announcements

Ender [1]
Administrator
2016-05-15 22:21:41
[7 years, 347 days ago]

As you may remember, some high-end armors were added/updated last October. The absorb formula was also tweaked past 1600 defense. I'm happy to announce these changes are at long last reflected on Bots Unauthorized:

• The Build Calculator has the new/updated armors and uses the updated absorb formula after 1600 defense.
  • The Armors list has the new/updated items (as well as individual item pages too).
  • The Armor Planner has the new/updated non-unique armors.
  • The Game Formulas page has the post-1600 defense absorb formula.

Keep an eye out for errors. I spot-checked my work, but I definitely could have made a mistake. This codebase is extremely old (some parts are over 10 years old!) and was written when I was much less experienced, so it's not very maintainable. Updating it is pretty tedious and error-prone. If you spot anything wrong, just report it on this thread and I'll fix it up.

Footnote for those paying close attention: You might notice the "Old Calc" has been removed from the sidebar. For those that have been around a long time, I created this circa ~2006 before the days of Google Chrome and fast Javascript execution. It's different than the newer calculator in that all of its computation is done serverside instead of clientside. For example, when using the newer calculator in IE6, it would pause for tens of seconds (!) between each action. Anyway, in the interest of not carrying forward an obsolete tool for which a replacement exists, I didn't bother updating the armors or absorb formula on the old calc and instead removed it.

MrZal2 [100]
2016-05-15 23:05:59
[7 years, 347 days ago]

I have a sneaking suspicion this was done because me and Luthrin were talking about it on the bots4 chat today lol. Or maybe yesterday, stuff merges together sometimes.

Unless this was something you were intending on for a long time, it just seems funny that it just happened to hit the same day :P

TheCause [390]
2016-05-16 04:27:40
[7 years, 346 days ago]

attack and defense rating dont change when changing armors

l Omega l [94]
2016-05-16 09:28:03
[7 years, 346 days ago]

It has been foreseen by the prophets of bots4 :)

Luth

Ender [1]
Administrator
2016-05-16 21:35:11
[7 years, 346 days ago]

@MrZal2 - This has been at the top of my list for awhile because it's small and I'd said I'd get around to it soon, but yeah your IRC chatter the other day reminded me of it. I happened to have some time yesterday, so it was good timing.

@TheCause - I'd noticed that too, but my update was pretty much exclusively data-related (as opposed to the calculator business logic), so I assumed it was an existing issue. In any case, I went ahead and fixed it.

Regera [31]
2016-05-24 21:11:54
[7 years, 338 days ago]

Damage, Block, Absorb also do not update when changing armors. You have to change stat points for it to update.

Ender [1]
Administrator
2016-05-25 00:11:44
[7 years, 338 days ago]

Thanks for reporting, that should be fixed too now.

It's honestly surprising these bugs have surfaced now. I'm nearly certain this update couldn't have introduced them, which means they've probably been around for a very long time considering how old this tool is. Something doesn't add up though because it seems unlikely that they would have gone unreported this long...

M and V [60]
2016-05-25 09:14:19
[7 years, 337 days ago]

I noticed it awhile ago but didn't think much of it, i'd just click on an attribute click off the attribute and all number would correct.

MrZal2 [100]
2016-05-25 10:28:16
[7 years, 337 days ago]

For a person like me who was used to the old bots2 calculator, having a couple things misalign or having to do over was no big deal. You had to like, save every time you added a new piece of equipment and it would refresh and the page and that's if the plugin/Java or whatever didn't crash on you before you were done.

correlation [254]
2016-06-07 13:07:06
[7 years, 324 days ago]

alright ender.... i'll play some bots4 for a fleeting moment.