paperwork they have marked "completed" for some of it. I've noticed a few payments have come off of old already but some still need other peoples replies. I will update as I know more.

Also, I had checked this on my phone a few times and read bmails I have been away from the computer.

Ender [1]
Administrator
2013-04-24 08:48:09
[11 years, 14 days ago]

The ones that still need replies are probably from me. I just replied now, so let's see if that unlocks any more.

Which ones were marked completed? Can those involved in those transactions (Fishwick?) confirm?

And yoloyo, thanks for being a good sport about this. Dealing with PayPal can be difficult and it's sounding like the large volume you suddenly transacted set off red flags in their system. I hope you understand why I'm going through all these precautions given that several other players are involved.

Fishwick [131]
2013-04-24 08:50:48
[11 years, 14 days ago]

I replied to both disputes, they are still 'being reviewed by PayPal'

Riae [115]
2013-04-24 17:10:34
[11 years, 14 days ago]

At least he is a honest player ^^ +1

Gpof2 [130]
2013-04-25 02:55:55
[11 years, 13 days ago]

Hopefully Paypal doesn't derp it up more.

Ink [130]
2013-04-25 04:19:38
[11 years, 13 days ago]

62 stars. :O congrats :D

ProjectOne [150]
2013-04-25 15:27:22
[11 years, 13 days ago]

may i ask when the perm star transfers requested by yoloyo will be completed

Leader [92]
2013-04-25 15:29:54
[11 years, 13 days ago]

none of them will be moved until everything is sorted

Ender [1]
Administrator
2013-04-26 02:28:12
[11 years, 12 days ago]

I'm assuming good faith by leaving the stars on his bot, but have to draw the line at doing perm transfers. That mess will already be hard enough to untangle in the event this falls through, so that will indeed have to wait until this is sorted.

yoloyo, any update? I'm still wondering which ones were marked completed. With that info, it should be a simple matter for the person involved to vouch for you. The transactions with me are still being held by PayPal.

ForThePeople [121]
2013-04-26 03:03:26
[11 years, 12 days ago]

Suggestion, take any bots back given to yolo also take the stars from yolo ed, its obvious he is buying time while getting the most out of the stars as he has shown 0 proof personally to you about the transactions where a simple screen shot between him and paypal would settle this.

yoloyo [134]
2013-04-27 14:33:59
[11 years, 11 days ago]

No update really to give, paypal has put a few off hold that are not related to the game. Yet to hear back from them about the bots4 payments and payment to fishwick. My guess is that Monday I'll know a lot more and give an update.

ForThePeople [121]
2013-04-28 12:20:22
[11 years, 10 days ago]

you should send a screenshot blanking out your account info, but showing that there has been a few accepted before his blind faith runs out and you get banned

Ender [1]
Administrator
2013-04-28 14:32:36
[11 years, 10 days ago]

Let's avoid speculation for now. PayPal is still reviewing the transactions, so I'll wait until there's a decision one way or the other before acting, assuming that doesn't take longer than, say, another week.

Ender [1]
Administrator
2013-05-02 03:12:19
[11 years, 6 days ago]

The transactions are still being reviewed by PayPal, but I have to set a deadline on this because it's been going on for too long. If the transactions have not been resolved by end-of-day Monday, May 6 (server time), I'll take all the stars back and begin soliciting requests to revert well-documented transactions with yoloyo.

Fishwick [131]
2013-05-06 07:09:05
[11 years, 2 days ago]

Both paypal transfers have been reversed, leaving me £52 in debt to paypal.

I now have control of Serpents again, though yolo made sure they were FUBAR'd, hopefully Ender can help me sort that out. Email's weren't set on the bots so I doubt Yolo even intended for this to be a permanent thing.

I'd recommend no-one do any deals with him.

yoloyo [134]
2013-05-06 07:55:47
[11 years, 2 days ago]

The reason they had no emails is because I cancelled them before giving them back to you, how hard is that for you to work out mate?

Yes, all payments were reversed by PayPay, this was not intended in any way. Also, deal with fishwick wasn't intended to go wrong and the bots were not supposed to be "FUBAR'd"

I've been trying to work with paypal with this whole situation and have been on the phone with them many times in the past week or so (it is not just bots payments that have failed I have also had other payments fall through). The reason for them reversing all of my payments is that at the time I was making purchases they wanted more information from me that I had yet to submit. I submitted all of the information 48 hours after the payments were disputed and they took a while to sort themselves out but it looks as if they have made their minds up.

I apologise to Ender, Fishwick and anyone else deals were made with before this happened. I didn't intend to do any wrong-doing.

Cheers.

yoloyo [134]
2013-05-06 08:15:27
[11 years, 2 days ago]

Here you go Fishwick: http://i.imgur.com/kNTBTrQ.png

Ender [1]
Administrator
2013-05-07 23:07:33
[11 years, 1 day ago]

To confirm, the transactions with me were indeed reversed. I have revoked the 61 stars in question, 6 of which were no longer perm'd on yoloyo's bot. I have also revoked the associated trophies and trophy points.

A few people asked whether there's going to be any sort of punishment for this. The answer is no, because there's no real indication that this was malintentioned or planned on yoloyo's part. AFAIK, yoloyo has been cooperative in reversing the trades he'd been involved with that did go through.

Going forward, I'd like to avoid these kinds of situations. It was a lot of hassle and wasted time/effort for all involved. I think the policy going forward will be that in the rare cases where a transaction is disputed/chargedback/flagged/whatever, I will immediately revoke the stars and only restore them if/when the transaction completes.

ProjectOne [150]
2013-05-09 19:31:02
[10 years, 364 days ago]

just incase you didnt know, he is still listed in donations on the home page. he didnt actually donate lol

Ender [1]
Administrator
2013-05-14 02:30:38
[10 years, 359 days ago]

Thanks, those are gone now. They're stored separately, so they weren't affecting anything other than the listing on the homepage.