questions

Forum > Questions > when is the beta resetting?
Reply To Thread (login)
Berserk Fury [1]
2011-04-15 20:00:13
[13 years, 23 days ago]

is this still open beta? so does that mean our bots will be reset?

Sera [110]
2011-04-15 20:01:50
[13 years, 23 days ago]

yes this is still open beta. You accepted that your bot will reset when you created your bot, if you go try to create a new bot you will see that message that your bot will reset to 0 after open beta.

Its approx max 2 more month, potentially less.

Dragon [77]
2011-04-15 20:02:09
[13 years, 23 days ago]

like a month or two? dunno but thats about what everyones bin sayin and yes they will be reset. epic sad face lol

Master Blaster [25]
2011-04-16 10:43:31
[13 years, 22 days ago]

When beta ends then your bot gets deleted? Or it just starts out at level 1 again?

What's the point of getting to level 158 or 160 or whatever it is like a couple of people have done if you will need to start over again? That seems kind of pointless to get that high only to have to start out at square 1 again in a couple of months.

Also, do you keep the stars you bought during beta? Perhaps a better explanation on what will happen after beta ends would be helpful. I just stared yesterday and haven't looked at any posts yet so i might have missed it if this was explained before. Thanks...

Off [118]
2011-04-16 10:47:27
[13 years, 22 days ago]

How many times this question has been asked...
1. Nobody knows when open beta ends. We all, also Ender too, can only guess.
2. Accounts will be reset, so stars will remain on them.

Master Blaster [29]
2011-04-16 14:15:35
[13 years, 22 days ago]

I don't know, how many times has this question been asked? You tell me?

Maybe the man himself should answer this one. Since floR isn't the man (thank gawd) then I have confidence that it will be answered.

With all of that said. Then whats the point of trying to level a bot now? To see if the game works? It works just like it always did so beta should be over real soon I would think. New additions can be made while the game is running, can't it? Get the show on the road now so people can start leveling their bot and try to break enders record of 400 or whatever it was.

And now for the tough question. Whats the point of buying stars now if they will be deleted as well? (If you want to reward Ender for his hard work and it certainly is well deserved then by all means stars should be bought. I'm not saying they shouldn't be.) I want to buy stars too because I would like to give the money to somebody that deserves it. floR didn't deserved it because he didn't do anything.

I do appreciate responses but perhaps someone that knows the answer to these questions should answer them. And remember, I just joined yesterday and haven't had the time to search the entire site for for any answers.

Be nice, I'm not some n00B that has never played this game before. I just want to know some things thats all. I've put more time in to playing this game then most have, except for Ender himself and perhaps everybodies favorite lurker jans. lol Cheers.

Master Blaster [29]
2011-04-16 14:17:28
[13 years, 22 days ago]

Ok, off said the stars would stay. My bad... Go figure.

Emanuel [126]
2011-04-16 14:25:34
[13 years, 22 days ago]

> To see if the game works? It works just like it always did so beta should be over real soon I would think.

No, it does not work like it always did. Everything's been rewritten from scratch so we can't know if it works or not unless we try it.

Just a couple of days ago there was a bug that allowed a bot to get 16~ million energy, it's better if bugs like that appears during beta, rather than after the release of the game.

Master Blaster [29]
2011-04-16 14:59:38
[13 years, 22 days ago]

Thank you for the answer ender... Oh... sorry you aren't ender.

The fighting sequence seems to be working just fine and thats the biggest part of the game, if not the entire game. The leveling, the shop and all the basics seem fine and I am a whopping level 29 so I have played a bit.

That part seems to be working ok? Doesn't it? If it is then keep it going like that and tweek everything else as you go along. (These text boxes in the forum and the post office do need some work because theres a lot of lag.)

Is the game going to be reset after every new option is added or tweeked later on? Not likely. It seems to be pretty good right now for whats here. Other then the clans most everything is up and running it seems.

Don't get upset with what I'm saying. Conversation is good and I'm just sharing my thoughts... Cheers.

Actually don't pay what I'm saying any heed. I'm just shooting my mouth off again. (I missed doing that when the other bots went offline.) Now that I think about it, it might be best to reset everything so that everybody will start on a level playing field. Its just too bad that it will take so long to get to that point.

Alan [95]
2011-04-16 15:29:36
[13 years, 22 days ago]

^ I like you.

ActiveX [110]
Head Moderator
2011-04-16 16:30:13
[13 years, 22 days ago]

presumptuous much?

Sera [110]
2011-04-16 17:32:44
[13 years, 22 days ago]

Go have a life and come back in two months again. Most of the people playing now know perfectly well that the bots will reset.

Regarding stars theres quote of ender somewhere saying if nothing else he will preserve your stars :p not in those words but in that context.

Toruk Makto [107]
2011-04-16 20:17:35
[13 years, 22 days ago]

Enders Quote:

What will happen to my stars after open beta?
Whatever ends up happening, I will make sure that you do not lose your stars. Right now, it's looking like I will simply reset accounts instead of delete, meaning the stars will stay on your account and will be there waiting for you when you log into your bot after the reset for the release.

Hobo [83]
2011-04-16 20:56:19
[13 years, 22 days ago]

oh noes!! alan has a douchier friend now..

Forum > Questions > when is the beta resetting?
Reply To Thread (login)