complaints

MrZal2 [100]
2017-08-06 17:08:00
[6 years, 264 days ago]

Somebody magically comes on with bots I made that I gave to Rith then he sold to Ville and yet are still used by others even though Ville got banned awhile ago. And then I ask Ender if I could have them back in comparison that neither of them play anymore and I never actually made money off the ordeal, but no, it would set a "bad precedent". "I'd have to do it for everyone then". Pfft. Letting cheaters play for years is not my fault. Instead of having someone that would use them or at least reset them, he just said it because he obviously just didn't want to go through the process of doing them all.

Just another story about how people have pissed me off on this game is all. I don't blame Ender for my mistake of letting them go or anything, I just wished they would've all been banned or reset when Ville was banned. Same with Alan's bots etc.

This was brought on by seeing a clan called Woodoo pop up btw, I made all the Kudowoodo bots, along with quite a number of others.

Esvrainzas [250]
2017-08-06 18:20:36
[6 years, 264 days ago]

So Ville clanned them? If not, who did it?

Doosan [9]
2017-08-06 19:17:09
[6 years, 264 days ago]

Enders useless. You should get those bots back or they should all be reset. Everything in this game is his fault and to say otherwise is pure BS. He should either start doing something or he should get out of the game all together. Maybe let somebody else that will do something other than nothing run it.

Hey Ender at least get your arse on the forum just one time and tell the players what your intentions are other than saying nothing and doing nothing. Man up and grow some.

Don't you think you at the least owe an explanation to the many long term players that have supported the game for years? You made some money over the years so you should at least tell people whats going on. People are still buying stars and still you don't show. You should be ashamed of yourself.

If you intend on doing nothing then say that so people know whats going on. If you are going to shut it down then say it. Then you can disappear again.

I have never seen a game admin in my many years of playing numerous games on the internet treat (especially) the long term players like you do.

Well????????? Say something why don't you. Be a man about it. You are pitiful plain and simple.

Sully [129]
2017-08-06 19:30:58
[6 years, 264 days ago]

i hope ender never sees that post

Esvrainzas [250]
2017-08-06 19:47:26
[6 years, 264 days ago]

Please be a man and quit playing bots. What you wrote do nothing for the good of this game. It's because people like you that Ender stopped posting.

This game was made by Ender and he decides what should be done, not long term players. However, he usually listen our opinions (constructive ones) but then the final decision is made by Ender. We just have to accept his decisions if we want to continue to play the game. If we cant accept them, then just leave the game.

(Always the same talk but it seems it needs to be repeated because posts like this keep poping up)

Gpof2 [131]
2017-08-06 20:46:15
[6 years, 264 days ago]

Yea it's a really shitty scenario to be in. I'm surprised the aftermath of Ville still hasn't settled.

Hey Ender at least get your arse on the forum just one time and tell the players what your intentions are

You must spend as much time reading the forums as you seem to think Ender is on them. He has done this.

Bazza [68]
2017-08-07 08:41:15
[6 years, 263 days ago]

I can tell you that I clanned these bots and that Ville gave them to me along with stars and other bots

Pothead [110]
2017-08-07 10:59:13
[6 years, 263 days ago]

I seem to be reminded of ville every time I get a captcha, it's quite annoying.

MrZal2 [100]
2017-08-07 11:19:20
[6 years, 263 days ago]

To answer Esv's question, Ville gave some, if not all the passes away to other people. As Bazza said, he's the one who clanned them. I think Luthrin also got a hold of some of the passes. This tends to be something done in Eternal but also by cheaters since they don't really care about what happens to their bots when they are found out. He did pay for them, but like an idiot he also cheated so you can't say he was the smartest person on this game.

But since we're on the topic of cheaters, if Ender or somebody else were to go through and clean up all the cheating on this game, it would take a lot of time. Wiping all Ville's bots, records, and Eternal's wins for that time would take some hours by themselves. On top of that there is Tintin, skipper, Alan, that whole Destiny clan of his that was full of cheaters, etc. and that's just the known cheaters. There are undefined ones still.

Also, in the Cheater Punishment thread, Ender said himself:

• All your other bots are locked and reset, trophies deleted. Bot buyers beware!
  • All stars purchased/owned are forfeit.

Which means that those bots should've been locked and reset since they were owned by Ville. I did get 50 or so of them back from Rith though, the ProperEnglish bots. But he never sold them I don't think. I thought there was a larger thread of it in the forum but all I could find was this.

And just since we're on the topic, I did say awhile ago that I was given Alan's old AC script that was modified. I gave it to Ender and he gave me 24 hours to test it out (I hated it anyway). Funny enough, the basic script is still online, easily found. It has like 200 views lol. The modified one had a bit more, but alas, I can't find it.

I did take some pictures of the showroom camping feature of it though:

http://imgur.com/a/e8Fam

Now whether or not it still works I do not know. Ender told me to be quiet about it, but then when I asked him if it was fixed, he never answered me. I haven't used it since. So I'd rather you all know about it rather than let Ender keep everyone in the dark forever.

