announcements

Ender [1]
Administrator
2014-12-01 00:10:02
[9 years, 148 days ago]

Congrats to ReneDescartes [220] for leading <Escapism> to victory in the November 2014 clan competition and securing a 2nd George Washington platinum trophy! Monthly energy has been reset and a new round has begun.

rank clan owner energy month
1 <Escapism> ReneDescartes [220]
7,092,107 (x8.25)
2 <Eternal> Shoegazer [102]
6,526,407 (x7.66)
3 <Alliance> Pothead [74]
5,646,825 (x7.00)
4 <Platinium Squad> neps0 [70] 1,015,235 (x1.21)
5 <Z Fighters> Juv0 [99]
981,604 (x1.15)
6 <Reservoir Dogs> Mr Green [80] 955,693 (x1.38)
7 <Berzerker Barbarians> mrvain [138]
952,753 (x1.10)
8 <Peace> ACE 10 [55]
944,827 (x1.09)
9 <Atreides> gr33n [82]
915,864 (x1.08)
10 <Rapture> Satanus Inaximasus [300]
891,712 (x1.03)

Also see:

Nosferatu [269]
2014-12-01 00:11:45
[9 years, 148 days ago]

Congrats on the come from behind win Escapism.

Shoegazer [102]
2014-12-01 00:27:33
[9 years, 148 days ago]

greatest swoop-win ever

chimpus [98]
2014-12-01 03:47:46
[9 years, 148 days ago]

Pretty awesome escapism! Well done guys

small smeker [53]
2014-12-01 06:56:18
[9 years, 148 days ago]

tnx people's :D

Fishwick [134]
2014-12-01 09:26:02
[9 years, 148 days ago]

There was some awesome scatter dumping that last day, I don't know what the record was but I'm 99% sure it was broken, congratulations guys!

Also, really well done to Pothead. Amazing, record breaking month for him and Alliance almost contending with the top 2 is an achievement in itself.

Judge Zal [27]
2014-12-01 09:56:13
[9 years, 148 days ago]

dumpers ftw

Pothead [74]
2014-12-01 10:40:44
[9 years, 148 days ago]

Congratz Escapism, I was slating your tactics and saying you were pushing way too late but you made me look a complete fool lol! Hopefully there are many more months as close and competitive as this one :)

hope10 [36]
2014-12-01 13:25:54
[9 years, 147 days ago]

Congrats Escapism for a memorable finish and to Pothead for working hard all month.

Ville [134]
2014-12-01 14:52:02
[9 years, 147 days ago]

Fishwick I believe we moved more energy in March of this year the 2nd to last day of the month. That was the month we broke the record.

Fishwick [134]
2014-12-01 17:54:29
[9 years, 147 days ago]

Hmm, not so sure about that, it would be nice if Ender could implement some way of tracking it, its a shame mugglewumps went down. Either way, 1m+ dumped in a single session between the 3 of them is awesome.

Ville [134]
2014-12-01 18:01:24
[9 years, 147 days ago]

We were also down by 1.5 million (I believe) in July of 2013 and came back in 2 days to win. You all scored (you specifically) scored as well. We had all of our guys active. I'm pretty sure we scored at least a million 1 day both those months. But in your defense we had more than 3 people doing it.

(Although didn't you have TheCause, ESV, Rene, Benny, and yourself scoring?) That's more than 3 :P

Pothead [74]
2014-12-01 18:01:26
[9 years, 147 days ago]

You scatter dumperers amaze me =]

ActiveX [260]
Head Moderator
2014-12-02 02:41:00
[9 years, 147 days ago]

wow grats Escapism, nobody saw that coming =)

Samuli [150]
2014-12-02 03:32:23
[9 years, 147 days ago]

I thought that Benny was supposed to rumpa humpa i skogen for the whole month.

Judge Zal [27]
2014-12-02 09:07:37
[9 years, 147 days ago]

You scatter dumperers amaze me =]

Well it's not hard for them since I believe Escapism (or at least Khael) has some sort of bloody accounting system for all their bots. They know where all their ratio whores are, win dumpers, normal dumpers, whores are and probably what ratios they have and what wins / levels each needs. Once you have such a system set up it's a matter of figuring out which order of bots you dump onto and perhaps they even have a plan for that.

For me such a system would ruin any fun the game would ever give. Mind you I already think the game is dead pretty much. Sure 3 clans just did something like 20 mill energy combined but there's no Ender, no development, nobody to talk to because everyone is so damned incubated now and won't chat since that cuts into their scoring time.

So ya, it may have been a good month, but to me all of you are just names on a list now that means nothing. You're just attacking yourselves for rights to say that you beat another person who attacked themselves less.

