complaints

Forum > Complaints > Name theft
Reply To Thread (login)
Luthrin Tourney 80 [79]
2019-02-20 07:55:36
[5 years, 63 days ago]

I started building tourney specific bots with my bots tag name(luthrin), much like this bot.

Luthrin tourney 100 Luthrin Tourney 90 Luthrin tourney 80

now the problem is, i came on this morning to start my Luthrin Tourney 70 only to noticed that 40 hours ago someone started new level one bots named Luthrin Tourney 60, Luthrin Tourney 50, Luthrin tourney 40. I mean this identity theft was soo thorough the person even went higher than my ratio whores would allow and build Luthrin Tourney 150, Luthrin tourney 160, all the way up to level 300!!!!

Now, Ender, this is a very clear theft of my bots name and also very clearly done to antagonize and quite frankly it shouldn't be allowed. If this goes on without any kind of consequence, I will certianly take advatage of this and start using other players names in my new bots and i doubt the community will appreciate some of the names I can come up with. So please ender can we some how deter people from stealing bot names?

reborn [150]
2019-02-20 08:36:43
[5 years, 63 days ago]

I once told you that it's fifty, he did it to me once as well. :) You don't listen, everything similar to that in this game, he does, ender can check it over IP, I think.

Luthrin Tourney 80 [79]
2019-02-20 08:53:55
[5 years, 63 days ago]

I'm going to get a petition for everyone in the bots community to sign so Ender can start taking this seriously! all of those bots are now just going to sit there which is just another clear indication that these bots were not only created to not only dismantle and disrupt a regular players grown and expansion.. I truly believe that considering those circumstances a different approach needs to be takin when considering these matters. they happen often and to several other players. In fact this isn't the first time that it has happened to me. So please Ender, it's a quick fix in these scenarios, delete the bots created out of ill-intent and reinstate them to their clear owner! Luthrin! 15 years of playing this game, please consider, cheers.

Luthrin Tourney 80 [79]
2019-02-20 09:04:29
[5 years, 63 days ago]

Please fellow bots players, sign my petition to uphold the age old concept of identity and having the right to establish your own without outside forces hindering you, especially when it is blatant and clear. Please sign by simply leaving your tag, your name, the identity you choose for yourslef when you decided to take on a decades old relationship with this beautiful text based game.

Fishwick [135]
2019-02-20 09:37:19
[5 years, 63 days ago]

Happened to me a while ago, but it's fair game really. You don't own the word Luthrin, and anyone is welcome to make bots with whatever name they like. If you don't want them to be stolen, make the set of names you intend to use first before starting to play on the set

Luthrin Tourney 80 [80]
2019-02-20 09:48:28
[5 years, 63 days ago]

I'm sorry you feel that way fish, but some poeple take pride in their bot name and surley would prefer that people dont make such bots just to intaginize and belittle another player. I mean its 2019 dude, get with the times, people dont want heir names smeared over social networks, wether you like it or not, this game has a social circle and that binds it to law that no one should steal intellectual property

Luthrin Tourney 80 [80]
2019-02-20 09:51:15
[5 years, 63 days ago]

plus youre already a thief Fishwick, I gave you a star which cost 13$ american for 300 battles on one of your high level bots. you still owe me 77 of those and refuse to give me whats mine, so when it comes to discussing this matter your credibility in minimal if not zilch.

Fishwick [135]
2019-02-20 09:53:27
[5 years, 63 days ago]

The word Luthrin is not your intellectual property.

The reason someone is doing this to you is to wind you up. Well done, you've made it clear they've succeeded and they will almost certainly do it again in the future.

Luthrin Tourney 80 [80]
2019-02-20 10:05:52
[5 years, 63 days ago]

Wow what a display of care that a MOD should convey to a new player.. that their name could be used by other players even when it is clear whom the name belongs to through i.p addresses. There is only one fishwick on this game and there is only one luthrin. dont pretend that with this text based game the word, "Luthrin" was my creation, my established named from the very beginning. The one only "exists" within this games because of me

Gpof2 [131]
2019-02-20 11:13:12
[5 years, 63 days ago]

You're right, there is only one "Luthrin", and only one "Luthrin Tourney 80" etc. How about the people who want their original names that have already been taken before they had a presence on the game? I think complaining about it is dumb to begin with, but even disregarding that, trying to enforce something like this would be a pointless waste of time.

wether you like it or not, this game has a social circle and that binds it to law that no one should steal intellectual property

Clearly you have no clue how intellectual property works, so that's a bold (i.e. ignorant) claim to say there's any trace of law that could be applied to this.

Like Fish suggested, if you're going to make a "chain" of names, do all of them in advance to try and avoid this scenario. Posting and trying to make a big deal over something so petty is also just enabling whoever did it and giving them kicks.

