Thanks to all who participated in the August 2012 Q&A! There were 38 votes on 7 questions from 12 people. Here are my responses, in order of question popularity:
1. (+8/-1) "how far off are tournaments?" - Spazz
Tournaments! This is probably the most-requested feature lately and the good news is that it is the next major project I am working on. The design is mostly fleshed out at this point and I've began preliminary coding work. To get you excited, here are some features it will have (disclaimer: some of it may change as the project evolves):
- Trophy awards for individual bots, including platinums.
- Trophy awards for clans, including platinums.
- Historical results on your bot profile.
- No level-adjustment formula. High-level bots rejoice!
- You won't be logged out while the tournament takes place.
I've historically been pretty bad with time estimates, but I'm aiming to have tournaments done by the end of the year.
2. (+6/-4) "captcha captcha captcha, do you still intend to replace it?" - Angelo
I currently have no plans of replacing captcha. Thinking long-term though, greatly decreasing its frequency and/or only using it in special circumstances isn't entirely out of the question, but that's really far down the road.
Also, I did some forum searches and wasn't able to uncover anything where I said I was planning on replacing captcha, though I say a great number of things and so this is certainly possible.
3. (+2/-0) "P2 W2 Trophy for collecting all trophies ("Paradox") Rather than doing an All for One style trophy, perhaps it could be broken down in to sub categories where the player is awarded a trophy for completely each sub type." - Nosferatu
This was just meant as a joke trophy I think, since in order to obtain it, you would first have to obtain it, thus the paradox.
As for your suggestion, that would require the game to know trophy groupings, which is actually something I want to do to improve the UI for them since right now it's just this mess of random trophies in a list. So I'm not against it, but there'd be some preliminary work to get through first.
4. (+2/-0) "Would it possible to have Manic Cranium's durability raised to 1200, to put it on par to that of the armor in its class, such as Troll Shoe, Raven Caw, & Satans Claw?" - Nosferatu
This isn't an unreasonable request, but my blanket response for equipment tweaks has been that I didn't want to change what bots2 had (just yet). For what it's worth, the durability on Manic is in line with the other unique helmets in its defense range. Only at 225 req str do you start to see 1200 durability helmets (Manic is 192).
5. (+3/-1) "Will Crystallized ArmoUr ever be Americanized? (drop the extra U)" - Draoi
6. (+4/-3) "Do you have any plans on making trophies for "top loosing" equivalent to the "top winners" trophies already in game?" - Mithrandon
Not really. Losses was intentionally left out of the HoF, as was the HoF rank in bot profiles.
7. (+2/-2) "I think if you changed Desert Boots to something more fun, like Dessert boots(how I read it in my head), a lot more people would enjoy this fantastic armor." - Draoi
This sounds like a sweet idea for a tasty browser extension.
8. (not from official Q&A) "Will freaking remain possible for the life of Bots4?" - Xplode
Almost certainly. This somewhat heated thread contains my views on the subject.
9. (not from official Q&A) "will the energy system remain as it is? so whores have been replaced with dumpers and you no longer play the majority of your time on your main bot?" - XplodeI imagine the players that spend a lot of time on non-main dumper bots are mostly the ones coming in at the top of the energy rankings each month and that this does not represent the majority. That being said, I do think it would be better for the game's long-term success for this to not be necessary to be a top player.