suggestions

NoticeMeShoypai1 [108]
2017-05-06 22:00:49
[6 years, 327 days ago]

As it currently stands in the top 100 energy, some bots have been idle for a very, very long time with very few wins, the lowest I can find being 5k wins, but having over 3.1 million energy by a combination of the old idle energy formula and the new one. It's fairly stupid that in order to achieve this by actually trying one win at a time without buffs would equal some 200,000 wins or 100,000 wins with buffs. Shouldn't a bot that's actually trying to achieve top 100 get top 100? So my idea is to make wins equal to energy gained, so for 100k wins with buffs, 3.2 million would be equivalent or so, not the 10k to 5k that current bots have.

It just doesn't make much sense to me is all.

Gpof2 [131]
2017-05-07 00:50:36
[6 years, 327 days ago]

Yea it is pretty absurd, getting nice monthly trophies is nice to soften the blow though. I'm a little confused as to what your suggesting for the change though. Making wins always lined up with the energy it would have taken could only happen if there's no EPH. If that were the case, there'd be no energy to take. Maybe you could elaborate on that a bit more.

Fishwick [134]
2017-05-07 07:07:13
[6 years, 327 days ago]

Not entirely sure the solution you're suggesting, but I do agree certain bots from pre-EPH cap have a huge advantage

NoticeMeShoypai1 [108]
2017-05-07 12:04:33
[6 years, 327 days ago]

Sure, I'll elaborate a bit more. The idea is to reduce the amount of idle pre-EPH change bots in the top 100. I know the game has been around for 5 years or so and if those bots were making 60 EPH since then it would have gave them 60 x 24 x 365 x 5 = 2,628,000 energy. Other than just staying in a clan and having 5k or 10k wins, they did not earn that energy by activity. So we essentially award them for paying clan taxes while others have to now fight 100,000-400,000 wins (from buffs to regular dumping) to beat some idle bots for a bronze trophy. And we can't just idle more bots because those idle bots have a 3 million energy advantage.

So my idea is to make the top 100 a bit more proactive. If a bot gained 50k wins and earned an average of 20 energy per fight in the past year, that 1,000,000 energy should be reflected in the top 100 energy rather than a 5 year old idle bot. The idea of wins = or > energy is an anti-idle measure where bots with 5k wins and 3 million energy would be taken out of the top 100 and replaced with bots that earned the energy actively. Right now it just looks ridiculous having 3 million energy bots with 5k wins in the top 100 when there's other bots with 100k wins and 2 million energy that have earned it actively. We should reward activity and not idleness. The only downside I could see is those 5k wins bots could gain 195k wins and essentially look like they earned their 3 million energy, but I'm sure not many would do that.

Fishwick [134]
2017-05-07 12:11:15
[6 years, 327 days ago]

Rewarding activity is cool, but the all time HoF should also value longevity I think, not just past year performance or for example Neps and Shoe wouldn't be in the all time HoF which seems wrong.

What about if only energy gained, rather than generated, was counted for that stat? Though I'm not really sure that's possible, depending on how Ender stores it

John Wick [124]
2017-05-07 15:46:52
[6 years, 327 days ago]

I see what he's saying. If you look at the HOF (lifetime) energy rankings at #46 to 100, those bots all have under 4 million energy. Even for some above that amount, it looks like they have generated probably all of that from sitting in an inactive dumper or storage clan collecting 60 EPH for years. Some of them have not been logged in to for 1 year and 241 days. Some look like they have been logged in to but they obviously have not been fighting for any energy.

After saying that, it asks the question of why? Why do they rate a position in the top 100? A player would need to have Gpof2 like months of 2 million for a few straight months in order to break in to the top 100 because these bots are still going to be generating 60 EPH energy while the player is trying to score 1 or 2 million. And how many people are going to be scoring like Gpof can? Not many so all of these dumpers and (apparently) higher level whores will just keep pulling ahead and nobody could reasonably expect to get in to the top 100.

The only solution would be to go back to the old Bots 2 CS method (and we know thats not going to happen) or set some sort of inactivity mark that would turn off these bots energy production when they reach a certain time limit for inactivity. Or even have 2 top 100s one for inactive bots and one for active players and it could probably be based upon the numbers of log ins they have had in say the previous 6 months or something like that.

Why are we even wasting the time discussing this because its highly unlikely that this (rather) unfair situation for active players will ever be looked in to never mind be fixed. With that said, who cares, I don't. NoticeMeShoypai1, its a nice suggestion and topic but you would be better to not let it bother you, this has been discussed in the past so better to ignore it.

Gpof2 [131]
2017-05-07 16:52:38
[6 years, 327 days ago]

Having two separate energy pools might be a viable solution. Something along the lines of total energy (which includes generated energy, as well as any energy losses), and the other being energy taken. Energy taken being the HoF tracked one would achieve what you're trying to address.

The only thing I wouldn't like about this would be the energy taken pool being untouchable. Personally I like being able to attack my opponents directly as it makes the game more intimate and fun. Ender also likes the idea of realwars so I think that's pretty important to note. It'd allow for extremely shitty builds to score competitively since you wouldn't be able to take away from how much they score. I suppose some people would like that since it would be a step closer to clanscore, but I think anything inbetween the current system and clanscore would just leave a sour taste in everyones mouth.

The inherent nature of this game when it comes to the longevity in rankings is pretty hard to overcome. I think most of us are pretty open to making a change regarding this, but finding a solution without making something else unfair or changing other aspects of the energy system is extremely difficult.

Esvrainzas [250]
2017-05-08 03:35:54
[6 years, 326 days ago]

Ender certainly keep track of energy generated vs. energy gained to calculate the monthly multiplier of energy of a bot. For example, my energy multiplier now is x4.51, and idle bots have x1.00.

I'm not sure if this amount is kept when monthly records are reset though.

This being said, I agree with Fishwick that the energy hall of fame should reflect only energy gained and not energy generated. However, this would help low level scorers that have an EPH<60. Maybe it's a good idea to have two types of HoF for energy: the current and one with just energy gained.

Zord [64]
2017-05-08 04:43:02
[6 years, 326 days ago]

Agreed... With 3 years of inactivity, you generate a load of energy, that new players will take for ever to reach..