El Hefe [384]
2019-02-20 12:05:01
[5 years, 63 days ago]

how about a petition where cali gives me his 'Eps' for free ^^

further more my maplely leafy buddy, tbh im actually with most of the guys here: you cant force people not to use your name in their own bots names, and you cant force ender to cancel those bots.. tho its a kinda lame thing to do from the name-claimer, hey, they were first :p

thats why i actually already claimed all the bots names im planning to build for the next 5 years.. people called me paranoid, but hey, look who's laughing now! well.. not me tbh, my gout has reared his ugly head this morning, being old sucks!

hater [91]
2019-02-21 00:52:58
[5 years, 63 days ago]

Another drama od stupid retard...do many years spent on playing simple game and u still make simple mistakes. Btw reborn fuck u and your stupidy.

Ender [1]
Administrator
2019-02-21 02:28:31
[5 years, 63 days ago]

Yeah, this form of griefing has happened from time to time. I'm sorry it happened to you. Others have already covered everything I was going to add to this topic:

• My best advice going forward is to create all the bots in a "series" all at once.
  • I agree with what was said about how giving this so much attention is likely exactly what the griefer wanted.
  • Policing and enforcing this would take a lot of manual effort for relatively little gain.
  • The game actually doesn't support true bot deletion.

A side note regarding the topic of identity (that risks derailing this thread): I've mentioned this in passing a few times over the years, but I do one day want to change the game's user model so that everyone has a single login account (this would be your identity) from which you can create and manage an arbitrary number of bots. This would obviously be a big change and needs more thought, but it's sort of relevant here because currently identity is generally tied to individual bots. And if this idea scares you, don't freak out - it's still a long ways off and I'd share more details and solicit feedback before really moving forward on it.

Luthrin [101]
2019-02-21 09:35:04
[5 years, 62 days ago]

Well, I'm glad my posts spark discussions on the matter at least. To simply thrust it aside without any careful considerations does a dis-service to the game. to make me (the victim) feel wrong for speaking our or to feel like an idiot for posting this is essentially what is wrong with this world.

Someone deviously went out of their way to cause harm and create friction, and the only response from our trusted MODS is ,"Shut up, stop shining a light on the issue" In fact they even go as far as to argue that by shining a light on this very clear harassment of a player somehow strengthens the offenders position because people will now see that there is an asshole out there that will resort to petty means of spitefulness and child's play.. that by shining a light on Hater bot I.D# 37018 whom onlines at any chance he can and creates numerous amount of bots with other players names in them is OK...

How I respond so such tactics is whats put under the microscope??.... yeah i can't imagin that you guys are in any actual job position in life to make serious critical judgement cause from what i can read here, the only one with actual substance is ender, everyone else failed the grade. cheers!

oh and hater... FUCK YOU!!!

evil ryu [300]
2019-02-21 09:42:18
[5 years, 62 days ago]

i feel you Luth on this one but Fish does make a point by bringing it up only makes the person who did feel even better. For example if in another game u create a toon named wtv and someone else creates a toon with a 1 at the end would you do the same thing and mention this it wont matter its virtual property that u dont own. You just have to be more mature then that person, cause you will always have people out to piss others off and name stealing isnt that bad. trust me its been done to me. hopefully youll be able to cope with it XD

OT

Shadowofdeath 28 [160]
2019-02-21 10:56:47
[5 years, 62 days ago]

Fifty, u missed one thing, you didn't say with whom am I supposed to fuck. :) Don't be so offended kiddo, if you are offended, stop doing shits like that! Your life must be so interesting when u still keep doing things like that. :)

My haloha goes streight to Poland this time :*

Fishwick [135]
2019-02-21 20:35:36
[5 years, 62 days ago]

Just a note on the mod complaints - we are here to moderate the forum, that's all. We aren't here to make you feel better if another player is mean to you, unless they've broken the rules. What he's doing isn't against the rules, and has been done for many years by many different players.

Also, you have a bot in your clan that is a rip off of someone elses name. How is this different to Fifty using your name?

Ecoueses [347]
2019-02-21 23:32:06
[5 years, 62 days ago]

why are 2019 snowflakes leaking into this forum?

hater [91]
2019-02-22 00:13:48
[5 years, 62 days ago]

Reborn kiddo,its obvious i cant offend You more than life offend You yet. And Luthrin i ended disscusion with You. Well i see, you're on the same waves with reborn... Dumb kids The only thing i admit is to use reborn s whored weak "ratio whored" whom he left whored for many days lok and he is still nad for that...but he should be mad at himself at first. I just used the opportunity ðŸ˜

Gpof2 [131]
2019-02-22 06:15:45
[5 years, 62 days ago]

why are 2019 snowflakes leaking into this forum?