Also, fun fact, something I found when looking for the script through Google again:

[09:54:02]    samulii and chriseps is autoclicker
[09:54:08]  samulii so who cares
[09:54:25]  NBA thats what i mean i swear these a like people that have been banned
[09:54:39]  NBA just mass making bots and being annoying
[09:54:42]  Baddest sam, you got proofs?
[09:54:46]  samulii its just The Willederness who has been banned
[09:54:50]  samulii Baddest: just look at his profile
[09:54:52]  samulii played time
[09:54:54]  samulii wins trains
[09:55:05]  Baddest yeah i saw
[09:55:08]  Baddest its possible
[09:55:22]  Baddest i wrote to him many times
[09:55:28]  Baddest and he replied quickly
[09:55:30]  samulii builts 45days ago, 57k wins 28k trains
[09:55:38]  samulii he got stuck when gpof onlined him
[09:55:44]  samulii which was even more suspicious
[09:56:03]  Baddest i make 1k trains every day and i play lik 6-7h
[09:56:32]  samulii yeah and that guy has trained and fought for over 2k per day
[09:56:44]  samulii and his fights arent against windumpers or anything
[09:56:53]  samulii he fights for experience
[09:57:07]  Baddest hmm yeah its suspicious
[09:57:32]  Baddest but still possible

https://www.nordicbots.com/?id=73&net=quakenet&cid=76865&year=2017&month=8&day=4

The entire idea of this thread is simply to show the sheer size of cheating on this game, how people are cheating, and how Ender doesn't do enough to punish or prevent said cheating or give props to people that don't cheat. By making this game a "hobby", he inadvertently opened up the flood gates to "just do whatever you want while I'm away or working". This game isn't ran like a game, which I've said before, it's ran more like if somebody just wanted to make a single player game and be done with it forever. Multiplayer games need a lot more tweaking, balancing, and banning against cheaters to make them even seem like a fair fight. When the developers give up, the cheaters win, as all MP games have shown.

Fishwick [134]
2017-08-07 13:22:36
[6 years, 263 days ago]

A few things to note

a) All along the games development, Ender has been pretty clear that this is a hobby for him, not a full time job. Anything he does we should be thankful for, he's not required to do anything in the same way full time game developers are. There is no subscription, you aren't paying him to do anything and thus shouldn't expect constant updates other than keeping the game online (which to be fair to him, he's pretty good with any server related issues). Donations are exactly that. When people buy stars, they are helping a guy with a hobby/side project, not funding a developer to work full time on something.

b) People keep rabbiting on that he's not clear what his intentions are, as Gpof as said, he's been pretty clear. He's relatively vague on what updates might come, but longer term players know never to expect anything. I'm not sure why a few members of the community have suddenly decided that they should be getting weekly updates of his thought process. Enders contact moves in cycles depending on his real-life commitments and ability to commit time to development. His last big post was a response to a few nasty members of the community saying he should be doing more, and he said at that time that he will be staying away from the forums because they've become toxic. There is nothing I as a player want Ender to clarify. He's set up the game and isn't doing much to it, just because a very small percentage of the community constantly bitch and whine for specific updates doesn't mean they are coming, or that Ender has to comment on them. If Ender wants to change something, he'll tell us. Silence means nothing is planned, or at least nothing that he publicly wants to announce, do you really need him to post a message every month saying "same as usual guys, I've got nothing for you"?

c) As for cheating, I do agree there is more that could be done, but I suppose its a balancing act. However, obviously he's not going to mention much of it publicly. If it helps, I can say I've been in touch with Ender relatively recently about something and we're looking into it. When it comes to cheaters, being public about things just lets them try to not get caught. If you've any cheating suspicions, take it to Ender and monitor it yourself, mentioning it publicly just gives them a chance to get away with it.

d) I don't agree that anyone who sold bots to a cheater should get them back. You benefited by selling them, anything after that has nothing to do with you. There are various bots that weren't reset/locked at the time, but thats because Ville had his fingers in so many pies. Honest players should not be clanning or logging onto bots of a known cheater, if Ender looks into those in the future, you would then be implicated with cheating and could fairly expect all your bots to suffer the same fate. I personally have access to some bots that were Villes that I probably shouldn't have, but I don't use them, and never would.

If you intend on doing nothing then say that so people know whats going on.

He essentially has. Stop ignoring anything he does say just because you weren't happy with it. No-one but an exceptionally small part of the community are looking for Ender to clarify anything. Games staying as it is, if you enjoy it, cool, play it, if not, go play another game. Oldschool Runescape is a game that is pretty much entirely dictated by its very toxic community, mostly for the worse as they are a bunch of trolls and kids, maybe you would be better off there.

Update: I found the link. Here are some key quotes:

First, I'm going to login less frequently.

and

Second change is that I'm going to discuss ideas and changes less ahead of time with the community.