/end rant that nobody will read

Zord [54]
2014-12-02 10:57:44
[9 years, 147 days ago]

Merry christmas ! :)

(and also you do have a point....)

8lukes [72]
2014-12-02 13:07:53
[9 years, 146 days ago]

nobody to talk to because everyone is so damned incubated now and won't chat since that cuts into their scoring time.

Well... I'm playing for over 2 years now. I had some conversations by bmail but not on chat. Their is only one reason for this and that reason is that I have no idea how the chat works.

Yes, I know, it sounds as a lame excuse but honestly, I just don't know. Seems that 8lukes is an erroneous name or something like that. And I don't know how to fix that because I'm not that much of an IT-guy.

And yes, I DID read your post :p

ActiveX [260]
Head Moderator
2014-12-02 13:10:03
[9 years, 146 days ago]

just click the chat button :P

Judge Zal [27]
2014-12-02 13:31:42
[9 years, 146 days ago]

Apparently people do read my rats for some reason :P Must be a boring day.

I'm not saying incubation is a bad thing. It's just that I personally have spent far more time talking to people and having fun on this game than scoring. I think it adds a dimension to the game when you help your friends do things such as get a good clan ranking or make a group dumper clan or something. Gives you motivation is all.

Just don't do something like this is all I'm saying:

NOTICE
- I won't reply nor read any mails sent to me by any players that I'm not friends with. So don't assume that I'm auto-clicking nor being arrogant and such. I just don't care about it at all.

- I won't read the clan forum anymore, so to my friends that wants to speak something to me, just send a bmail directly.

- I won't be helping out anymore on lending something or doing something for people that aren't courteous enough to ask for it by saying please and says thanks afterwards as gratitude.

- I won't be a negotiator anymore. If you have problems with one of my clan members, totally beat him up (I don't care) and just leave other members out of it.

http://bots4.net/profile/174/Lyrad

I'm not using this as a personal attack against you Lyrad it's just that I want to make a point to newer players to expand their horizons and make friends. I know how it feels to be lonely (as we all do) and want to tell everyone that at least some of us are here for you and will talk with you unless your name is Alan or skipper hehe. I think incubation leads to boredom and our current predicament of so very few people joining and staying. We don't let anyone in :(

8lukes [72]
2014-12-02 13:41:00
[9 years, 146 days ago]

I won't reply nor read any mails sent to me by any players that I'm not friends with. So don't assume that I'm auto-clicking nor being arrogant and such. I just don't care about it at all.

Ok, I won't bmail you then :(

But glad you're responding on the forum then :p

Judge Zal [27]
2014-12-02 13:42:50
[9 years, 146 days ago]

That's Lyrad's profile, not mine. You can chat with me anytime you like, as with anyone else.

TheCause [376]
2014-12-02 14:13:36
[9 years, 146 days ago]

i can understand that

high level players get contacted a lot, i have noticed this as well, but ill reply with a proper answer, i do understand that you can get tired with all kind of silly requests though,

Sj has a habit to spam :) hehe

Fishwick [134]
2014-12-02 15:29:23
[9 years, 146 days ago]

Lyrad has never been one for talking, he prefers to just play the game and excel, which he does to insane levels. From my experience, he is pretty much unique in that fact, the majority of the player base are more than happy to chat, Esvrainzas is a good polar opposite to Lyrad. They both have similar knowledge of the game, but Esv loves to chat, recruit, talk in the forums and help new people.

I think it adds a dimension to the game when you help your friends do things such as get a good clan ranking or make a group dumper clan or something. Gives you motivation is all.

This is probably the biggest driving force behind the top clans wins, certainly for Escapism (and of course Atreides). When we do the big weekends, we are all in it together, helping each others bots, in our irc, chatting for hours on end, just like we were on Sunday. None of us are really interested in scoring unless we are all in it together, as can be seen from the relative lack of effort throughout the month, until we decided to band together and give it a go. Playing the game efficiently doesn't take the fun out of the game, it just means you play more efficiently.

I'd probably say the game is much more welcoming than it was when I started playing bots2. I remember wanting to learn about this game that I really enjoyed playing, but the top clans weren't interested in teaching me, and no one helped me improve my bot so I got tons of losses. I don't know many people currently playing that, when a newbie messages them, would reply with anything but help, maybe even SJ would give it a go... lol.

Thanks to "unlimited" clan numbers, anytime a new guy posts in the clan forum looking for a home, they are pretty much instantly swooped up, even if they don't look like they'll be amazing scorers. I think the problem with the game struggling to attract new people is getting people here in the first place, and how boring the game is, especially for new people. We can't sit around and blame this and that when ultimately we click hyperlinks and watch numbers go up. Bots2 could attract people in 2005, but a lot has changed with the internet/games since then. I still occasionally play but its not an action packed adventure, and as such will always struggle to motivate new people to stick around.