My thoughts exactly lmao. Video games aren't some safe place and Fishwick isn't a counselor.

but I do one day want to change the game's user model so that everyone has a single login account (this would be your identity) from which you can create and manage an arbitrary number of bots.

You mean something similar to this? :]

reborn [150]
2019-02-22 09:14:16
[5 years, 61 days ago]

First of all,fifty, in this game u can get on ur knees about everything, you stupid fuck! Second of all, your 160 is still whored :* I don't even realize why am I answering to stupid fucks like you, that way I am being more stupid than you, I admit it... But hey, it's stronger than me, and according to that I will always fuck dumshits like you are :*

Luth [250]
2019-02-22 10:17:18
[5 years, 61 days ago]

Wow.. I am stunned at the likes of you morons! nearly everyone has stated that they have had it happen to them and can sympathize.. and yeah it sucks but oh fucking well... then here I come in the (complaint) forum to complain about what seemingly seems to be mutually understood and commonly accepted with most players as a reasonable complaint... yet for some reason all you escapism twats resort to dis credit and categorize this as a faulty complaint.. then go on to try and make me feel like i'm in the wrong for bringing it up hence calling me a "snowflake" Ender, if G-pof is a MOD, Id like that you have a conversation with him, he displays clear bias and Id even go as far as to say prejudice is his responses. shame on you g-pof! you fury tuna tacos and just cause g-pof name dropped im going to mention one last time that Fishwick owes me 77 battles to which I have paid him physical money to him in the form of a star and he has yet to uphold his end of the bargain so forgive me ender but fuck you Fishclit!

Also, well said reborn, even though English is not your mother-tong you conveyed the message well. cheers.

Ecoueses [347]
2019-02-22 10:53:37
[5 years, 61 days ago]

Is this equivalent of "may i speak to your manager?" Wanna shut the fuck up already?

You are free to complain, yes, and i am free to call you a snowflake. Now you can complain about me calling you snowflake.

Luth [250]
2019-02-22 11:14:12
[5 years, 61 days ago]

your mom told me to call you a fag.

avalance [47]
2019-02-22 15:06:51
[5 years, 61 days ago]

Well I can see the game has gone from half decent to worse. I love the game. But the community within is why I dont log on very often anymore, I dont think it's right in a sense to take a 'name' just to piss someone off. But yes you should of made them all at the same time :') Its happened to me and I'm sure it happens to alot of people. But I just got on with it. Also on that note, it was fifty that done it to me aswell. Kid hasnt grown for a while and doesnt look like he will for a while. It's all apart of his childish fun I suppose and if that's what he does and still is doing then no one can stop that haha. -osh

Gpof2 [131]
2019-02-22 19:17:47
[5 years, 61 days ago]

all you escapism twats resort to dis credit and categorize this as a faulty complaint.. then go on to try and make me feel like i'm in the wrong for bringing it up hence calling me a "snowflake"

Yes, it was just the couple of us from Escapism who think you're an idiot... The comment on you being a snowflake wasn't even from an Escapism member, lmao.

And just to be clear, I'm not discrediting or calling your complaint faulty, it's something that happens and is perfectly reasonable to complain about. However, thinking that it's plausible to be prevented through some sort of rules or manual correction is absurd and frankly I find it absolutely retarded to think it's reasonable to attempt to do so.

Ender, if G-pof is a MOD, Id like that you have a conversation with him, he displays clear bias and Id even go as far as to say prejudice is his responses. shame on you g-pof!

I'm not a mod, nor have I ever been, I have no idea where you even came up with that one. I wouldn't mind a conversation with Ender though if it would make you feel better. Also unsure how my position is biased in this context when I've had my name used or slandered before just like you. I've sold bots that have my name in them as well.

Ender [1]
Administrator
2019-02-23 00:30:03
[5 years, 61 days ago]

Luthrin, I'm sorry if my response made it seem like I was blaming you for this. You're right that you shouldn't have to deal with it in the first place, in an ideal world. The reality though is that trolls seek out the reaction you've given. I point that out as a gentle reminder that there's an easy way to deprive the troll of their reward, not to place blame on you.

(On a slightly related note, if anyone wants a quick laugh, go search "Ender" in the hall of fame. I think the "Enders Mistake / Love Child" account is my favorite. :D)

And yeah, moderators are just players that have unfortunately (for them) agreed to be janitors in exchange for...increased abuse. It's pretty much a completely thankless job where they deal with riveting tasks like cleanup of occasional spam/advertising and double-posting.

You mean something similar to this? :]

Oh, yes! Sorry I never replied there, I was on my hiatus then and never got a chance to go through the backlog of forum posts. But yeah, I think account linking in some form could open up a lot of interesting possibilities.