Let's stop pretending Ender isn't doing what he's promised and the community expect of him. He is. It's just 1 or 2 folks that want to change the game and are throwing a hissy fit because those changes aren't being made. I want to be able to draw 2 cards every turn in hearthstone instead of 1, but I don't make a thread on the blizzard forums every month wondering why they haven't made my change, and I pay those guys!

Last thing, to be clear I think there are two separate issues here. Cheating shouldn't be tolerated and we need to do anything we can to weed out the bastards, but constant communication from Ender (about anything) is different to that and shouldn't be expected.

Pothead [110]
2017-08-07 13:37:48
[6 years, 263 days ago]

Yaaaaaawn..I'm sure I've heard all this before, I'm on the fence I don't particularly like or dislike ender because he doesn't give me much reason to do either. I can see both sides there has to be a reason people are fed up with him and of course there is the mods like fishwick and people in escapism who think the game is fine because they are winning are always going to lick his ass so much it's painful to read. Basically the same as most other threads I guess... Zal has valid points and fishwick Gpof esvrainzas are quick to jump in and defend him with terrible comparisons etc, boring.

If Enders so great then people wouldn't be so pissed off, it's not a small part of the community.

Fishwick [134]
2017-08-07 13:54:15
[6 years, 263 days ago]

Why does this always come down to clans? None of this is clan related, carry on proving you can't think critically or consider anything outside what the little bit of text under my name says.

Pothead [110]
2017-08-07 13:59:49
[6 years, 263 days ago]

Lol it doesn't come down to clans.. I'm stating what I have observed and over the past year or so it only seems to be the same people defending him whilst numerous others slate him quite consistently whether it's by forum or what I see more regularly by Bmail from people who don't want to post publicly.

Osh [72]
2017-08-07 20:42:48
[6 years, 263 days ago]

Tbh the games perfect for now. Couldn't give 2 shits about updates. Most people whinge on how the game will never get updated and so on, but yet still here playing the game... If I didn't like the way things are I would of left. :)

MrZal2 [100]
2017-08-08 10:02:34
[6 years, 262 days ago]

A) I know it's a hobby to him. The people who are cheating don't think it's a hobby, they are exploiting him. Knowing that he works hard and doesn't have much time for the game allows them to wreak havoc without much concern for any consequences, like Ville giving away stars and bots before he got caught (which I used Ender's own words, should have all been locked and reset). The idea that the clan records should be set straight is just something I think would be nice.

B) That's a lot of words to talk about nothing lol.

C) Ender doesn't respond to my bmails anymore. I can't tell when he's online. I'm not one of his Facebook friends anymore so I can't talk to him that way either. Last time I talked with him I had to make a meeting time 3 days ahead of time to tell him about the autoclicker. I also didn't accuse anyone new of cheating in this thread, that chat log was something that's publicly available and I didn't have anything to do with it. I'm talking about dealing with the past as it keeps coming up as a problem now.

D) If you read my post, I didn't benefit at all. I gave those bots to Rith because I didn't want to sell them personally but I wanted to quit the game. I hoped he would get a fair offer for them to help his living arrangements. So I gave my bots away and someone else actually benefited. My idea in the recovery of them was to simply let them have some use in the game again rather than sit idle forever and waste space.

Also, Hearthstone sucks.

Chriseps [157]
2017-08-08 11:07:20
[6 years, 262 days ago]

Just happened to catch my name on this post. I dont like to be called a cheater, especially when i'm not cheating..

[09:54:02] samulii and chriseps is autoclicker and so on and so on.. (mr zals post)

so.. fu sam ;) i'm a noob, not a cheater.. no hard feelings tho.. i can understand why a pro like you would be suspiscious..

just felt i had to reply to that, i wont mix in with the general discussion here, since i'm too new to b4 to have a qualified opinion about it..

Nosferatu [280]
2017-08-08 11:31:20
[6 years, 262 days ago]

Server reset?

Bazza [68]
2017-08-08 14:50:52
[6 years, 262 days ago]

Just for the record, Ville apologized to me for his errors and offered to purchase me some stars from Ender, this happened during the time he was trying to sort out the mess with Ender. I think it was about 5 stars, I then asked Ville as he was leaving the game, if he could give me any bots, which he did.

Bazza [68]
2017-08-08 18:54:20
[6 years, 262 days ago]

I have declan those Kudowoodo bots as I was asked to by Fishwick. I declan them because I'm a honest player and I've never cheated.

kargoth [65]
2018-04-13 21:08:59
[6 years, 14 days ago]

So... this BS is why Ender hasn't replied to my mail about recovering some old accounts. :(

Awesome.

Ender [1]
Administrator
2018-04-16 02:48:44
[6 years, 12 days ago]

I reply to pretty much all bmails. I hadn't replied to your bmail yet because I'd been offline a few days. I've responded now.

Also, this is an old thread from when I was on a long break. I didn't read everything here, but from skimming, there's a good amount of frustration about former cheaters still being around. That's fair. I'm aiming to be more on top of this going forward because I recognize it's been a major pain point for the game for some time now.

That said, I think this old thread has run its course and there's no use in letting it drag on.

*click*