complaints

Forum > Complaints > "As for freaking"
Reply To Thread (login)
Triumph [122]
2013-01-25 11:15:07
[11 years, 116 days ago]

"As for freaking, as others have pointed out, it doesn't really affect the clan competition that much because it's just not how the game is played at that level."

Slightly angry at this comment, Freaking is a luxury reserved for those who own or have access to stars (i have more than enough stars to freak) this gives some an unfair advantage over others. Being forced to play outside of the rules has its side effects, constantly having to replace armor, higher repair bills and the annoying juggling of gear to equip the bits you want. That is if you choose to fight on your main bot instead of making tens if not hundreds of dumper bots in order to gain score.

The reason I feel freaking is unfair is because a normal well built (not even perfect build) bot will lose an extremely high percent of the time, this is extremely demoralizing. Also nobody seems to address freaking vs perfect freaking. I have freaked a bot, someone freaked theirs better, I lost 70% of the time, go figure. I also know of someone that actually quit the game because their non freaked bot was an energy target for someone, they felt they were being bullied and quit.

Call me old fashioned but I really enjoyed bots 2, i liked that i could make a few whore bots for me, my clan mates and those whom my clan was friendly with (or atleast those who swapped a war slot for a war slot) and we could all gain score in an in my opinion fun way to play and once that was in place the only hardship was getting a bit of kudos every now and then, oh woe was me, having to score on one bot for 20 mins while i gained kudos to carry on with my rampage.

I've said it before and i'll say it again, I don't like energy, I despise captcha, I loved clan score and jans index, i liked having diplomacy.

Shorter version; in order to compete with the rest you are forced to play in a way that is unenjoyable and in my opinion, shit. I loved the clan score system, I hate the energy system. floR may not have delt with all the cheaters but enders the sheriff in town, he felt the same pain we did and he's on our side so we can put those concerns to rest. However I do feel that if ender actually knew how to prevent freaking, he probably would, its broken dude, fix it. Some call me when the games more fun.

Lots of love!

~Angelo

User Name [281]
2013-01-25 13:24:11
[11 years, 116 days ago]

I thought you already posted one of these, "WAAHH, WAAHHH WAAAHHH" post where you cry about how the game has changed, you can't adapt, you want the old way back, and to "call you when it changes"........

Triumph [122]
2013-01-25 13:43:59
[11 years, 116 days ago]

Who the fuck are you and why do I care? What do old people like to do? Complain and ramble on about the good old days :p I can't adapt because, well see rant.

Jans [87]
2013-01-25 14:10:11
[11 years, 116 days ago]

However I do feel that if ender actually knew how to prevent freaking, he probably would

It's not broken.. He allows for this.

Triumph [122]
2013-01-25 17:07:14
[11 years, 116 days ago]

That I didn't know and is actually worse.

User Name [281]
2013-01-25 20:50:25
[11 years, 116 days ago]

Lol, I'm Nosferatu. I've been here just as long as you have, if not longer. I also don't particularly enjoy the new methods of the game. I think "freaking" is a very bad aspect. It most definitely doesn't need stars to achieve, however it is completely ridiculous to believe anyone would achieve freaking a bot without them(stars). The amount of time and kudos it would require is absurd.

I however did adapt. I made a near 20 bot clan of freaked bots just for the fuck of it. My main in Eternal is freaked. I also built (or had built) 30 "dumpers" for my personal use to compete in the energy race. The game has changed. You either change with it or you get left out in the cold.

Ender [1]
Administrator
2013-01-26 17:26:52
[11 years, 115 days ago]

This has been a dead horse for awhile now. If you really want to discuss freaking, at least read some of the history. It exists because I want it to, not because I haven't figured out how to stop it (I'm not sure how you arrived at this odd conclusion).

bots4 is different than bots2. Things change. Some will like it, some won't.

Triumph [122]
2013-02-16 11:34:59
[11 years, 94 days ago]

Love you nos!

Ender I hold my hands up to not reading the history and misrecollecting things i've seen on the forum, i was under a different impression, i had similar recollection about craptcha, clearly my own bias. Despite my rants i'm extremely grateful you rebuilt the game I just wish it was a bit more like it used to be, as you might have guessed :p

~Angelo

Cosby [145]
2013-02-16 20:39:15
[11 years, 94 days ago]

Without a doubt, freaking your bot is WAAAY easier if you have stars...preferably 10+. I have 22 stash spaces on this bot :P

Is it really fair? No...but whining about it isn't going to get anybody anywhere. Buy some stars.

New Alan [100]
2013-02-16 22:24:03
[11 years, 94 days ago]

The most you should ever need is 12 stars. 3 sets of armors.

Cosby [145]
2013-02-16 22:27:41
[11 years, 94 days ago]

Never hurts to have 2 of every piece of armor. Training armor, +str armor, +dex armor...

Never hurts to have backup weapons or a backup shield either. Never hurts to have backups of backups either.

Gouken [56]
2013-02-17 09:29:32
[11 years, 93 days ago]

I don't really see the problem with freaking.
You can do it without stars and people mostly just use dumpers instead of fighting with their mainbots anyways.

Trio [309]
2013-02-17 10:00:04
[11 years, 93 days ago]

Well, once the trophy points run out, gotta buy more stars to get more :)

Triumph [123]
2013-02-17 12:27:58
[11 years, 93 days ago]

I've got 12 stars, freaking yes is an interesting thing it breaks old moulds, we are as we are :)

Forum > Complaints > "As for freaking"
Reply To Thread (login)