Nosferatu [269]
2014-12-02 17:22:20
[9 years, 146 days ago]

Bots2 could attract people in 2005, but a lot has changed with the internet/games since then. I still occasionally play but its not an action packed adventure, and as such will always struggle to motivate new people to stick around.

That's honestly the big appeal for me in this game. Is the lack of attention really required. I enjoy watching movies and tv shows on my pc and like to have something simple and mindless to do along with it. So for me, this game is perfect just the way it is.

Judge Zal [27]
2014-12-02 21:12:26
[9 years, 146 days ago]

I feel like I somehow took this announcement thread off topic a bit but since it has pertinent information you can't find elsewhere really, I'll continue it.

First, thanks for the long reply Fish, you sure love making those :P

I don't know many people currently playing that, when a newbie messages them, would reply with anything but help, maybe even SJ would give it a go... lol.

For a challenge you should make a level 1-20 or so with a random name and message everyone online at the time to see if they would help you. I'd just be interested in the results.

I'm also not really blaming any one particular facet for the lack of people on bots4. I'm an old person on this game now and I feel like I've somehow got into this "seniors" group of people who don't really need help and we essentially know all the facets of the game. When you get to the point that the game has nothing new to offer you, you tend to go to the next game or do something else.

Just a fun example of the seniors group I mentioned: While Pothead did score vigorously last month, to veterans like me, Nos, or Rose etc. he's still pretty much a noob due to the years difference when he started to play and we did. Not that he doesn't work hard (although he may not, I don't truly know), but we've been there, seen that, heard all the "I'm great" speeches and clan wars etc. In my experience they were all pretty much followed by "oh hey, [insert name here who scored the most last month] was actually autoclicking" mostly because I was in the same clans as them. So when you hear those speeches enough from cheaters you tend not to trust really anyone that does well scoring, leveling, or even idling (as seen with xvid recently).

That's honestly the big appeal for me in this game. Is the lack of attention really required. I enjoy watching movies and tv shows on my pc and like to have something simple and mindless to do along with it. So for me, this game is perfect just the way it is.

I kinda wish we'd advertise bots4 as an idle game like that Clicker Heroes game. Plenty of people play that thing lol. The only times I play now is when I watch a movie or a show online really so I'm in the same boat as you. No more 5 bots online trying to focus on scoring the most for me anymore.

Congrats to Escapism, I'm done now. Dumpers ftw! =D

Pothead [100]
2014-12-02 21:22:33
[9 years, 146 days ago]

Zal, im quite offended by that post. If you are trying to say that I am probably cheating because of my achievements then you should be embarrassed, I have said countless times on chat i want ender to check me every hour of every day for scripting or w.e else cheaters do as some narrow minded person was predictably going to suggest this.

Also I dont think you can really complain about no one playing when you hardly play yourself.

Judge Zal [27]
2014-12-02 21:49:41
[9 years, 146 days ago]

I'm not accusing you of anything paranoid boy. I believe you're 100% scoring legally. I don't think I really deserve to be yelled at for nothing :/

I did call you new though. Although you did play in bots2, I don't remember you as Pure Dream etc. and you didn't know me. So for me and for quite a few others you're the newest high scorer on the game is all. That's all I was using you as an example for.

PRICELESS [75]
2014-12-02 22:00:42
[9 years, 146 days ago]

Pothead welcome to the club lol

Pothead [100]
2014-12-02 22:07:44
[9 years, 146 days ago]

Not that he doesn't work hard (although he may not, I don't truly know), but we've been there, seen that, heard all the "I'm great" speeches and clan wars etc. In my experience they were all pretty much followed by "oh hey, [insert name here who scored the most last month] was actually autoclicking" mostly because I was in the same clans as them. So when you hear those speeches enough from cheaters you tend not to trust really anyone that does well scoring, leveling, or even idling (as seen with xvid recently).

You are basically saying in few months or whatever down the line, you believe it will turn out i am a cheater and that my "speech" resembled that of a cheater in the past. This game isn't hard and the idea is to put in a lot of time...so i do. Some people decide pretty quick whether its worth investing so much time into or not, i obviously think it is.

Last month i was getting up showering, eating etc straight away and then doing a good 4 or 5 hour session of non stop clicking taking an hours break and doing another 2 4-5 hour sessions, i busted my ass off.. so to hear you say something like that is obviously going to really get to me.

I dont see people on here as names on a list i see them as people from all over the world most of who i enjoy speaking to regularly and sharing eachothers daily news or w.e with.