TheMan [180]
2019-02-23 10:07:36
[5 years, 60 days ago]

Your posts reborn shows all truth about you.i dont need to add anything more Btw rape that 160 its all yours lol

reborn [150]
2019-02-23 12:26:13
[5 years, 60 days ago]

Little freak kiddo, you can continue with your game the way you do, just shut the fuck up.

Gpof2 [131]
2019-02-23 13:35:41
[5 years, 60 days ago]

Btw rape that 160 its all yours lol

Free ratios what a nice guy :D

Triumph [211]
2019-05-16 15:08:53
[4 years, 343 days ago]

I'd just change the colour of mine so if they wanted to match you they'd have to log all their bots in. give it a few days or a week then do it again ^^

-Angelo

Fishdick [1]
2019-06-03 16:23:31
[4 years, 325 days ago]

Did someone ask for me?

El Hefe [391]
2019-06-03 16:36:11
[4 years, 325 days ago]

like mustard after the meal

Warmageddon [40]
2019-06-21 17:36:00
[4 years, 307 days ago]

Wow what happened to you guys? Ain't you all fully grown men.. I remember when I use to bitch about fishwick levelling one of my bots so i couldn't attack the same targets as him use to annoy me big time but I definitely didn't start calling people's mum ECT have some sort of respect guys aha!

Can't we go back to the good old days where there wasn't a limit on eph rivan nos neps still played I miss those days :(

Bitching about 77 attacks is childish.. You can attack mine 200 times for free you little girl!

Sharing is caring! Isn't hard to be nice and respectful to your fellow human

Luthrin [101]
2019-06-23 16:42:48
[4 years, 305 days ago]

Usually the expectation when paying for something is clear. When you don't get what you've paid for a complaint would be less than adequate and more so lenient. Your generosity is noted but if rather avoid any kind of affiliations with what I consider the scum of this Earth. Cheers.

Luthrin [101]
2019-06-23 16:44:58
[4 years, 305 days ago]

(But I'd* rather)

Luthrin [101]
2019-06-23 16:46:49
[4 years, 305 days ago]

Just noticed we are in the same clan though lol... I guess I can let you stretch my inward pissy wrinkles..

Fishwick [135]
2019-06-24 04:48:26
[4 years, 305 days ago]

Yawn, we've been through this before Luthrin. You used 133 attacks or whatever, logged off for the day and then didn't ask for the remaining 77 attacks for years. I don't own any ratio whores anymore, and haven't for years. Typically buying attacks on ratio whores is not a deal that spans 4 year time periods.

OldTime v2 [300]
2019-06-24 07:44:52
[4 years, 304 days ago]

Ill give a lending hand here since i own alot of rws, Luth ill give u a free rape on wich bot u need so this can buried once and for all sounds good ? Just bmail me when ur on and well get this squared off.

Mathey [93]
2019-06-24 13:46:47
[4 years, 304 days ago]

Declare all out war on them!

Luthrin [101]
2019-07-04 22:30:18
[4 years, 294 days ago]

When you put it that way fish I can't help but recede. I appreciate your acknowledgement and very reasonable reply towards the matter. I don't think it was that long after the fact but yes there was a duration of time between the purchase and my request for the remaining attacks. Again, thank you. Old-time your the man, I'll hit you up when I have some time.

DogPawSmell [22]
2019-07-05 14:55:02
[4 years, 293 days ago]

Well done Fifty, that was rather nifty. And may I applaud for concord, and that I typed this because I was bored......so stop complaining you big sissy........Enjoy my rhyme.

Pothead2 [1]
2019-12-04 19:22:13
[4 years, 141 days ago]

Some of these threads im catching up on after my extended break are comedy gold.

I dont know which is funnier... the idea of Ender trying to restrict certain user/bot names to all but one player, Luthrin trying to play the victim or the fact he is still complaining about his 77 rw hits after 5+ years.

Luthrin [101]
2020-01-08 18:21:48
[4 years, 106 days ago]

Fuck yeah boi

Nosferatu [281]
2020-01-11 11:04:20
[4 years, 103 days ago]

I'm only going to comment in here to point out it has happened to me (obviously) and rather than be offended I took it as a sign of respect.

Someone went out of their way to mimic my entire clan (they created an entire set of bots equivalent to mine, only user and bot names were reversed). They even went so far as to mimic the bot color, etc.

It might be aggravating to have to either redo your bot name scheme, or to even start over and create them all at once with the new scheme and leave the old ones at the waste side(I've done this as well), but I've always seen someone taking the time and effort to attempt to piss me off or upset me as a sign they either admire me or hate me so much they'd rather spend time on me than the game.

In the end, it's just a game. Laugh at them, and move on.

Project Ex [117]
2020-01-11 16:11:55
[4 years, 103 days ago]

i thought you died

Forum > Complaints > Name theft
Reply To Thread (login)