announcements

Forum > Announcements > Buff incentive #2 activated
Reply To Thread (login)
Ender [1]
Administrator
2022-02-13 15:37:05
[2 years, 65 days ago]

As noted would be happening in last week's announcement, up to 500 duration of the Hastened Adventure buff (10,000% battle speed) has been given out to all bots active since the start of 2020 (including new ones created since last week's announcement). As also noted previously, the catch is that this round won't put you higher than 500 total duration. In other words, if your bots had any Hastened Adventure duration remaining, it was wasted. :\

If you liked this mini-event and want to see more similar ones in the future, please reply to this thread saying so to help me gauge interest. I personally like the idea of mini-events like this with fixed time windows to utilize because I think it could help promote retention and it just seems like a fun thing to periodically do. The specifics of the type of benefit (buffs, showroom chances, etc.) and the exact mechanism are flexible as long as it fits the general idea of being a time-bound "use it or lose it" sort of thing.

Execute [401]
2022-02-13 16:22:12
[2 years, 65 days ago]

Anything new/different or time-saving is definitely welcome on my part.

Satanus Inaximasus [341]
2022-02-13 16:29:39
[2 years, 65 days ago]

tbh Ender doesnt matter what you do right now its going to be miles better than what you have given us in the last year or so

1MB [120]
2022-02-13 19:02:13
[2 years, 65 days ago]

The last game I was playing

The game owner would give little bonus on Christmas and new year.

It would be random stuff but it was fun.

Yeah keep up the little surprises.

spud [130]
2022-02-13 23:27:20
[2 years, 65 days ago]

Absolutely, variety/surprises/variation etc is always welcome. The speed buff particularly tied in well with the ability to reset bots for a lot of people no doubt so that was well thought out.

Off Tap [70]
2022-02-14 06:22:52
[2 years, 64 days ago]

The specifics of the type of benefit (buffs, showroom chances, etc.) and the exact mechanism are flexible as long as it fits the general idea of being a time-bound "use it or lose it" sort of thing.

+1 for time-based "use it or lose it" approach; especially to prevent the hoarding of buffs, like trophy points currently. For example, the buff will disappear after x amount of battles or, after a set time; whichever comes first.

Some 'time-based' suggestions:

• a double energy weekend, once per quarter (a consideration to time difference advantages may have to be given). This could be organised via a simple calendar on the documentation page, specifying the dates it would occur to give each clan a fighting chance.
  • 30 minute (non-unique) or, one hour (unique) showroom delivery for a 24 hour period each month (random day and never pre-announced, to encourage activity).

A more permanent change:

• (based off of what spud said above) 1000% Hastened Adventure buff for the first 100 trains/fights after a bot reset (non-stackable) - side thought to include this for new bots as well, the 60 second fight times can seem daunting for new players and it would be practical to implement this for new bots at the same time. (Ender, I do believe you have visited this subject prior however, a timely reminder if we are on the subject of promoting retention).

Anyway, my two cents.

Sir Chimpus [65]
2022-02-14 08:12:54
[2 years, 64 days ago]

i agree with the 2nd part of your post Offtap with the buffs on reset that would be great but the part when u mention for 24 hrs the 1 hour showroom delivery, its practically there you have !jane in chat she pops every 1min-2hrs max so i doubt that would be a thing really and you order what you want and if your lucky u may even wait less then 1 hr to get what you want and also jane is free too OP !!! XD

Execute [402]
2022-02-14 13:50:02
[2 years, 64 days ago]

I don't agree with any of it tbh, double energy weekend would be too unbalanced for obvious reasons(those that work on weekends or are busy etc), 1000% hastened wouldn't change anything and would actually make it harder(for new players) since you would be getting 33% of the kudos/exp as usual. Jane is way too OP and should either be removed or made less frequent IMO.

Escobar [1]
2022-02-15 00:33:20
[2 years, 64 days ago]

So when you already can dominate the game having all resource you need don’t allow new players use any extra buffs or extra showroom right Pot let the game die by itself let’s remove Jane completely and see how many new players will be willing to refresh the room for couple hours and spend couple month trying to build some dumpers

Sinister Shadows [383]
2022-02-15 00:57:44
[2 years, 64 days ago]

most new players dont know what jane is

Satanus Inaximasus [341]
2022-02-15 02:24:15
[2 years, 64 days ago]

Most new players don't stay long enough to even find out who or what Jane is lol

Execute [402]
2022-02-15 02:44:23
[2 years, 63 days ago]

We have the resources we need because we took the time and made the effort to build them.

It's not about making new players struggle lol, the idea of camping is you sit in the showroom and refresh until the item comes but with Jane you dont even need to be in the showroom so it defeats the whole purpose really doesn't it? Maybe removing Jane would be a bit hardcore but I think being able to force an item of any rarity into the showroom sometimes every ten minutes is very OP, like I said that's just my opinion.

Zizu [150]
2022-02-15 23:53:02
[2 years, 63 days ago]

Theres alot of options to play with you could do a monthly theme where you rotate monthly speed xp energy buffs and pick a random day of the week to drop a buff say weds-weds so people have time to burn the buff and get the new one. Unused ones get removed at end of month etc.

As for showroom month same thing just pick various days throughout a month to have showroom have increased chances or just show everything for 24 hours. The comment for things like targeting just a weekend for a buff would cut some people that work the weekend off but the player base is so small and focused It wouldnt effect much tbh.

spud [130]
2022-02-16 03:06:52
[2 years, 62 days ago]

I owe a few of you a beer! Never knew Jane existed/was until it was mentioned in here and I went looking through the forums for an explanation...derp!

<3

jaffar666 [46]
2022-02-16 17:24:08
[2 years, 62 days ago]

All this time and never knew about Jane XD whoops lol my bad

zone4 [34]
2022-02-22 13:22:15
[2 years, 56 days ago]

YES

Forum > Announcements > Buff incentive #2 activated
Reply To Thread (login)