As for when i played bots2 i was around 13 or 14 and yes i did own the bot named "PuRe DrEaM" owned a clan called satans soldiers a few times with basher and came 1st one month but wasnt very consistent at all as i had school etc, also me and chimpus were good friends back then in real life so he could back me up on that (he used to take the piss out of me for it lol).

Shit like this just makes me think what is the point of trying your best on this game if people will just think and call you a cheater.

PRICELESS [75]
2014-12-02 22:11:24
[9 years, 146 days ago]

Shit like this just makes me think what is the point of trying your best on this game if people will just think and call you a cheater.
+1

Judge Zal [27]
2014-12-02 22:30:17
[9 years, 146 days ago]

If we're going to go super off-topic on things we make up about what people have said (that also ends up being mean and depressing), then I'm going to ignore all you said and think you said "show me a funny soccer video".

Well here you go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F9jXYOH2c0

Oh that Scott Sterling...

Evap02 [119]
2014-12-02 23:13:40
[9 years, 146 days ago]

That was good times.

Pothead [100]
2014-12-02 23:45:34
[9 years, 146 days ago]

How am i making up what you have said ..i have quoted the text :S you used my name and then carried on to say you dont trust anyone who does well scoring etc as they normally turn out to be cheaters, Meaning you obviously dont trust that my score last month was legit.... Anyway I know the truth so anyone who thinks im a cheater can deepthroat my stallion size sausage.

And David Dunn falling over while trying to show off will always be the funniest football video ;)

Judge Zal [27]
2014-12-03 09:41:53
[9 years, 146 days ago]

What's that Pothead? You want to see an Unreal 4 Trooper dance to Funkytown? Well that's a tall order but I'll see what I can do...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playerembedded&v=uH4pwDRySQ

(To anybody that cares, I'm just being a retard since Pothead's being a retard. Except my retardness is funny. Have fun everyone!)

Leader2 [72]
2014-12-03 11:02:21
[9 years, 146 days ago]

Grats Escapism, nice work. I agree with Ville. I think eternal did more in the month of March this year in one single day than you did last month. Think I and port royal did around 1 million between us that's without Everyone else scoring too. But it was another great month from the top 3 clans atm

TheCause [376]
2014-12-03 13:00:01
[9 years, 145 days ago]

have to agree with NOS on this, you can click and do something else very easy, TV on, nice movie and hit the fight/train again button, its a simple game but with a great community.

cornrolls [29]
2014-12-11 17:14:08
[9 years, 137 days ago]

yup

stone2 [31]
2014-12-11 18:01:57
[9 years, 137 days ago]

Pothead, I think the chances of you(I mean anyone) being a cheater is higher the more active you are and the more successful you are. It just puts a target on your back when you are the best at something. In anything at life if you are the best at something people are gonna wonder if you are legit. People are sceptical by success. Lance Armstrong, a rod, Barry bonds are a few of the most successful athletes that cheated to be the best. I personally think you are legit, but it's natural for people to question how you got to be the best. You have given a very valid explanation to how you get to be #1 which is believable and I do believe you, but theres nothing worse then working your butt off and getting beat by a cheater. And it happens more then it should. Cheers pothead, keep the competition coming :) -Jaffar

ActiveX [261]
Head Moderator
2014-12-11 18:04:53
[9 years, 137 days ago]

Pothead, I think the chances of you(I mean anyone) being a cheater is higher the more active you are and the more successful you are.

No. The chances of you being suspected of cheating increases with success.

stone2 [31]
2014-12-11 18:11:18
[9 years, 137 days ago]

That's pretty much what i said in the second half lol. Thanks for clarifying though

Pothead [100]
2014-12-11 18:40:05
[9 years, 137 days ago]

Thanks jaffar thats nice coming from you as I have never spoke to you. But yeah without getting into this whole debate again..I will just campaign for much harder captchas and anti cheat ideas(w.e that means lol) i dont really know how else i can prove i am not cheating...

Fishwick [134]
2014-12-11 18:41:56
[9 years, 137 days ago]

Pretty much everyone has been accused of cheating if they have done anything remotely noteworthy, including neps, half of escapism, half of eternal and many more. For what its worth, I'm quite big on trying to figure out who is and isn't cheating, and I've never had a reason to suspect you pothead.

jaffar666 [101]
2014-12-15 19:16:49
[9 years, 133 days ago]

Your welcome pot. I know we haven't talked but I know you from all the forums I've read, including when you were at eternal. I'm a pretty quiet player so I probably know you more then you know me lol. Keep up the good work!

Nosferatu [272]
2014-12-16 10:38:19
[9 years, 133 days ago]

You're*

Crab Whistler [130]
2014-12-16 10:52:09
[9 years, 133 days ago]

Post-count +1*